Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly (32704 Views)

Buhari, APC Keep Mum As Gbajabiamila Is Enmeshed In US Fraud Scam / Gbajabiamila Is On Course To Become Speaker - Tunji-ojo, Reps-elect Chairman / Prominent Senators Who May Not Return In 2019, 9th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by hammerFC: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
AND WAT NEXT?

SIT IN THE CHAIR AND CARRY HAMMER FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS WITH NOTHING TO SHOW BUT LOOT.

AFTER THIS NEXT 4 YEARS, NOBODY WILL EVEN REMEMBER HE WAS EVER SPEAKER.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by chydozane(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
Congrats FEMI we will learn how to pronounce your surname letter
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by iammo(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
FriendNG:
Now we will accept no excuse that the leadership of the national assembly are the 1s stopping Buhari from working.

Middle belt, hon.bago supporter spotted
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The government has no reason fo complain. They have the arms of government and the blame will totally rest on them.

I find it hard to understand the rationale behind the huge enthusiasm our young men display for incompetence and mediocrity. Accepting the status quo of failure, willing to garbage their future on politcal sentiments. It has left me bewildered and cement my opinions on our youths. A bunch of docile boys who have so stayed long in the corridors of mental slavery they would remain than walk to freedom.

Richdad

Nonsense. You were jubilating 4 years ago. Now you are bewildered because things didn't go as expected. You can go and huge transformer...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by livelymatilda22: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The government has no reason fo complain. They have the arms of government and the blame will totally rest on them.

I find it hard to understand the rationale behind the huge enthusiasm our young men display for incompetence and mediocrity. Accepting the status quo of failure, willing to garbage their future on politcal sentiments. It has left me bewildered and cement my opinions on our youths. A bunch who have so stayed long in the corridors of mental slavery they would rather remain than walk to freedom.

Richdad
Wailing zombie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by descoay(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
Tinubu is now the most powerful politician in Nigeria today with the turn of events. He nominated the vice president, senate president and the speaker of the house of representatives. All politicians in the country will now be paying homage to him in order to be relevant politically. 2023 will be very interesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by DoTheNeedful: 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
Odingo1:
So Muslims are now occupying all positions.

Speaker and deputy speaker are mulims, Executive arm are muslims. Nawaoooo.

If it was the other way round Muric and muslims will threaten hell.

And the Bago and Ndume you supported are Christians right? Hypocrite!!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by uthlaw: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
Corrosiveman:
Tinibu slave
who is slaving you or you just useless for nothing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by sarrki(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
DoTheNeedful:

Abeg yearn am d koko

Am a Christian

I support them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by NybenSBF101(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2019
sarrki:
Femo congratulations

I hate you so much
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Tajmahal1000: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
Femi Gbajabiamila 284 votes, PDP-supported Umar Bago, a paltry 76 votes.

Utter humiliation!

Now, arrogant Dogara’s ability to talk on the floor of the House of Representatives will be at the mercy of Femi Gbajabiamila’s gavel! Karma!

Ntoor!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Seun360(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
Where is TonyeBarcanista?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Foodforthought: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
BabaO2:
Pdp will still say the election was rigged because of the presence of APC governors in abuja.
APC and PDP are not enemies, they're are friends. They all have same interests... to feed large on the destiny of a nation already on life support. The victims here are just the poor masses who are being divide and used against each other, refusing to see the whole game plan. I wish Nigerian youths could reason to come together with one voice and demand a real change.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by oruma19: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
DoTheNeedful:
Some people will not sleep tonight. grin grin grin

Destiny can only be delayed, it can't be denied.

I remember 4 years ago how some of the Wailers were running their mouths anyhow screaming about how Tinubu was beaten in Abuja chess-play when it was obvious that there was a gang up against party nominees then.

By the way, that Bago should be completely ostracized in the house. He is a rebel. By any measure, Femi is better qualified. He is the most experienced in the house, he is been the minority and majority leader. He lost only by 6 votes the last time. Bago should have conceded the position for him.

The party should not forgive Bago and Ndume.

He who laugh last laughs best. grin grin grin grin
u made sense but ur summary is that of unforgiving spirit in display. We need unity now that everything is settled. Ndume and Bago are capable hands, they are very useful to the apc, Let's forge ahead bro, Nigeria must make progress this time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by sarrki(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
NybenSBF101:

I hate you so much

I love you so much

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by linohlex: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
Well, the APC have gotten there wish, i hope it will translate to good governance
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by wolexter(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
Where are those who swore and cursed Lawan and Gbaja will not emerge? Ati una dey see as God dey do e tin?
Having SP and speaker who will align with d president on good policies is a win for Nigeria, no matter what naysayers say, and it is the practice every where. That they both have the president's support to clinch the position does not make them rubber stamp as haters tried to make us believe . Time for naija to arrange, finally. Let's go!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by aljharem(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
NybenSBF101:

I hate you so much
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by sarrki(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
Seun360:
Where is TonyeBarcanista?

