Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:29 AM

Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) (610 Views)

Yobe Deputy Governor's Son, Two Others Die In Road Crash / Obituary Of Man & His 2 Children Who Died In Auto Crash On Keffi-Abuja Road / Cows Killed After Causing Accident In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) by Naijautonews: 3:31am On Jun 11, 2019
The car crash in Abuja involved a husband and wife who lost their lives on the spot. The driver of the trailer had fled after the accident but police has found the vehicle and caught him. Read more details below!

There has been a car accident in Abuja which happened on Sunday around 8.am in the morning.

Reports reaching Naijauto says five persons lost their lives in the crash, among which is a husband and wife. The sixth person, a woman, sustained serious injury and was then rushed to the nearby hospital. The accident happened close to Serco Junction, along Kubwa Expressway.

A Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) official, Mr. Emmanuel Agbo, who confirmed the incident said, it involved a Toyota Camry car that was coming from Kubwa axis into Abuja city and a trailer heading towards the same direction. The trailer hit the Toyota Camry.

The damaged Toyota Camry car after it was hit by the trailer

Mr. Agbo told NAN reporters who arrived the scene of the accident that the effect of the hit on the Toyota Camry with six passengers was strong on the car that it veered off the road.

The impact forced the car, with registration number ABC 978 SL, to crash onto a concrete pillar of a bridge across the highway.

Five persons in the car, including a couple, died on the spot. You can see their corpses on the ground. A sixth person in the car, a woman, sustained serious injuries and has been rushed to the hospital.

We are trying to move the dead to the mortuary of one of the hospitals in the city

He went further to say that the driver of the trailer didn't stop after hitting the car. The police had to chase him and he was caught.

Trailers have caused a lot of tragic accidents in Abuja

A police officer named Inspector Danjuma Garba said the driver of the trailer is now in police custody.

He said, his men were contacted about the incident and the fleeing trailer and they chased after him. The trailer driver was caught at Aya area.

Source: https://naijauto.com/market-news/abuja-road-crash-3980?utm_source=Nairaland&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=sprouting

1 Like

Re: Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) by chukwuibuipob: 3:40am On Jun 11, 2019
sad
Re: Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) by dingbang(m): 3:42am On Jun 11, 2019
Wetin people dey see for road eh, na only God dey protect person
Re: Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) by princeade86(m): 5:08am On Jun 11, 2019
God will take control of everything.
Re: Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) by Tapout(m): 5:49am On Jun 11, 2019
I've always wondered why most drivers run away after causing an accident until i witnessed one at new market lekki.....the trailer driver bashed and injured a keke driver and instead of finding a way to rush the guy to the hospital, those present (mostly touts) started throwing all manner of things at him huge rocks, bottles, iron bars, planks etc, his windscreen was literally shattered. the driver who initially stopped just took off, hitting like two other cars b4 gaining access to lekki- epe express way and still had like 5 bikes or there about chasing after him(seemed like those stuffs we see in movies) . now imagine what would have happened if he decided to come down from his truck. all i'm trying to say is when we stop taking laws into our own hands in this country, we move one step towards creating a new Nigerian. would have done the same if i was in his shoes and then report myself in the safest police station. cos even the nearest one to the incident scene isn't even safe.

IMO, all trucks in Nigeria should have a speed limiter cos most truck drivers drive like gods....rip to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Fleeing After Causing 5 Deaths In Abuja Road Crash (with Photo) by iTearHerToto: 6:23am On Jun 11, 2019
What's the name of the driver please I have this familiar feeling he's coming from a particular bloodthirsty clan

Gimme a sec lemme check
[img]https:///view/check-checking-investigate-magnify-gif-9575597.gif[/img]

Pukesangry

(1) (Reply)

Which African Country Can I Do Business With 2million Naira / Transport And Passport To Sierra Leone? / Need To Ship My Luggage From Antwerp To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.