Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' (26152 Views)

Busted! Drugs Trafficking Through Onions Shocks Social Media Users (Photos) / Two Young Ladies Exchange Blows, Shock Social Media Users (Photos) / SSS Begins Nationwide Crackdown On Individuals Posting Inciting Materials On Int (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by thousandshine: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
ok
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by AuroraB(f): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
Bitterleafsoup:
Next level tings...
This is so when the Fulani Herdsman start dey rampage we will be punished for exposing atrocities to the world.
Be strong my people, this too we shall overcome....
Overcome gini di
Hope is a constant for Nigerians.
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by felixomor: 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
slimfit1:

But Fulani people can kill us and get a billion for it yeah?
Don't mind him
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by ZombieTERROR: 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
KahlDrogo:
Akpu warrior

Buhari is a killer who rewards killers

Zombies who support this evil administration is worse than Ebola

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Bitterleafsoup: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
AuroraB:
Overcome gini di
Hope is a constant for Nigerians.
No hope, no action. If you don't believe you can't achieve.

Hope without action is another story....
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by dingbang(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
I love nairalanders cheesy
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by kunmiiii: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
Abeg, they should start from the numerous Ipob nonentities masquerading under female monikers on Nairaland! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
This is fine but we need to see the pictures of these people and the inciting posts they shared. Anything less is just dodgy policing

4 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by KahlDrogo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Buhari is a killer who rewards killers

Zombies who support this evil administration is worse than Ebola
Face your biafra and leave Nigeria matter for Nigerians, oh ye Akpu Warrior.

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by obi58: 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
Surely there are more important things for the Sss to get involved in like locating Leah Shuaibu and catching all the yahoo boys around
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Ferdinandu(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
The only problem is that our politicians always abuse this kind of privilege arresting people who are just expressing their honest opinions about situation of things in this country. If not the kind of inciting materials that are obviously false but authorerd by mischievous elements and believed by the gullible masses are so alarming. Those guys need to be fished out and arrested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by NaMeAboki: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
Correctgist:
The State Security Service on Wednesday announced a nationwide crackdown on individuals allegedly caught posting inciting materials on the Internet, in a move that could provoke fresh debates about the potency of Nigerian Constitution’s free speech safeguards.

The SSS said it had recently observed that some social media users were skewing Nigeria’s history to promote ethnic violence and tip the nation into crisis, a development it said must be urgently reversed through state interference.

The secret police’s spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, said in a statement that some “unpatriotic” Nigerians have been using social media platforms to make “unguarded public statements and/or use the social media platforms to instil fear in the minds of citizens”.

“These are reflected in the misleading statements and articles being circulated among unsuspecting members of the public. Such inciting materials oftentimes are designed to make or convey false accusations by one group against the other.

The SSS said it was “determined to ensure that the tribal chauvinists and mischief makers do not continue to exploit socio-political differences and Internet platforms to threaten the peace and stability of the country.”

The SSS vowed to “sustain the apprehension and prosecution of defaulters,” because it would not relent in its quest to prevent crimes and keep Nigeria as an indivisible country.

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/sss-arrests-social-media-users-for-posting-inciting-materials/

They should come to Nairaland where they'll find a lot of Shildren inciting hate and spreading Fake News.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by stieyven(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
essenceplus:
Na Ogun go kill una
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28

1 Like

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
You don't have the fundamental human rights.... you don't have the fun-da-ment-al right... ... in the words of I go die..

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nairaland Association of Commentors NAC... make we relocate go another coun3. Oya follow...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Olorunnim: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Altern8:
Social apps are tools. Anyone can use them to advance their agendas- good or bad.

If you make it your life’s work to use social media for hate you should not escape punishment. It is not freedom of speech anymore when you post hate speech.
What do you classify as hate speech? Or what is within the boundaries of hate speech?
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Cherrybae(f): 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
I support this move, the hate and inviting speeches by the igbos on social media is alarming.

The DSS have my backing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by uuzba(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
Olorunnim:
What do you classify as hate speech? Or what is within the boundaries of hate speech?
The opposite of love speech is hate speech.
Always question your opinion before spreading on social media so you can clearly tell if it will bring about peace or damage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Olorunnim: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
uuzba:

The opposite of love speech is hate speech.
Always question your opinion before spreading on social media so you can clearly tell if it will bring about peace or damage
This does not answer the question.
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by ImoRiverr: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2019
ok
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
KahlDrogo:
Until they arrest that Hybrid Yamreee Pig called Ffk, they are on a wild pig chase.
Are you trying to be funny with that picture? You look ridiculous.
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Ndamsondaniel: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2019

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2019
Cherrybae:
I support this move, the hate and inviting speeches by the igbos on social media is alarming.

