Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari (23283 Views)

Oshiomhole Behind My Predicament - Rochas Okorocha After Meeting Buhari / NANS Leaders' Smile After Meeting Buhari, As PMB Speaks / Protesters Delayed Governor Yahaya Bello From Meeting Buhari In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
is it your rubber

Help me ask am o.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Bukden16(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2019
paulchineduN:
First, it was Jonathan and his cabinet, they went beyond that to blame it on past leaders, shifted to Saraki even when I know that Saraki-led Senate gave them almost whatever they wanted by approving every thing brought by the president to approve for them with the exception of Magu as the substantive EFCC chairman. And to further validate my claim that Saraki-led Senate gave them the support they needed, confirmation of Magu was stood down because of the report from DSS who happens to be an agent of the executive. So, how can anyone accuse the National Assembly of slowing the policies of the president.
However, thank God that their own man is now the Senate President. Let's see where the blame will be hinged on again.

You carry brain...

Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Dalby(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

All elective positions have been occupied but the Igbo tribe have found themselves empty without a single position in the helm of affairs. Wow! A massive blow but never a setback for a tribe that is known for doggedness, digging deep in troubled times only to rise above ashes.

Anytime in history where the Igbo tribe seemed to have been grossly maligned, marginalized, and mocked, they have, as individuals, and collectively as a people, become richer, expand businesses, and proved beyond measure an adage that they are survivalist.

For the record, I am not igbo but I have never seen a people who have lived without the imprint governance for generations.

Richdad
Who did they vote for, Always their over sense like the proverbial dog in the patient dog eats the fattest bone...
Always thinking there is a bone left that is the fattest, till they turn the pot upside down say bone don finish grin grin grin

You guys should always read the hand writing on the wall, you can never eat your cake and still have it...

1 Like

Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by jadeliyi(m): 7:46am On Jun 12, 2019
hush15:

All hail the rubber stamp senate. oya now, let the trillions start rolling in. The way budget padding go be ehn, nigeria is about to be milked dry.
but can you pls clerify the meaning of budget padding because i dont seam to understand it.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Richdad50(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2019
Never refer to me as 'you guys'. You can say that your little peers.
Dalby:

Who did they vote for, Always their over sense like the proverbial dog in the patient dog eats the fattest bone...
Always thinking there is a bone left that is the fattest, till they turn the pot upside down say bone don finish grin grin grin

You guys should always read the hand writing on the wall, you can never eat your cake and still have it...
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by grtfem: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

All elective positions have been occupied but the Igbo tribe have found themselves empty without a single position in the helm of affairs. Wow! A massive blow but never a setback for a tribe that is known for doggedness, digging deep in troubled times only to rise above ashes.

Anytime in history where the Igbo tribe seemed to have been grossly maligned, marginalized, and mocked, they have, as individuals, and collectively as a people, become richer, expand businesses, and proved beyond measure an adage that they are survivalist.

For the record, I am not igbo but I have never seen a people who have lived without the imprint governance for generations.

Richdad
What do you expect? when a group of people cannot make friends, but keep seeing some other groups as enemies and saboteurs even after more than 30 years after the civil war ended, assuming in the real sense of the word, they were sabotaged, offended, back stabbed as they want to make us believe, 30 years is not long enough for forgiveness for a people that are predominantly Christians, if they cannot rethink and stretch hands of fellowship to other groups in the southern region, then they will continue to have this experience.

2 Likes

Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by modupe2: 7:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Rubber Stamp NASS completely loaded
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by IMASTEX: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2019
GoldChest:
This one will be the worst senate president in Nigeria history .
As expected from an errand man
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by safetyInspector(m): 7:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Hope it will make you richer. Four years has gone and you are still on Internet looking for whom to laugh at and the elites and their children are cruising on 50 million Naira power bike.
NgeneUkwenu:
See the number of ipob yoots wailing above... grin grin

Abeg Abalion bring buckets let's gather their painful tears..
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 12, 2019
paulchineduN:
First, it was Jonathan and his cabinet, they went beyond that to blame it on past leaders, shifted to Saraki even when I know that Saraki-led Senate gave them almost whatever they wanted by approving every thing brought by the president to approve for them with the exception of Magu as the substantive EFCC chairman. And to further validate my claim that Saraki-led Senate gave them the support they needed, confirmation of Magu was stood down because of the report from DSS who happens to be an agent of the executive. So, how can anyone accuse the National Assembly of slowing the policies of the president.
However, thank God that their own man is now the Senate President. Let's see where the blame will be hinged on again.
lol wen was 2017 budget passed. How many figures wer added by saraki led government unbehalf or the legislative. The budget was passed so late buhari had no choice than to sign it.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by akdjr(m): 8:07am On Jun 12, 2019
E get as una life be I swear! The same Ndume that you guys were pointing accusing finger at of sponsoring BH is same person you guys suddenly turn around to be supporting. quote author=SadiqBabaSani post=79248005]Rubber stamp Senate president[/quote]
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by badlaw(f): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2019
No more excuses
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by akin9ja78(m): 8:11am On Jun 12, 2019
Just make Nigeria a better place to be
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by philoedu(m): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2019
Yes, it is unfortunate that Nigeria politics is without Ideology,and does not seems to put into consideration what I may call the humanity aspect in everything it does.

I said this simply, because it is not supposed to be about north east divide politics rather, it is supposed to be about the people of Nigerian in respective of class or creed. But unfortunately, what we seems to see is all about abuse and misuse of "letters" or misinterpretation, instead, if you like, as read in the National anthem. I am not an Igbo, but the idea of not considering the Igbo in the scheme of Nigeria politics, do not seems to really make one feel ok.

