Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Love And Lies (part 3) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love And Lies (part 3) (380 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Lies From Pretty Lips / A Game Of Love And Obsession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love And Lies (part 3) by Sezioha(m): 10:09am On Jun 11, 2019
“Hey, why are you staring at him like that, as if he is not your boyfriend?” that was Sheila, a girl I had never spoken to. In fact, nobody ever speaks to her in class. She was a half-caste. Her father was a European expatriate and her mother a Nigerian from the Delta region. Her parents were divorced. And because of the way she carried herself, and kept to herself everyone felt that she was a snob.

Surprised that she was talking to me, I remained quiet.

She sat down beside me, “You all think I’m a snob right?” she asked, looking at the football pitch. She knew the answer and yet she was still asking. She behaved like one, dressed like one and does every other thing like one, and so nobody in our class wanted any dealing with a snob so we all kept our distance.

“Sure, you behave like one,” I said .

She smiled, “If I were really one, I wouldn’t be talking to you, would I?” And without waiting for my answer, she asked, “Can we be friends?”

It was another shocker. I looked at her, “Are you serious?”

“I don’t look like I am joking, do I?” she said without waiting for an answer again, she continued, “You look like something is bothering you, can you share it?”

I looked at her. Was my worry that visible? I looked away, “Its personal. I don’t want to talk about it.”

She didn’t stop asking, “A problem shared is half-solved. Come on, what is the problem? I’m willing to listen.” She looked at Dave on the field, “Is it him? Or family problems?”

“Is it possible to have sex just once and not get pregnant?” I blurted and immediately wanted to slap my mouth. What if she went around telling other people. We weren’t even friends.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/06/11/love-and-lies-part-3/

(1) (Reply)

Read My Book"yes You! Self Motivation Begins With You! / The Night It Happened Part Ii / Colorless Rainbow - Episode 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.