Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo (35370 Views)

Buhari Driving Nigeria Towards Economic Collapse: Pastor Adeboye / Rare Footage Of Biafran Forces Driving Nigeria Army And Vandals Out Of Owerri / Grazing Routes: FG Driving Nigeria To Anarchy - Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by bangbangall: 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Correctgist:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that the President Buhari-led government is driving Nigeria towards “disaster and instability”.

Obasanjo said this in an exclusive interview with Premium Times at his Ibogun Olaogun ancestral home in Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State, last month.

The former president fell apart with Buhari ahead of the 2019 general elections and endorsed the president’s closest rival and his estranged vice president, Atiku Abubakar.

Speaking during the interview, Obasanjo noted that although the country has made considerable progress since the new dispensation began in 1999, the pace at which it is currently moving shows the nation may be inching towards disaster and instability.

“I think we have no choice but to be on the path for sustainable development. The progress we are making may be questionable Is it fast enough? Is it steady enough? Is it stable enough? Are we taking two steps forward and one step back or one step side-way?
You can question that, but we have no choice but to be on (the) path for sustainable development. Any other thing will be a disaster. In fact, the pace at which we are going now is tending more and more toward disaster and instability and unsustainability.

No Confidence in the Economy’ The former president argued that there is no confidence in the Nigerian economy today. Rather, he said, the gains recorded in the past have been frittered away over the years.

Speaking on what went wrong, the former president explained that Nigeria has failed to do what is right to instill confidence in domestic and foreign investors. The ripple effect of the nation’s indecision, he said, manifests in the state of the economy. Nigeria slipped into recession in 2016 after several contractions in the economy, amidst an unstable naira and rising inflation rates. By the second quarter of 2017, the nation slipped out of recession. Although the government claims that the nation has been put on the path of sustainable growth, unemployment figures have also ballooned within the period.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/buharis-government-is-driving-nigeria-towards-disaster-and-instability-obasanjo/

OBJ always see ahead...

Nigerians should be prepared and ready especially the Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by lexy2014: 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
maasoap:

I said that there is no need because it is a waste of time. I know people like you.

D fact that u no people like me shows that at least u no something. That's impressive. That's very good. But I don't c how ur knowing people like me prevents u from showcasing other things that u no.

If it was a waste of time, then y did u respond 2d first comment I made? Was that also a waste of time? But pls check this out

maasoap:

Do I need to mention that of Buhari to you?

U actually offered 2 answer d questions. So am I quite surprised that now u are saying there is no need& that its a waste of time. Aren't u a man of ur word or u didn't think about it b4 u said it? Or should I say maybe u don't no what 2 say? Don't u have d answers 2d questions I asked?

By d way, what kind of people are like me that u say u no?
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Getdowntobiznes: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
simonlee:
My mind is telling me that OBJ is only jealous of Tinubu. All of this his ranting at Buhari is mere transfer of aggression
This kids look like FFK abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by bigpicture001: 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
maasoap:

If you are still questioning all the three points he mentioned, not even questioning one or two but three, it means there is no difference between you and the bitter old fool.
Anyone trying to explain anything to you is just wasting his time.
Let me give you this: Obasanjo spent 8 years in power, he introduced Poverty Alleviation Programme (PAP) in 2000 and stopped it in 2001. That was all he did. Do I need to mention that of Buhari to you?

I was reading tru jejely until i came upon ur rather uninformed piece....now read carfully?

Obj...collapsed naija's 98 banks to stronger 25..which ended up expanding by branches by 15 fold across the country...there was a bank employment revolution....

The keke napep u know 2day wss introduced federally by OBJ as a form of poverty alleviation.....

Obj singlehandedly reversed the cement bagaging process by WAPCO , dangote, ibeto and co. To a real crment manufacturers which created over a 300 direct and indirect jobs....

Lets nit talk about telecom.nd the employment it created

Obj liceneced private varsities, radio stations, t.v stations...across the countrt and we mived from about 41 tv stations and 43 radio stations to over 300 during his tenur...solid jobs...

Plz the pages will full up if i continue to list....if you want to hate OBJ cuz he is ugly, ur free but never say things u dont know about!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Ojetayo17(m): 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
Lover of Buhari. Pray for buhari please.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
FuckDaMods:
Very obvious
But these nairaland zombies wants to keep forcing nonsense down the throat of sensible humans here.
Just a matter of little time and everything will explode, just watch.

The zombies on NL, their brains have been turned upside down. They are never objective; instead of looking at the points raised, they keep attacking the person.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by gloryworld(f): 11:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Organs(m): 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
How on earth can we have president, and vice president. Senate president, speaker of house of reps ,all from the two ruling regions,when we have Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa.