Observing from angle

Where is that engineerboat abi nah engineercanoe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by aljharem(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
sankout:

Big time
I respect them once again
I watch the stuff live and I feel like crying

I am so so proud to be a Yoruba man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Odingo1: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
DoTheNeedful:

I did not support anyone, it the duty of APC as ruling party to balance the equation the way PDP had been doing it in the spirit of fairness, inclusiveness and equity. Nigeria is a country divided along ethnic and religious lines, if this were other way round that Christians occupy all post in Nigeria, Muslims will not take it likely and MURIC will be shouting by now.

President- Muslim

Senate President-Muslim

Speaker- Muslim

Chief Justice -Muslim

Attorney General-Muslim

Army Chiefs- Muslims

Police Chiefs-Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by jrusky(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
Didn't I said it that in as far Femi is his party choice all mouse as per one nonsense US fraud will hold no ground and a guy quoted me and insulted me but now who is the winner?

I'm not against any of the 2 guys heading both chambers but for some people raising some unfounded allegation as a mean to pull them down can't work. And the truth is when PDP was in power they controlled both house so I don't see any big deal seen these happening at all.

I know some will still insult me for saying this but I don't give a f u c k I'm not here to talk silly or think stupid on what I know can't be change.

I don't deceive myself apc has clear majority at the moment, the presidency is on their side for now until supreme court kick Mr fake integrity out of power so the game on ground right now it's one of those things.

Mind you I'm not apc and will never be for any reason but truth remain truth. But on presidency stand I'm with Atiku because the last election was a disgrace to humanity and I don't care who emerge victory at the tribunal my joy is at least in Nigeria current democratic dispensation a presidential election was challenged to tell these apc everyone are NOT zombie that is all.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
descoay:
Tinubu is now the most powerful politician in Nigeria today with the turn of events. He nominated the vice president, senate president and the speaker of the house of representatives. All politicians in the country will now be paying homage to him in order to be relevant politically. 2023 will be very interesting.

Like I have told the PDP supporters at work for the past 2 years, after Buhari, Tinubu is the most powerful politician in Nigeria. Even if he goes down tomorrow morning, he would leave a legacy of ballsy moves that a lot of politicians would struggle to attain for many years to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by NkayStory(f): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
aljharem:
Congrats yorubas. Once again yorubas are teaching Igbos how to pay politics

Which politics and what has it done for yorubas in general?

Were you amongst the PDP Senators who collected Ghana-must-go bags to vote Lawan and Gbaja?..No

Will these so-called elections improve the lives of the poverty-striken yorubas as opposed to Igbos?..NO

Always blabbing and boasting even in your tattered second-hand clothes and worn-out shoes.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by tuniski: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila. We are hopeful that he will bring his wealth of experience as floor member, minority leader, and majority leader to bear in piloting the affairs of the house. Truly, perseverance pays. Destiny can only be delayed, it can never be changed.

Where is people like Tonyebarcanista, Tuniski, Pachukwudi44 and other wailers who swore that Femi can never be speaker? Well, you wailers are not God. Femi is now speaker and he will preside over the affairs of the house for the 4 years. Ntoooor � to you guys.

Congratz to femi and now no more excuses nor blame game buhari/apc have their rubber stamp NASS.

By the way, Congratz to you too as you assume your office as Speaker Gbaja's legislative aide.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
tobtap:
congratulations to femi... hope NASS wont become a rubberstamp to the executive...

It will
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by SirBunky85(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
ryloy:
Tinubu on the beat ...wailers over to you
if the bihari cabal had allowed Tinubu to handle the 2015 nass election,saraki and co wouldn't have pulled such mischief.thank goodness pmb has learnt his lessons by allowing Tinubu to be the arrow head dis time around and the difference can be seen by all.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by deomelo: 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by simplesearch: 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2019
What is funny Akintola saying about this...
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by BaaleOko: 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
NkayStory:

Which politics and what has it done for yorubas in general?

Were you amongst the PDP Senators who collected Ghana-must-go bags to vote Lawan and Gbaja?..No

Will these so-called elections improve the lives of the poverty-striken yorubas as opposed to Igbos?..NO

Always blabbing and boasting even in your tattered second-hand clothes and worn-out shoes.
Na una even get time to reply those idiots, Las las they will end up begging one or two Igbo boys secretly online to loan them money to feed or cloth... there are 3 of them(ethnic champions who thought I wouldn't know their Identity) currently begging me for money on the employment section(good thing I'm classy enough not to expose them), even though I ain't giving them SH*T.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila Is Now The New Speaker Of The 9th Assembly by Pitto: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Please has that guy that said if Gbajabiamila wins he will on exile, has he gone or still packing his things.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Attack On Edwin Clark: Don’t Jeopardize Igbo Relationships, Ohanaeze Warns IPOB / Femi Adesina: I Stopped Attending A Church Because Pastor Always Attacked Buhari / Giadom: A Fresh Primary Will Be Conducted In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.