Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? (11645 Views)

Endsars: Unmasking The Heroes And Villains Produced By Endsars Protest / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by Lovelyn451(f): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2019
Sermwell:

how old are you??
does it affect my age too? a particular people chose to celebrate their hero, how is it my business and wth is june12democracyday...Kai gapara
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by Kcuf: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2019
hero _ igbo (weed)
villian _ my boss
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by goldenarrow: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2019
Lovelyn451:
does it affect my age too? a particular people chose to celebrate their hero, how is it my business
Lovelyn, your commenting on it has made it your business.
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by JastSiryin(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2019
uthlaw:
no fucking hero in this nation,they only fight for democracy for personal reasons (embezzlement)...
Na only you just get sense for here... Nothing like "people centric" democracy in this country. We just love to worship crooks
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by comodo: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
JKisOK:
Today is June 12, a day that South-West states have celebrated since 1999 as their own Democracy Day, and the Federal Government has adopted for celebration as Democracy Day throughout Nigeria. This years marks the first time it will be celebrated nationwide.

The undisputed Hero and Icon of the day is the Millionaire Business Mogul and Presidential Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola. He had as his Running Mate, Ambassador Baba Gana Kingibe. Running on the ticket of the rival National Republic Convention (NRC) in the two horse-race was Kano Businessman, Alhaji Bashir Tofa, who has Dr. Sylvester Ugoh as his Running Mate.

In an election that local and international observers adjudge as the best ever in Nigeria, Abiola won with 8,341,309 (58.36%) votes to Tofa’s 5,952,087 (41.64%). However, General Ibrahim Babangida surprised the entire nation and the world by annulling this highly credible election.
In the fight for the revalidation of his mandate, Abiola was arrested and detained by General Sani Abacha, and he died in detention in 1998.

Who are your heroes and villains of the entire June 12 episode?

My personal list will read as follows:

HEROES

MKO Abiola
Kudirat Abiola
Alfred Rewane
NUPENG
Frank Kokori
Nigerian Masses
Nigerian Media
NADECO
OPC
Dan Suleiman
Colonel Umar Kangiwa
Frederick Fasehun
Wole Soyinka
Gani Fawehinmi
Ayo Opadokun
Adekunle Ajasin
Walter Carrington
Arthur Nwankwo
Chukwuemeka Ezeife
Sam Mbakwe
C.C. Onoh

VILLAINS

General Ibrahim Babangida
General Sani Abacha
Baba Gana Kingibe
Tony Anenih
Paschal Bafyau

And they never mentioned Prof Humphrey Nwosu. His name should be no 1. When heroes re being mentioned
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by ICT247: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
OK.
REAR AGRIC OPPORTUNITY IN LAGOS

Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by tk4rd: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
PROFESSOR HUMPHREY NWOSU is the Unsung Hero Here
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by PNANYIAM(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
And how did abiola death concern democracy

Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by OfficialAPCNig: 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
yerokunphilips:
Its wickedness for anybody that is enjoying the gain of this democracy today not to recgonize MKO Abiola . He paid the ultimate price so we can enjoy democracy .
Someone that funded coup two times paid ultimate price for democracy?

Yorubas sha!
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
baliyubla:
My heroes IBB/Abacha and my villain definitely the clown that was given coffee in jail. Good riddance.

We know them. Children of destruction, hate and bigotry. Sit and ask why you are who you are....

Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by Amokwe(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Its wickedness for anybody that is enjoying the gain of this democracy today not to recgonize PROF. HUMPHREY NWOSU. He declared the June 12 election against all odds. If he had not announced the election results there wont be any June 12 for us to celebrate. He is the unsung HERO.
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by Choochai(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
MKO was a great man but couldn't attain his self actualisation before death made him to become a lost spanner in the toolbox of life
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by pbet: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
I should be included

Though I am not a Hero

Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by senatordave1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
jaxxy:

If Buhari is a hero then obj can not be a villain because it was all about political interest for them and nothing more. Same type of people.

I agree with the others on ur list even tho u left out a lot of other people.

Also I think tinubu is more of a hero of Abiola rather than democracy which Abiola stood for. He has consistently raped our democracy.
What has tinubu done to rape democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by rummmy: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
We don't recognize it over here
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by EstherNdidi11: 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nobody remembered Prf. Humfery Nwosu
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by JKisOK(m): 11:22pm On Jun 12, 2019
checkedout:

This writeup was extracted from a newspaper page and you did not even reference the writer?

Would you be happy if it happened to you?

The Villains name are not completed according to the newspaper that has the article in it.

Ernest Shonekan and one other Yoruba leaders are among the villains.

Oga make amend and do the rightful

Thank you

May God deliver Nairalanders like you o! So you cannot generate an original copy of your own? Tufiakwa! No wonder you go looking for expo for your exams.

Okay, since you know the newspaper it was cited from, oya, send the link Mr. ITK.
Re: Happy Democracy Day: Who Are Your Heroes And Villains Of June 12? by Alejobs: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
If you don't forgive, you give the past the opportunity it needs to keep you away from the future you desire

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Lost His US Law License Because He Didn't Renew It Not Fraud / Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. / Okorocha: 'The Defection Of Our Colleagues Pained Us So Much'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.