Cos the Easterners called APC Islamic party and "islamic party" is in charge. They will cause all the wahala and they will blame and point fingers at others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by frowland(m): 11:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
tsfisheriesm:
How on earth can we have president, and vice president. Senate president, speaker of house of reps ,all from the two ruling regions,when we have Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa.
Go and seat down somewhere. They will take senate president and dash you?
No be una vote out APC senators in Imo state?
No be una dey clap hand up and down when the court nullified APC senators in Rivers? So how will the Igbo's get to position of authority without first earning it? Abeg clear for road with this petty sentiment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Brightest04(m): 12:23am On Jun 12, 2019
Someone have to tell this man OBJ to let the current government be.To me if Nigerians needs to stone the leaders dead he would be first to be stoned to death.The only legacy he left behind if the truth must be said was massive corruption which is today hunting the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by OKYEBOS: 12:32am On Jun 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:

Igbos have said it repeatedly that they aren't interested in anything from APC and don't want to have anything to do with APC. Why are you now asking yeye questions. The SS has taken the position. Shebi you guys usually say the SE and SS are one.

Besides, stop crying that a SS man beat a SE man. The SE contested and lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by OKYEBOS: 12:34am On Jun 12, 2019
bigpicture001:

I was reading tru jejely until i came upon ur rather uninformed piece....now read carfully?

Obj...collapsed naija's 98 banks to stronger 25..which ended up expanding by branches by 15 fold across the country...there was a bank employment revolution....

The keke napep u know 2day wss introduced federally by OBJ as a form of poverty alleviation.....

Obj singlehandedly reversed the cement bagaging process by WAPCO , dangote, ibeto and co. To a real crment manufacturers which created over a 300 direct and indirect jobs....

Lets nit talk about telecom.nd the employment it created

Obj liceneced private varsities, radio stations, t.v stations...across the countrt and we mived from about 41 tv stations and 43 radio stations to over 300 during his tenur...solid jobs...

Plz the pages will full up if i continue to list....if you want to hate OBJ cuz he is ugly, ur free but never say things u dont know about!

The word Keke Napep was introduced by Magnus Kpakol under OBJ but tricycles were introduced into Naija by Gen. Buba Marwa while OBJ was still in prison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by bigpicture001: 12:38am On Jun 12, 2019
OKYEBOS:

The word Keke Napep was introduced by Magnus Kpakol under OBJ but tricycles were introduced into Naija by Gen. Buba Marwa while OBJ was still in prison.

Did buba make it a federal thing..No! Obj did tru NAPEP programme introduced by magnus kpakol
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by OKYEBOS: 12:52am On Jun 12, 2019
bigpicture001:

Did buba make it a federal thing..No! Obj did tru NAPEP programme introduced by magnus kpakol

Keke Napep is what tricycles are commonly referred to. While Obasanjo was still in prison, we were already riding Keke Marwa in Lagos. That's why in Lagos, it is referred to as Keke Marwa.

List Obasanjo's achievements in peace but don't make it look like Tricycles were not introduced into Nigeria by Obasanjo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Obeseke: 12:57am On Jun 12, 2019
Seun, why should you push this to the front page? We have no other country than Nigeria; we owe it a duty to protect her and keep the peace at all times. The writer is writing on an old incident quoting last month. We should avoid sensationalism that portends danger for our dear country please. This post can still be taken out or down please. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by ransomed: 1:24am On Jun 12, 2019
May the souls of Innocent peoples that Obasanjo killed at Odi and Zaki ibiam rest in peace. Amen. No peace for the wicked. So glad he has been retired and sent into oblivion politically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by sharpsecret: 1:35am On Jun 12, 2019
Jmk9292:
All of you are the same.. Though, with what is on ground it seems OBJ is a lesser � evil..
obasanjo is a coward,he knew buhari has bad intensions for christians yet he helped him to power thinking buhari will be loading his account,.he is only speaking up now not because he love nigeria but because buhari is not looking at him,.dem do yoruba?tinubu is close to buhari yet he coudnt talk to him to withdraw his fulani army(herdsmen)from the west,he only care about the bullion vans being delivered to him at the expense of his people,.buhari next four years will destroy nigeria and we'll achieve our biafra,.the baby dragon obasanjo and tinubu nurtured wil swallow them

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Aboki11(m): 1:52am On Jun 12, 2019
Baba! Baba!! Baba!!! How many times have I called you? you know say your matta don taya us? Buhari's government is giving us tough time we know, but there is nothing that has bad effect that does not also have good effect. Buhari must have done something good all this his regime as president, why don't you see those ones.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 12, 2019
Apologists of this regime said we should remain positive no matter what.

Yes, we should remain positive that we have added only 7 megawatts of electricity in 5 years, when we should ideally be adding 10,000 MW every year.

Yes, we should remain positive that hunters with fake guns are finally chasing kidnappers with AK47.

Yes we should remain positive that ultra-modern classroom blocks were built in Maiduguri, when the state is almost 90% illiterate.

We should remain positive that Customs is generating one kind amount like dat, when investors have withdrawn 1.8 trillion Naira from the economy.

Awon asinwin ni gbogbo won.

You only remain positive when your steps forward are not neutralised by reverse movement.

You cannot remain positive when you take one step forward and five steps backwards.