The reason is clear, that often they speak about " rotation and character" in the constitution, but it does not often play out that way in reality. Rather, what we see is often politics of individuality and not collective or about people.

I think we should love our self and love Nigeria and read our history to stair the cause of Nigeria politics instead of been so passive and inconsiderate because Nigeria is a great Nation whether anybody like it or not.
My congratulation to the current senate president and all his followers.

1 Like

Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by paulchineduN(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2019
Ray97:
lol wen was 2017 budget passed. How many figures wer added by saraki led government unbehalf or the legislative. The budget was passed so late buhari had no choice than to sign it.

What drives most of us sometimes is sentiments and our inability to be acquainted with knowledge with what is going on in our political space. Do u know how many times the MDAs were invited to come and defend their budgets? Don't u know that it's the statutory right of the National Assembly to make some inputs in the budget? Forget the demonization by the executive, they are looking for to make a scapegoat for non performance.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by SirBunky85(m): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2019
paulchineduN:
inside of u,ur wish is for this govt not to be successful but God pass una all
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by olagbola45(m): 8:49am On Jun 12, 2019
straighttalk:
IPOB Spotted
South East political bigotry will take them nowhere

toyo comma help me o dey call me ipob oooo
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by tohyorsih(f): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2019
straighttalk:
IPOB Spotted

South East political bigotry will take them nowhere

He's not an IPOB..He's a yoruba to the core cool
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by vikstandon(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2019
Those who think others have been given a heart attack...Sorry!! We are in this together.
Your Wailing would soon reach a high pitch.
We are still surviving...your morning might be in the hot afternoon! I can't detect if it would be good!

It is stupidity to think only a section of the country suffers the heat... Some have learnt to navigate through the tides... Some are yet to know there is a shift in life, no wonder the records of suicide!

To all who think death is an escape route...please don't contemplate Suicide.

NIGERIA is OURS!!... My Only Change in Position would be Canada. But I would still have Nigeria to turn to for Family sake.
So we have so many things at stake here...let's think to make it right and working... Young Generation!!
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Obakakun: 8:57am On Jun 12, 2019
Congratulations to all elected.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by BuhariAdvocate: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2019
Good I hope you fulfill your promises.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by olagbola45(m): 9:05am On Jun 12, 2019
tohyorsih:

He's not an IPOB..He's a yoruba to the core cool

thank you oooo iyawo mi....
ku agbale mi o
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Housing(m): 9:10am On Jun 12, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

No tribe in Nigeria would have survived a war fought on all its soil (not part) for 3 full years, nor any had lived through the depression of having all their wealth (pre-war) confiscated only to be given 20pounds after. No one! Nevertheless, they grew from the shadows of destruction, closed all IDPs, and sank the shame of defeat. Like a broken man without a deferred spirit, they became prosperous even more than the lands that never saw war. What an astonishing feat. History will never forget.

Richdad

The emotional blackmail doesn't work. This particular tribe carried out coup in a manner that warrants a reprisal, started a secession war but keep capturing territories and invading the indifference tribes. During 1979 - 1983 Igbo occupied posts of Vice President and Senate President no tribe cry marginalization. During the aborted the aborted 1983 to supposed 1987 which was truncated Igbo occupied posts of Vice President, Senate President and Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives no tribe cry marginalization. Igbo thrives more outside South East simply because others accepts them. Enough of emotional blackmail. Nigerians do not hate your Igbo

1 Like

Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by paulchineduN(m): 9:11am On Jun 12, 2019
SirBunky85:
inside of u,ur wish is for this govt not to be successful but God pass una all

I don't have any business with a bigot like u.
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by tohyorsih(f): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2019
olagbola45:

thank you oooo iyawo mi....

ku agbale mi o

You're welcome smiley
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by LZAA: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

No tribe in Nigeria would have survived a war fought on all its soil (not part) for 3 full years, nor any had lived through the depression of having all their wealth (pre-war) confiscated only to be given 20pounds after. No one! Nevertheless, they grew from the shadows of destruction, closed all IDPs, and sank the shame of defeat. Like a broken man without a deferred spirit, they became prosperous even more than the lands that never saw war. What an astonishing feat. History will never forget.

Richdad
Mrchineke and sarrki wee call u ipob
Cc Afamed Adaibek
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by Borlahr(m): 11:37am On Jun 12, 2019
Learn to set your priorities politically. Politics and life is about planning and setting goals strategically. The Easterners don't have political structures so, don't expect anyother tribe or part to set it for you. Go back to the drawing board (Zone or home) and lay your political structure administratively (leaderahip and surbodinates) then look forward to the next political dispension with one solid voice that no tricks can break or penetrate
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by mrchineke: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
LZAA:

Mrchineke and sarrki wee call u ipob
Cc Afamed Adaibek

Story!!!!

The benevolence of the Yorubas made it possible!!!
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by LZAA: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
mrchineke:

Story!!!!

The benevolence of the Yorubas made it possible!!!
grin grin
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by mrchineke: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

The benevolence of the Yorubas in Lagos made it possible, play better politics next time. Say no to politics of bitterness and hatred.

Cc immhotep Lzaa ......isi aki op
Re: What Senate President Lawan Said After Meeting Buhari by LZAA: 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
mrchineke:

The benevolence of the Yorubas in Lagos made it possible, play better politics next time. Say no to politics of bitterness and hatred.

Cc immhotep Lzaa ......isi aki op
Pay ur igbo landlord his rent grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Endorses Plan To End Fuel Scarcity / Boko Haram Captures Damasak, 24 Hours After Buratai’s Visit / Toyin Saraki Celebrates Her 53rd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.