Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,662 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Evolution 101 - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution 101 (14906 Views)

101 Scientific Facts In The Bible With Bible Passages To Back It It Up / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Can Evolution Produce An Eye? Not A Chance! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution 101 by hakeem4(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Who sold you the lie that dinosaurs weren't saved by Noah's Ark? undecided
grin this dude are you actually serious ? Cause Noah’s ark isn’t big enough to carry half of all species on earth

1 Like

Re: Evolution 101 by budaatum: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:
grin this dude are you actually serious ? Cause Noah’s ark isn’t big enough to carry half of all species on earth
Lol cheesy
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:

How large was Noah's Ark? undecided
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2019
LordReed:

Hahahahaha. There are more than 1 million animals and insect species in this world and you want us to believe Noah's boat that is not up to half of the Titanic carried 2million animals and insects plus dinosaurs plus human plus all the food they'd need for 1 year? LMFAO!

Who said species and insects were invited into the Ark? There is a clear difference between 'kinds' and 'species', animals and insects. cool
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Who said species and insects were invited into the Ark? There is a clear difference between 'kinds' and 'species', animals and insects. cool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I will indulge your equivocation. How many "kinds" of animal and insects are there? How many "kinds" of dinosaur entered the ark? LMFAO!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
LordReed:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I will indulge your equivocation. How many "kinds" of animal and insects are there? How many "kinds" of dinosaur entered the ark? LMFAO!

You have to convince me that you know the meaning of the word 'kinds' before I answer that question. cool
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You have to convince me that you know the meaning of the word 'kinds' before I answer that question. cool

LMFAO! how can I convince you of your imaginary kinds? LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
So it seems olaadegbu is using the baraminology argument. Lmfao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by hakeem4(m): 12:27am On Jun 20, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

How large was Noah's Ark? undecided
In the Bible, God commands Noah to build a boat that is 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high in advance of a great flood.

Now the question you should ask yourself is how many species of living things do we have?

Secondly is this Noah story really true?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evolution 101 by budaatum: 12:32am On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:
In the Bible, God commands Noah to build a boat that is 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30 cubits high in advance of a great flood.

Now the question you should ask yourself is how many species of living things do we have?

I grin grin grin when you asked if he was serious.
I thought, are you serious! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Evolution 101 by RuthlessLeader(m): 12:40am On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:

He should also ask himself about the space that would be available for their food, and their waste products.
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03am On Jun 20, 2019
LordReed:

LMFAO! how can I convince you of your imaginary kinds? LMFAO!

So that is dead on arrival. cool
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09am On Jun 20, 2019
RuthlessLeader:

So it seems olaadegbu is using the baraminology argument. Lmfao

You almost saw the light. cheesy
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14am On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:

Species is a man-made classification God created them in 'Kinds' and Noah's Ark is an historical event.

Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 2:18am On Jun 20, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

So that is dead on arrival. cool

Actually it's just a display of your dishonesty and disingenuousness. LMFAO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 5:34am On Jun 20, 2019
LordReed:

Hahahahaha. There are more than 1 million animals and insect species in this world and you want us to believe Noah's boat that is not up to half of the Titanic carried 2million animals and insects plus dinosaurs plus human plus all the food they'd need for 1 year? LMFAO!
You are only talking about animals, what of plants species and even fungi. There are close to 400,000 plant species in the world. How did Noah preserve the plants?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Evolution 101 by hakeem4(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Species is a man-made classification God created them in 'Kinds' and Noah's Ark is an historical event.
species is a group of closely related organisms that are very similar to each other and are usually capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.
Asian elephant and African elephants are different species. While donkey and horse are of the same species.

Kind is an ambiguous term.

But even if he took few animals the size of his ship is too small that it would fail. While the amount of water required to fill the earth to the highest point is not possible.

Except if the flood took place in only Noah’s country
Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2019
How many mice entered the ark and how many left a year later? If one couple of mice enter your house, in a year you will have millions, as one female mouse is able to birth an average of 8 children every 6 weeks.
Not forgetting that insect produce thousands of eggs at a time.

This issue applies to all animals, chicken, reptiles, etc.

Maybe Noah sterilised all the animals.

What about the housefly and numerous insects that have relatively short life span? How were they able to survive for a year.