You cannot remain positive that you don’t have fever when meningitis is ravaging your body
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by correctyourself(m): 2:45am On Jun 12, 2019
landmark86:
Am getting 2 hate this man day to day.
Is he the only past living president in Nigeria?
Atleast we still have the likes of Gowon, Babagida, Shonekan & Abdulsalami, so what is Obasanjo's problem about Buhari?
Can we call this jealous?
Obasanjo brought us to wia we are today, the democracy corruption we experiencing today began with him.
Is beta this old man go sit down 4 one corner before he die of high BP.

Meanwhile, congratulation to our new elected senate president, deputy senate president & speaker of the house of Rep.

Helloooo, yes President Buhari's administratiin is doing positive in some aspect, but the negative once are more obvious which I thinks it may not be his making and it could be the handwork of his aides, for example while was open ballot system as decided by court , why did APC senators support it that it should be used today, why was it not used during the 2019 election. This is a clear situation where people are being pressurise.

What I can see is that politicians has highjacked this country, only time would tell if we would be able to bear what politicians are turning this country in to.

Maybe some of you don't understand what OBJ is saying, respect people like OBJ because we don't have much info about what is happening to us as a country, but our information of happenings in Nigeria its out there in other countries which are accessible to those who have the opportunity to be there. For example, when Nigerian government official travel abroad and interview was granted for what happened in Nigerian that was not made public, how would you haved known if not for the foreign media? So, OBJ is trying for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by doublecross(m): 2:52am On Jun 12, 2019
success1smyn:
NA TRUE NAO
though i dont like this man but he is telling the truth here. he seems to be much of a lesser devil compared to buhari.
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Bridget95(f): 2:53am On Jun 12, 2019
Organs:

Cos the Easterners called APC Islamic party and "islamic party" is in charge. They will cause all the wahala and they will blame and point fingers at others.
When OBJ a Christian was in charge there was equity and equal representation of all tribes now that Muslims are in charge there is a difference.
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Kenneth10110(m): 3:28am On Jun 12, 2019
post=79240646:
SAY NO MORE!!! wink

No long story to type...

This is our only reply to this words by OBJ....

SAY NO MORE!!! wink

80,000 likes .

Nairalanders, no kill us with likes biko!
Good to know we have many sane Nigerians that love our darling President and our country as much as we do, as well as Barbecue!
Thumbs up guys!
We dedicate all your likes to the best President in the history of Nigeria...PMB!!
A plate of Barbecue for y'all!

Best President in your house

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Jubiliee: 3:44am On Jun 12, 2019
Buying time and diverting his arrest. OBJ must be arrested. He must produce the $16B he spent on power

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Sunday40: 5:30am On Jun 12, 2019
Let us dance the new leader of the senate yet and see.
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by Mrukk: 5:41am On Jun 12, 2019
Oladelepsy001:
Baba, please behave like true elder statesman, this same message you came out publicly to say, can maturedly be passed across through the appropriate channels instead of trying to instigate matters that is capable of heating up the polity... Anyway, as for me and every well meaning Nigerians we shall not witness any disaster nor instability ...
Amin
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by orisa37: 5:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Nigeria is fast retrogressing. Every Standard is at variant with the Norm. Is this truely the meaning of Bokoharam, breaking up with Western Standards and adopting Arab's Norms? Osinbajo is a Niddle in a Hale-Sack. His I.G.R is causing multiple and illegal Taxation everywhere
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by shugabasbn: 6:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Actually Obj has every reasons to condemn PMB since Buhari can asked where is Power from his Oga at the top.

In a serious note Obj is right but my worried is that he didn't behaves like elderstateman, he's not suppose to ranting on air before u can talk to Buhari, I believed he has his number, he can enter Aso rock anytime he pleases, why not have a paddy paddy meeting with him in isolation

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by orisa37: 6:13am On Jun 12, 2019
Before Nigeria is completely fulanised, our existing 36 Constitutional States should assume full autonomy of Policing, Resourcing and Electioneering Responsibilities for themselves.
Re: Buhari's Government Is Driving Nigeria Towards Disaster & Instability — Obasanjo by asamaigho(m): 6:42am On Jun 12, 2019
tsfisheriesm:

and what about itsekiri,ijaw isoko urhobo,ukwani, edo,efik,edoma,tiv..et'al....
hausa,yoruba,ibo have always been the problem of this country,they are very selfish in nature,...plondering the resources of the nigerdelta and sharing it btw themselves....
The ibos are omly complaining because they have been sidelined by their 2brodaz....when d going was good with ekueme and shagari, we sisnt hear them complain.

ONCE AGAIN,THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS FROM THESE TRIO ETHNIC GROUP.
1. ONE IS VIOLENT(THEY USE STATE APPARATUS TO INTIMIDATE NIGERIAN THEY ARE AGAINST TRUE FEDERALUSM)
2. THE SECOND ONE IS A BETRAYER(THEY USE THE MEDIA FO SELFISH PURPOSE, GLORIFYING BLOCKHEAD PROFESSORS )
3.THE THIRD ONE IS A CHEAT,THEY WASTE OUR FOREIGN RESERVES TO IMPORT ALL SORT SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS. NOBODY PROSPERS IN THEIR REGION.

GOD SAVE US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Releases Detained IPOB Members / Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Indian Hospital Agrees To El-zakzaky’s Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.