Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta (20526 Views)

Yoruba And Hausa Youths Fight In Oke-Odo, Lagos (Photos) / Yoruba, Hausa Youths Clash In Osun / Gunshots, Violence Rock Jos As Hausa Youths Block Tina Junction Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Islie: 4:29am On Mar 09, 2022
The clash occurred at the popular Lafenwa Market in Abeokuta, leading to apprehension in the area.

Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital, was on Tuesday, thrown into confusion as Yoruba and Hausa youths had a violent clash.

The clash occurred at the popular Lafenwa Market in Abeokuta, leading to apprehension in the area.

It was learnt that the gunshots could be heard as the bloody clash became messier on Tuesday morning.

It was gathered that the clash started from a fight between a Yoruba and a Hausa man on Monday and by Tuesday, shops and stalls were being razed.

Goods worth millions of naira were reportedly destroyed during the crisis.

Unconfirmed reports of the death of a Hausa man, one of the two persons at the centre of it, was said to have provoked his tribesmen, who reportedly destroyed goods, Daily Post reports

The Seriki Hausa (head of Hausa settlers), who was called to intervene in the crisis was also injured.

The spokesman for the state police command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident but added that the situation had been brought under control.

The police spokesperson said no life was lost, contrary to the report that a Hausa man was killed in the incident.

Oyeyemi added that the police had arrested several persons in connection to the crisis.

“I’m aware of the clash, but the situation has been brought under control. We have made some arrests. I don’t want to disclose the number of persons we have arrested, but we have made some arrests.

“But, contrary to what people are insinuating, no life was lost, but people were injured while shops were also burnt and property destroyed.

“We are still investigating the clash. The crisis is a result of a rumour because there was a clash between a Hausa man and a Yoruba man. I think the Hausa man was injured and some people went to town with the rumour that the injured man died and that was what led to the whole thing and the issue escalated.

“But, contrary to that rumour, no life was lost, and we are still investigating and after a thorough investigation, whoever that is found culpable will be charged to court,” Oyeyemi said.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/08/pandemonium-ogun-market-yoruba-hausa-youths-engage-violent-clash

lalasticlala

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by mainkendo: 4:46am On Mar 09, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Maxymilliano(m): 5:02am On Mar 09, 2022
How come any slight confrontation with Hausa youths always results into razing of shops with millions worth of goods destroyed ?

Can't it be settled with a fist fight ?

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by MMWandali: 5:30am On Mar 09, 2022
They have started again

Every time and everywhere they must be involved

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Lawlab251: 5:41am On Mar 09, 2022
Hmm
Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by chatinent: 6:02am On Mar 09, 2022
We never agreed to be together, how can we be together?

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by WebWriter: 6:20am On Mar 09, 2022
Na wa o

Do you need the service of a web content writer? Kindly reach out.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by GardenOfGod(m): 6:20am On Mar 09, 2022
Husband and wife fighting?
Brother and sister quarreling?

Tinubu will settle their matter grin

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:20am On Mar 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by kollinz1234(m): 6:20am On Mar 09, 2022
It's nothing, it's just family problem

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by MadamVanessa(f): 6:20am On Mar 09, 2022
shocked

Nice one there.

Nobody should complain, because it's family fight. Two brothers are fighting, if you dare try to intervene they may beat you to pulp. so let them fight and kill themselves if they can.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by emmabest2000(m): 6:21am On Mar 09, 2022
Guess who is on top among the two fighers grin

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by FalseProphet1(m): 6:21am On Mar 09, 2022
It's a shame that yourbas still see Igbos as their problem despite how they've cohabitated peacefully all these years.

Nigeria is on a time bomb and would explode sooner than expected.

This I have seen.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by backnbeta(f): 6:21am On Mar 09, 2022
These our awusa brothers are getting on everyone's nerves undecided

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Triangles1(m): 6:21am On Mar 09, 2022
People that are looking for head to sell and buy, this is the best opportunity now, by the time Ogun Abeokuta cut off their head/hand and sell it to skull mining people their eyes go clear.

But hausas and violence are like Putin they no they fear death but this time around Ogun Abeokuta will use their head for pepper soup.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 09, 2022
J

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by CryptoTeacher(m): 6:21am On Mar 09, 2022
Our problems are now without remedy.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:22am On Mar 09, 2022
..while Igbo youths and traders sit on the fence and watch..

I am loving this...

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Perfecttouchade: 6:22am On Mar 09, 2022
I don tire for this country sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by AsiwajuAsatheo: 6:22am On Mar 09, 2022
Every time, its fight between Hausa and their host tribe.
Make everybody kuku go back to his/her state and we breakup from there

Unity isn't by force

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by GooodHardDick: 6:23am On Mar 09, 2022
But according to Tinubu the drug patron, I thought he said Yoruba and Hausa are one? angry

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by AsiwajuAsatheo: 6:23am On Mar 09, 2022
F
Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Benjax4all: 6:24am On Mar 09, 2022
In my life have never hear Igbo and Yoruba fighting in market but always hausa vs Yoruba undecided undecided undecided

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by emmanuelbrown26: 6:24am On Mar 09, 2022
I hv noticed that every time their is a fight, its always Hausa and Yoruba, I just want to know d rational behind it.
We hv igbo, we hv south south, we hv middle belt, u will ever hear or see them fighting Yoruba yet ndi ofe mmanu will always see them as troublesome people.
Is only a bastard son from Igbo land that go about causing problem, but u see ndi ofe mmanu, once dey dun smoke all madness u will see dem causing nuisance here and their.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by AsiwajuAsatheo: 6:24am On Mar 09, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
..while Igbo youths and traders sit on the fence and watch..

I am loving this...

They also suffer monetary loss. Their shops wil definitely be looted

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Irupetepete: 6:24am On Mar 09, 2022
Some of the mods in this forum are snitches and criminals who works for big organizations.
They will purposely hide or ban your thread or post so that the company they work for as snitches won't be smeared or tarnished.

27 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by greatness77: 6:25am On Mar 09, 2022
Islie:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/03/08/pandemonium-ogun-market-yoruba-hausa-youths-engage-violent-clash

lalasticlala
I dont knw why hausas alway violent, GOD BLESS IPOB/ESN we hardly hear dis kind news in east

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Babaheekmat: 6:25am On Mar 09, 2022
I wish hausa nation could separate from Nigeria and stand alone.

They're the source and continuous problem of this nation.. both politically and locally

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by GooodHardDick: 6:26am On Mar 09, 2022
Babaheekmat:
I wish hausa nation could separate from Nigeria and stand alone.

They're the source and continuous problem of this nation.. both politically and locally

I thought you yorubas said igbo is the problem of the country? And that Nk is mad? Why are you calling for separation? angry

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba, Hausa Youths Engage In Violent Clash In Lafenwa Market, Abeokuta by Aolfooties(m): 6:27am On Mar 09, 2022
Wat a pity

Contact aolwears for your quality and bespoke handmade footwears. Delivery nationwide 081 thirty fifty 81

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Men Who Stole Musical Instruments In Lagos Caught & Disgraced (Photos) / Lady Steals Valuables At A Birthday Party In Benin / EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Undergraduate Internet Fraudsters In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.