The DSS have my backing.
when Fulani herdsmen were insulting Jonathan because he is not a Muslim what did you say?When hell rufai was using Twitter to abuse Jonathan where were you?This is a reaction to buhari jubril's fake promises and propaganda.Do you expect Nigerians to be hailing him like the north Koreans are hailing their dictator leader?You are dead wrong.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by KahlDrogo(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
comshots:
Are you trying to be funny with that picture? You look ridiculous.
Okay Yamreeee. grin
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2019
KahlDrogo:
Okay fulani herdsman.. grin
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by wingmanII: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
Cherrybae:

The DSS have my backing.
I really believe you're not mentally sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Dinho20(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2019
AS A CORE NIGERIAN AND AN IBO GUY, I PREFER HAUSAS TO YORUBA INDIGENS, IS NOT THAT I HATE ANYONE" IT'S JUST THAT "ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON. IN ABIA STATE WHERE I LIVE' I CHAT WITH HAUSAS LIKE MY BROTHERS. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO YORUBAS ' NO CHEMISTRY AT ALL. DURING LAST ELECTIONS I VOTED FOR BUHARI, AND IN 2023, IF A YORUBA CANDIDATE AND HAUSA CANDIDATES CONTEST FOR ANY POST, I WILL GLADLY VOTE A NORTHERNER OVER A YORUBA CANDIDATE ANY DAY ANY TIME. I STAND WITH ONE NIGERIA.
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by 2sexynet: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
rusher14:
If you can't protest about the arrest of Madonna students over Facebook posts then you have no right to complain.
is he still being held?
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by jrusky(m): 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Altern8:
Social apps are tools. Anyone can use them to advance their agendas- good or bad.

If you make it your life’s work to use social media for hate you should not escape punishment. It is not freedom of speech anymore when you post hate speech.

Are you alright? I guess No.

Pls define hate speech and let's start from 2011 till date to know who the damn f u c k I n g SSS or DDD should first arrest.

The SSS or BBB damn thing should first arrest buhari follow by lair Mohammad follow by Hell Rufall follow by Onochie etc.

Nonsense Una go arrest tire. They stage managed it so if the whole thing blast the blame will be shifted on SSS boss in charge who is from the South
so the north won't be blame for the madness.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
rusher14:
If you can't protest about the arrest of Madonna students over Facebook posts then you have no right to complain.

Students or student?
The one we heard of, the guy might have done something the school pardoned but brought up after the post. It is unlikely his arrest is due to the post alone.
Some people said they will be in court to hear Exactly what he is being accused of but no feedback from anyone who was there.
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by Martins6545: 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Na Ogun go kill una

B@stards
Re: SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' by KEVIND: 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Correctgist:
The State Security Service on Wednesday announced a nationwide crackdown on individuals allegedly caught posting inciting materials on the Internet, in a move that could provoke fresh debates about the potency of Nigerian Constitution’s free speech safeguards.

The SSS said it had recently observed that some social media users were skewing Nigeria’s history to promote ethnic violence and tip the nation into crisis, a development it said must be urgently reversed through state interference.

The secret police’s spokesperson, Peter Afunanya, said in a statement that some “unpatriotic” Nigerians have been using social media platforms to make “unguarded public statements and/or use the social media platforms to instil fear in the minds of citizens”.

“These are reflected in the misleading statements and articles being circulated among unsuspecting members of the public. Such inciting materials oftentimes are designed to make or convey false accusations by one group against the other.

The SSS said it was “determined to ensure that the tribal chauvinists and mischief makers do not continue to exploit socio-political differences and Internet platforms to threaten the peace and stability of the country.”

The SSS vowed to “sustain the apprehension and prosecution of defaulters,” because it would not relent in its quest to prevent crimes and keep Nigeria as an indivisible country.

Read more:
https://zenithnaija.com/sss-arrests-social-media-users-for-posting-inciting-materials/

Look at this NINCOMPOOPS. if you so wish to arrest any one for inciting statements,first of all channel your energy to killer herdsmen & Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai who said people will be killed & taken back in body bags.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Hand Over Ese To Parents; Dad Taking Her To TB Joshua - Vanguard / Armed Robber Caught In Ikorodu, Stripped And Beaten To Pulp (photos) / Soldiers Attacked Policemen For Arresting Narcotics Dealer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.