Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant (21892 Views)

Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos 2022 / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Leonel55(m): 12:34am On Jun 11, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hello Folks

We Look at the Cost of renting a 2 bedroom apartment in Abuja, due to the fact people have been asking for a more detailed cost of rent around Nigeria

https://cotenant.com.ng/news/

Abuja is the capital city of Nigeria. It is located in the centre of Nigeria, within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Abuja is a planned city, and was built mainly in the 1980s. It officially became Nigeria’s capital on 12 December 1991, replacing Lagos, which is still the country’s most populous city. At the 2006 census, the city of Abuja had a population of 776,298, making it one of the top ten most populous cities in Nigeria. The unofficial metropolitan area of Abuja is well over three million, which would make it the fourth largest urban area in Nigeria only surpassed by Lagos, Kano and Ibadan.

The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Abuja is ₦1,390,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦25,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year.

Apo
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Apo is ₦1,500,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦8,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦600,000 per year.

Asokoro District
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Asokoro District, Abuja is ₦4,500,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦40,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦2,000,000 per year

Durumi
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Durumi, Abuja is ₦1,500,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦2,600,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦950,000 per year.

Guzape
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Guzape District, Abuja is ₦2,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦3,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦1,800,000 per year

Have an empty room to rent out join Co-Tenant

Lokogoma
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Lokogoma is ₦2,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦10,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦900,000 per year

Mabuchi
The average price of 1 bedroom flats for rent in Mabuchi, Abuja is ₦1,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦8,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦400,000 per year

Utako
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Utako, Abuja is ₦2,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦6,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦800,000 per year

Spending a lot on Rent and Bills Join Co-Tenant

Wuse 2
The average price of 1 bedroom flats for rent in Wuse 2, Abuja is ₦4,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦12,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦1,500,000 per year

Kubwa
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Kubwa is Read More

I don't guarantee this are the real price but estimate

Guy, this is not an attack on your effort but this your post is unnecessarily and scarily on the high side. A simple search on immediately proves it wrong. There are obviously highly priced 2 bedroom apartments but there are also many that don't cost that much.

These screenshots shown here are recent ads with varying low range rent rates.

Please don't put up posts that scare people without doing a thoroughly balanced research.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by King44(m): 12:34am On Jun 11, 2019
BABANGBALI:
na you dey give them abi?
they do have Cooper's lodge na abi dem dey pay ni
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by BABANGBALI: 12:39am On Jun 11, 2019
King44:
they do have Cooper's lodge na abi dem dey pay ni
not all corpers

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by shankara7: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Leonel55:

Guy, this is not an attack on your effort but this your post is unnecessarily and scarily on the high side. A simple search on immediately proves it wrong. There are obviously highly priced 2 bedroom apartments but there are also many that don't cost that much.

These screenshots shown here are recent ads with varying low range rent rates.

Please don't put up posts that scare people without doing a thoroughly balanced research.

Have a nice day
The screenshots you posted clearly stated Lugbe.. What's your point actually?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by missera(f): 1:35am On Jun 11, 2019
I stay at wuye in Abuja. There's a plot of land for sale close to my house it's going for N 80 million. Abuja is a place where you make your money here and spend it here.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by sholatech(m): 1:45am On Jun 11, 2019
missera:
I stay at wuye in Abuja. There's a plot of land for sale close to my house it's going for N 80 million. Abuja is a place where you make your money here and spend it here.

Plot of land is 80m iN Wuye Abuja? Means Abuja Lands really are crazy!
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by wink2015(m): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hello Folks

We Look at the Cost of renting a 2 bedroom apartment in Abuja, due to the fact people have been asking for a more detailed cost of rent around Nigeria

https://cotenant.com.ng/news/

Abuja is the capital city of Nigeria. It is located in the centre of Nigeria, within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Abuja is a planned city, and was built mainly in the 1980s. It officially became Nigeria’s capital on 12 December 1991, replacing Lagos, which is still the country’s most populous city. At the 2006 census, the city of Abuja had a population of 776,298, making it one of the top ten most populous cities in Nigeria. The unofficial metropolitan area of Abuja is well over three million, which would make it the fourth largest urban area in Nigeria only surpassed by Lagos, Kano and Ibadan.

