Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression (370 Views)

What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? / How Can I Fight Depression? / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression by Sleepist: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
This is a true life story.
A friend of mine has been depressed for a while, so sometime last week she was absent from work and I decided to stop by her house from work to know what's up.
She was still in bed, hair unkept, swollen eyes, et al. I knew it must be something strong and deep. After so much conversations and persuasion, she opened up to me as per what's really going on.

Her mum called to tell her things are not going on fine at home, as her dad now acts strangely. He gets angry easily, he keeps things to himself and he's now been stingy with providing for the house. As always she was siding her dad, trying to give excuses for him as always, but this time her mum opened up to her.

She said that whatever she tells her now is because she has come of age and will be able to understand some things. That her dad is HIV positive and it has been so for 5yrs now and no one knows except both of them and the doctor. She doesn't know if the disease is affecting him these days as he acts strangely. She said her mum is HIV negative, and she doesn't know how but they've been using protection since then.

The news broke her, as she trusted her dad with her life, even more than her mum, she sees him as a hero, a role model and now this. She said her dad has failed her.

Now this is affecting her at work, as she can't even give suggestions during research works, meetings and everything. Nothing I say to her has changed anything, I don't know what to do anymore.
Re: Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression by kenzosky: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2019
Your friend is depressed because she wants to be depress, and more over who isn't depress this days.anyway,i recommend Lexapro for her.
Re: Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression by Sleepist: 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
kenzosky:
Your friend is depressed because she wants to be depress, and more over who isn't depress this days.anyway,i recommend Lexapro for her.

Noted.
Re: Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression by Onlydaughter(f): 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Your friend is depressed because of the thoughts of her dad's status, but hey!, it's not the end, he is still alive atleast. I know a few persons who are positive and are still living. Just keep praying for his mental health because he thinking about it alone can disorganise his reasoning plus old age can add.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Best Friend Fight Depression by Sleepist: 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2019
Onlydaughter:
Your friend is depressed because of the thoughts of her dad's status, but hey!, it's not the end, he is still alive atleast. I know a few persons who are positive and are still living. Just keep praying for his mental health because he thinking about it alone can disorganise his reasoning plus old age can add.

Thanks for this.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LG 1.5 Horse Power Window Air Conditioner For Sale / 2019 OJUDE OBA: Ladi Adebutu Felicitates With Awujale, Ijebu Sons And Daughters. / I Am Sandra By Name, I Represent Spectrum Phones Ltd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.