Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

"What We Practice Is Govt For The Political Class" - Oby Ezekwesili Democracy Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "What We Practice Is Govt For The Political Class" - Oby Ezekwesili Democracy Me (208 Views)

"The Nigeria Air MUST FAIL" - Oby Ezekwesili / Security Agents Harassing Oby Ezekwesili During Lone Protest In Abuja / Oby Ezekwesili Protests Alone Over Plateau Killings (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"What We Practice Is Govt For The Political Class" - Oby Ezekwesili Democracy Me by musictori: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
See the Democracy Message written by the former Presidential aspirant, Oby Ezekwesili to Nigerians.

"Our Democracy was hard won . It did not come cheap at all. Lives were lost by many families. The Abiola’s lost Dad and Mom for example. Many of our compatriots who were not killed were imprisoned, detained, maimed, beaten, forced into exile, attacked etc. It was hard won. HARD."

"Now thankfully, we are 20 years in the practice of Democracy as our preferred system! Painfully, the general assessment is that what we yet practice is “Government of the Political Class, by the Political Class and for the Political Class”. Now #OfficeOfTheCitizen must arise!!"

"Citizens must arise not only to defend our hard-won Democracy but exert the #CitizensDemandPressure that is required to upgrade it to “Government of the People, by the People and for the People”. This is what will show that the Citizens of Nigeria are ready for Good Governance!"

"My commitment is that like in the last 3 decades of my life, I will continue to work, walk and pray that by the time we celebrate 30th and 40th of Democracy, we would have built a Prosperous, Harmonious &Stable NIGERIA that offers everyone Equality of Opportunity to thrive."

"Happy 20 years of the practice of Democracy, fellow occupants of Nigeria’s highest office in the land—- #OfficeOfTheCitizen. Keep the faith! It is not over until it is over. Don’t swallow your Voice until our Democracy evolves into assures Good Governance."

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2019/06/what-we-practice-is-govt-for-political.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: "What We Practice Is Govt For The Political Class" - Oby Ezekwesili Democracy Me by Exempted: 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
You had the opportunity to go there and turn things around why did you step down madam?

(1) (Reply)

Lagos: Sanwo-olu Swears In New Chief Judge / Police Seize Millions Of Counterfeit Products In Eu-wide Raids / Urgent Need Of A Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.