The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Abuja is ₦1,390,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦25,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year.

Apo
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Apo is ₦1,500,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦8,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦600,000 per year.

Asokoro District
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Asokoro District, Abuja is ₦4,500,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦40,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦2,000,000 per year

Durumi
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Durumi, Abuja is ₦1,500,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦2,600,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦950,000 per year.

Guzape
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Guzape District, Abuja is ₦2,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦3,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦1,800,000 per year

Have an empty room to rent out join Co-Tenant

Lokogoma
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Lokogoma is ₦2,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦10,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦900,000 per year

Mabuchi
The average price of 1 bedroom flats for rent in Mabuchi, Abuja is ₦1,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦8,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦400,000 per year

Utako
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Utako, Abuja is ₦2,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦6,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦800,000 per year

Spending a lot on Rent and Bills Join Co-Tenant

Wuse 2
The average price of 1 bedroom flats for rent in Wuse 2, Abuja is ₦4,000,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦12,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦1,500,000 per year

Kubwa
The average price of 2 bedroom flats for rent in Kubwa is Read More

I don't guarantee this are the real price but estimate

With this type of high accommodation cost living in Abuja will be a nightmare especially for young starter such as corpers, etc

The federal government is bitterly guilty of this escalated cost of accommodation in Abuja as the political leaders failed to spread massive development to the regions or states in Nigeria.

When I remember that wicked demolition of a strip club in Abuja, Nigeria a building that would have been converted to residential housing by the necessary agency under the Buhari administration the situation becomes more disturbing.

The federal government of Nigeria should encourage growth at the state level to reduce the massive urge for people relocating to the FCT Abuja for jobs, business etc

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Nobody: 2:55am On Jun 11, 2019
How about gwarimpa? Any part of it can you give estimate of 3 bedroom plz

Don’t include that Charlie boy area o
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Aaronbee7(m): 4:01am On Jun 11, 2019
fnep2smooth:
True... Renting house here is too expensive... Only if you want to live at places like gwagwalada, nyaya, gwako, mabushi, soka, kuje, etc oboy ghetto for here
You're correct. From Nyanya to the city center is just 15 - 25 minutes drive and one can get a very good and spacious 2 bedroom flat in Nyanya between N250 - 300k

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by zabuur: 4:06am On Jun 11, 2019
What about karmo
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:10am On Jun 11, 2019
J111333:
Biko how do average civil servants and corps members with peanut salaries survive over there?

Good question
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 11, 2019
Living in Abuja is quite expensive due to the presence of political elites. But las las we go de okay. I still prefer it to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by utepu: 5:22am On Jun 11, 2019
I like the research
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by victorazyvictor(m): 5:27am On Jun 11, 2019
J111333:
Biko how do average civil servants and corps members with peanut salaries survive over there?

They live in BQs
Boys Quarters .... Price from 150k - 500k depending on the area
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Humility017(m): 6:17am On Jun 11, 2019
J111333:

they use the slump areas...gishiri and mpape for example

it is so bad that house rents in Abuja are so expensive...I remember I saw a lady in gwarimpa complaining to me the huge cost of a mere 2 bedroom flats in Dawaki going for 1.2M that was last month
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Humility017(m): 6:19am On Jun 11, 2019
knc:
How about gwarimpa? Any part of it can you give estimate of 3 bedroom plz

Don’t include that Charlie boy area o

for gwarimpa
a duplex with a BQ goes for 4-5M naira semi-duplex...

while a flat goes for 1-2M... excluding Charlie boy area...I live there though
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2019
missera:
The Standard land sizes there are around 100*120 feet. Why buy that land at Wuye when you can buy 4 units of completed 3 bedroom estates at neighboring Utako which is valued higher at 120-150m.