Another problem with the Noah myth is the Kangaroo problem. How did kangaroos and other animals unique to Australia make it to Australia within 6000 years without leaving a trace along the way. Australia are isolated from any other land. Same problem with Madagascar. Most of the animals in Madagascar is unique to the island, and there is no way, animals could migrate from the middle east to Madagascar without flying there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 7:20am On Jun 20, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

At least species has a definition every one understands, what is the definition of kinds? Is penguins and ostrichs the same kind? What of gorillas and orangutans?
Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2019
wirinet:

You are only talking about animals, what of plants species and even fungi. There are close to 400,000 plant species in the world. How did Noah preserve the plants?

LMFAO! The story is truly messed up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by LordReed(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:
species is a group of closely related organisms that are very similar to each other and are usually capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.
Asian elephant and African elephants are different species. While donkey and horse are of the same species.

But even if he took few animals the size of his ship is too small that it would fail. While the amount of water required to fill the earth to the highest point is not possible.

Even a local flood would not cover the highest mountains like the story records.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evolution 101 by TV01(m): 10:49am On Jun 20, 2019
wirinet:

Flesh only bro'.

Genesis 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ark to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female. 20 Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground, according to its kind, two of every sort shall come in to you to keep them alive.

hakeem4:

Elephants belong to the same kind. Horses, Donkeys, Zebras etc. are also a kind. The elephant kind would have given rise to African, Asian, Woolly mammoth and any other type of elephant kind that came into being. The animals needn't be mature or even post pubescent.

God formed the world "in and out of the waters. There is still water above and below the earth. The windows of heaven were opened and the waters of the deep released. Look up, why is the sky blue?

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

TV
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2019
wirinet:

At least species has a definition every one understands, what is the definition of kinds? Is penguins and ostrichs the same kind? What of gorillas and orangutans?

Family. Have you heard of mankind before? undecided
Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Family. Have you heard of mankind before? undecided
Family as defined biologically or socially?

mankind - The human race : the totality of human beings.
Now, how does this relate to monkeykind, Gorillakind, birdkind, Whalekind, dolphinkind, sharkkind, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by hakeem4(m): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
TV01:
Flesh only bro'.

Genesis 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, you shall bring two of every sort into the ark to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female. 20 Of the birds according to their kinds, and of the animals according to their kinds, of every creeping thing of the ground, according to its kind, two of every sort shall come in to you to keep them alive.

Elephants belong to the same kind. Horses, Donkeys, Zebras etc. are also a kind. The elephant kind would have given rise to African, Asian, Woolly mammoth and any other type of elephant kind that came into being. The animals needn't be mature or even post pubescent.

God formed the world "in and out of the waters. There is still water above and below the earth. The windows of heaven were opened and the waters of the deep released. Look up, why is the sky blue?

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

TV
really? Do you know the amount of what it would require to fill the earth to the topmost part ( Mount Everest) ? I know you know this story is a myth but you’re just trying to be dishonest here.
Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
TV01:
Flesh only bro'.

So how many kinds of birds and how many kinds of animals are there according to your classification of kinds? Are Ostrich, dove, sparrow, chicken, Turkey the same kind or different kinds of birds? What of Dogs, are wolves, foxes and jackals the same kind or different kinds? What of hyenas?
Also tell me is Bonobos, chimpanzees, orangutans and gorillas are same or different kinds with humans. You guys need to publish your classification of kinds, so others can understand.

What of camels llamas and giraffes are they the same kind with horses? Then there are bison, African buffalo, water buffalo, antelopes, wildebeest, impala, gazelles, sheep, goats, muskoxen, and domestic cattle are they all the same kind?
As I said provide a well written journal of your classification according to kinds.

That is written above is absolutely nonsense. It looks like something a schizophrenic would write. Anyway, you guys already say, that a holy spirit is required to understand such rubbish.
Now interprete these tautologies;
God formed the world "in and out of the waters - Does this mean the earth is formed inside water and out of water?

There is still water above and below the earth - What is meant by above and below the earth? Does that include space?

windows of heaven were opened and the waters of the deep released - windows where?

Look up, why is the sky blue? - We all know why the sky is blue and sometimes orange and even red.

TV

Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
TV01:
Flesh only bro'.

TV

So what happened to plants. Plants do drown also if submerged in water for prolonged periods.
If all the plants die, what did the animals and Noah's family eat when the left the ark?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution 101 by TV01(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:
really? Do you know the amount of what it would require to fill the earth to the topmost part ( Mount Everest) ? I know you know this story is a myth but you’re just trying to be dishonest here.
I have absolutely no idea how much water it would take to flood the earth such that the highest point at that time - or any time - would be covered.

