Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Pastor Adeboye’s Hometown - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Pastor Adeboye’s Hometown (408 Views)

Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta / Yoruba And Hausa Youths Fight In Oke-Odo, Lagos (Photos) / Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Pastor Adeboye’s Hometown by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2019
of the Atakumosa West Central Local Council Development Authority of Osun State has been razed following a violent clash between Yoruba and Hausa youths.

Ifewara is the hometown of the General Overseer (Worldwide) of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

Though the cause of the violence was sketchy on Tuesday, it was, however, gathered that a man identified as Demola was earlier in the day attacked by some Hausa youths at a mining site around Oke Oguro, a village under Ifewara, PUNCH report said.

A source in the town said the Hausa youths working in mining sites around Oke Oguro attacked Demola and took an undisclosed amount of money from him.

It was gathered that after the victim escape from his attackers, he mobilized other young residents of the town and launched an attack on the area where Hausa traders live.

The source said, “Demola was attacked by some Hausa youth in a mining site around Oke Oguro. They attacked him and took his money.

“Demola later told other youths in the town what had happened and they mobilized and attacked the Sabo area where Hausa traders are living. As far as I know, no life was lost, but Sabo market had been razed. Demola has been taken to an undisclosed hospital for treatment.”

A resident identified simply as Gbeminiyi said one house was set ablaze in Sabo, but the fire escalated and affected others because a gas retail shop was close to the house that was set ablaze.

The spokesperson for the police in Osun state, Folasade Odoro, said the situation in the town was under control.

“We have deployed our men in the town. The situation is under control. No casualty, please,” Odoro said.

The Chief Press Secretary to Osun State Governor, Mr. Adeniyi Adesina, also said the police were on top of the incident.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/06/12/yoruba-hausa-youths-clash-pastor-adeboye’s-hometown?fbclid=IwAR3oWP0rZoG66rSBWmvhA1iW8hDeipVJtme11deKpn_zKjCl0e_tWg2bpNM

Lalasticlala
Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Pastor Adeboye’s Hometown by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 12, 2019
In as much I might be forced to agree but I doubt the validity of this report from sahara.

There must be disagreement to agree between brothers.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Pastor Adeboye’s Hometown by Uglyojuku: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2019
I just arrived from Osun state 2 days ago.
There is a place called Ga Fulani( Fulani Settlers' place) at Shadiat junction around Orelope estate where I stayed with my friends for 3 good days.I was amazed by the very cordial relationship between the Fulanis who spoke fluent Yoruba and their Yoruba hosts.The Fulanis were the first settlers there because it was basically a forest before.

Coming to the issue at hand,I think the Hausa Youths did a very good thing by not waiting for the Yoruba Youths which could have brought about great casualties from both sides,Reason why the Yoruba Youths razed Sabo,I think.
We should learn to live amicably among ourselves if Nigeria still exists.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Pastor Adeboye’s Hometown by QueenSekxy(f): 8:11am On Jun 12, 2019
Friendly match between ndi efi FC vs Ndi ofe FC.

It's for the celebration of June 12th

(1) (Reply)

6-months-old Baby Allegedly Raped By Three Men In Ibadan / NYSC: Corps Member Commits Suicide In Ibadan / Man Draws Out Machetes To Prevent PHCN Officials From Disconnecting Their Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.