That price should go down in this recession as Utako was about 100m per plot pre Buhari's Era. We had a property which was priced at 250m before but it's now valued at around 150m max.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Enuoyan: 6:49am On Jun 11, 2019
N40,000,000.00 just to rent a 2 bedroom flat for one year!!! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by balonaija(f): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2019
hm
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Tomide007: 7:26am On Jun 11, 2019
J111333:
Virtually all civil servants stay in mararaba (nassarawa state) or suleja (Niger state) only directors, and permanent secretaries who have seen money to chop stay in Abuja, others go to satellite towns.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2019
Humility017:

for gwarimpa
a duplex with a BQ goes for 4-5M naira semi-duplex...

while a flat goes for 1-2M... excluding Charlie boy area...I live there though

Thanks bro
have lived there.. so ur estimate is correct... Just considering ph and abj where person fit settle down as i would like to leave imo once i get married which is likely to happen soon

But I don see BQ we be like flat ooo the thing sharp die lolxxxx
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Blessing97(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2019
Enuoyan:
N40,000,000.00 just to rent a 2 bedroom flat for one year!!! shocked shocked shocked
Baba the thing weak me reach my bone marrow. For person to dey pay that kind stupendous amount of rent for a year, why not just start building your own house small small. Chai!
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by laplace13: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2019
missera:

LOL.

The only thing costly in Abuja is accommodation. Every other thing including food and transportation is so cheap.

The cab fare is ridiculously cheap compared to Lagos cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by comtem2011: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2019
shankara7:
The screenshots you posted clearly stated Lugbe.. What's your point actually?
Trying to tell you that those prices that the op put up there are scary. not only those places he mentioned exist in Abuja. There are beautiful estates everywhere and with 1.5m you will rent a 3-bedroom flat. Lugbe is part of Abuja and a lot of people reside there. the op over rated the prices, though there are houses that are very expensive but not everywhere. With 400k, you will stay in 2 bedroom flat in Lugbe and enjoy yourself. He should not scare people away.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by laplace13: 11:13am On Jun 11, 2019
princeking2:
Living in Abuja is quite expensive due to the presence of political elites. But las las we go de okay. I still prefer it to Lagos.

Accommodation is the only thing expensive.

Abuja is as cheap as other northern states. The inhabitants are not rich but they struggle to live in expensive houses imposed on them by government land acquisition laws tongue
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
What about Mararaba, Masaka, Jikwoyi, Gidan Mangoro and the rest, there is no 2 bedroom flat going for N100k in Abuja or the surrounding surburbs.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by TheStarsAlign: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
Freshbaba95:
Thanks for sharing. I'll just go to Ayetoro and acquire Land enough to build a community

Ooooooshe!!! but the truth is your reasoning is like that because you worked hard for that money. The problem in Nigeria is the warped reward system and perspective.

Politicians and govt official are earning incomes they never imagine they'll earn so to spend becomes big deal even when their total input are sub par.

'The problem of Nigeria is not money but how to spend it' ~ Yakubu Gowon

If you visit most of the place OP mentioned you'll see more % are vacant. When you see those big buildings in, Lekki, Banana etc, they are owned by entrepreneurs who live in them but in Abuja, they are built like birds by poluticians (its no typo).

I have a friend who told me she can never live in Ikorodu, but would rather stay in her Ikoyi, move to Lekki or anywhere in that axis or kukuma leave the country all together. Perspective.

OP, kindly do a write-up for Ondo especially Akure. Kindly post a link if you have done something in the past.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant by Harmodle1: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
Cryptocurrency comes to mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Statistics Of Women Per Region Who Own A House With Title In Nigeria / EXECUTIVE BATHROOM NEEDS HERE WITH PICTURES / What Survey Plan Is All About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.