The earth would have been vastly different at that time. Climate, topography the works. Don't forget according to the biblical account rain wasn't even a thing. The Earth was like a perfectly configured biosphere.

Myth? In as much as myth is often taken to read fable, no I don't. I believe that it is absolute truth. The earth was covered until all that had breath died. And it was a global flood.

I am being "deluged" with questions, any takers for the one I raised? grin

Cheers
TV
Re: Evolution 101 by TV01(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
wirinet:
So how many kinds of birds and how many kinds of animals are there according to your classification of kinds? Are Ostrich, dove, sparrow, chicken, Turkey the same kind or different kinds of birds? What of Dogs, are wolves, foxes and jackals the same kind or different kinds? What of hyenas?

Also tell me is Bonobos, chimpanzees, orangutans and gorillas are same or different kinds with humans. You guys need to publish your classification of kinds, so others can understand.
Dogs are a good example, as are cats. All dogs including wolves, jackals, coyotes etc. would have been a kind. What is commonly termed speciation today is the loss over time of information the original near-perfect pair would have had in localised populations, as certain features are de-emphasised or emphasised, various traits become more pronounced or recessive.

Humans are uniquely created in the image of God. And in some ways are a good example. Adam and Eve would have hade a perfect genome, containing traits we see in what are termed the "races" today (although through the descendants of Noah).

Over time, some traits would become more or less pronounced as populations diverge and localise. It evidences genetic information being lost or becoming recessive, as opposed to the acquisition of new information that proponents of evolution are yet to evidence.

wirinet:
What of camels llamas and giraffes are they the same kind with horses? Then there are bison, African buffalo, water buffalo, antelopes, wildebeest, impala, gazelles, sheep, goats, muskoxen, and domestic cattle are they all the same kind?
As I said provide a well written journal of your classification according to kinds.
I hope the above speaks to this.

wirinet:
That is written above is absolutely nonsense. It looks like something a schizophrenic would write. Anyway, you guys already say, that a holy spirit is required to understand such rubbish.
it marries with what we can glean from the historical record. It takes greater faith to believe evolution.

Now interprete these tautologies;
God formed the world "in and out of the waters - Does this mean the earth is formed inside water and out of water?

There is still water above and below the earth - What is meant by above and below the earth? Does that include space?

windows of heaven were opened and the waters of the deep released - windows where?

Look up, why is the sky blue? - We all know why the sky is blue and sometimes orange and even red.
There is no space - not in the way it is typically presented in movies. There is water above and below the earth. Above the firmament of heaven and in the "deep".

wirinet:
Nonsense.
Graciás grin

I am being "deluged" with questions, yet no-one has answered the single one I raised? grin

TV

Re: Evolution 101 by TV01(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
wirinet:
So what happened to plants. Plants do drown also if submerged in water for prolonged periods.
If all the plants die, what did the animals and Noah's family eat when the left the ark?
I suppose not all would die. And there would be seeds. The waters receded gradually after the flood which would have given others time to sprout again. On-board food stores would have sufficed for a time.

I am being "deluged" with questions, yet to hear back on the single one I asked? grin

Cheers
TV
Re: Evolution 101 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
hakeem4:

How large was Noah's Ark?

Re: Evolution 101 by wirinet(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
TV01:
Dogs are a good example, as are cats. All dogs including wolves, jackals, coyotes etc. would have been a kind. What is commonly termed speciation today is the loss over time of information the original near-perfect pair would have had in localised populations, as certain features are de-emphasised or emphasised, various traits become more pronounced or recessive.

Humans are uniquely created in the image of God. And in some ways are a good example. Adam and Eve would have hade a perfect genome, containing traits we see in what are termed the "races" today (although through the descendants of Noah).

Over time, some traits would become more or less pronounced as populations diverge and localise. It evidences genetic information being lost or becoming recessive, as opposed to the acquisition of new information that proponents of evolution are yet to evidence.

I hope the above speaks to this.

There is no space - not in the way it is typically presented in movies. There is water above and below the earth. Above the firmament of heaven and in the "deep".

Graciás grin

I am being "deluged" with questions, yet no-one has answered the single one I raised? grin

TV

You are yet to provide a concise classification mythology for your "Kind".
The first problem with your examples of kind is that inter breeding is impossible between your kind, as a cheetah cannot breed with a lion.

Now how does your cat "kind" differ from the ape "kind"?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? / The Dark Knight Shooting -satanic Influence Of The Joker / Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.