Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion (12166 Views)

Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion / Rahmon Adedoyin ‘Enjoys VIP Treatment In Detention, Sleeps In Special Quarters’ / My Friend Is Being Held In Detention For More Than Two Weeks Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by titiloyeblog: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
@titiloyeblog.com

The leadership of the Abia State Police Command says it has arrested 15 police personnel under its command for allegedly extorting money from motorists and other members of the public.

The police officers, it was learned are standing orderly room trial at the command’s Headquarters in Umuahia, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Ene Okon who disclosed this in Aba said that the command would not shield any corrupt person within its workforce that is trying to tarnish its good image.

The CP who was reacting to the calls made by some traditional rulers during a Town Hall Meeting in Aba, asking him to call some of his extortionist officers to order, assured that the Nigeria Police does not shield anyone with criminal behavior.

Okon pointed out that the command is determined to get rid of bad eggs among its personnel, stressing that it was why it declared one Sergeant Collins Akpugo wanted for killing Mr. Christian Onuoha in Umuahia.

He further disclosed that a reward of N500, 000 will be given to whoever has information on his way about.

Okon who maintained that bail is free, however, urged the members of the public to resist the urge of giving money to any officers who tried to extort them, stressing that every citizen ought to know his right and stand on it.

“We are the only organization that when you err, we punish. All of you must have heard about a policeman that shot somebody and killed on the 4th of June in Afara Umuahia?

“After killing, he ran away and disappeared. We have declared him wanted and we have placed N500,000 on his head. Anybody that will give us Information on his arrest collects N500,000 cash from me,” the CP said.

Speaking on bribery and extortion by police officers, Okon said “It takes two to tangle. If you don’t give the police will not take. It starts with you. If you know that you’ve not done anything wrong, if you know that you’re operating your joint according to rules, if a policeman comes, you prove to him that you know you’re right.

“I don’t know that policeman that will not be afraid to even tell you to bring knowledge that you know your right. Insist that you know your right. Let me be very frank to you, I am not supporting police collecting any money.

“As I’m talking to you, I have 15 policemen in my cell. 7 were arrested here at Opobo Junction when I heard the information that they were collecting money. I sent out my monitoring unit and my monitoring unit went there and met them in the act and arrested them.

“I subjected them to investigation and we have completed the investigation and they’re undergoing ‘orderly room trials’. Let God be with them if they’ll escape. At the end of the day, they’ll turn to civilians and be giving money too and see how painful it is.

“I have a monitoring unit. We are not sleeping on it. I don’t like it, but you too must stop giving. If you don’t give, they’ll not take. Insist on your right. My phone number is here, call me, give me the information and see what will happen.”

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/06/15-police-officers-in-detention-over.html

3 Likes

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by McClean573: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Good. While there are still honest police officers out there. These are the once damaging the image of the NA. They should be persecuted asap.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by DopeBoss(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
This still won't stop the police from extortion undecided .Hustle oh make you comot this country!
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by oloyede90(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
Serves them right
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Triangles1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
That's to say all the police should enter cell bcs they're more of extortion than the normal duty.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by TechCapon(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
I heard that in port Harcourt, police officers that are supposed to conduct stop and search are made to deposit 10k each every morning before they resume because the area commanders know that those policemen are making fortunes just by standing on the road.

Funny thing is that these policemen are happy to pay the 10k because at the end of the day, they'll be smiling home with over 30k each.

1 Like

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by zone51: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nice move...now let them do the same in Lagos
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Adegreen(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
hunter hunted
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Mutemenot(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Go to osha in the evening to see what is called police extortion ...Naija police is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Davidasi: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
Naija police worse pass kidnapper there is no different between naija police and arm robber e

1 Like

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by dinocy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nice move but who follow the case up ?
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by BUSHHUNTER: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please transfer them to bama or gwoza for Bornu state

1 Share

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Roydonzy87: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Wow FTC .... Akuko uwa , what of those SARS harassing every young looking guy with a car around Umuahia ? What have you done to them ? Believe the police at your own peril
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Ikpeazukerosene: 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
titiloyeblog:

“As I’m talking to you, I have 15 policemen in my cell. 7 were arrested here at Opobo Junction when I heard the information that they were collecting money. I sent out my monitoring unit and my monitoring unit went there and met them in the act and arrested them.

“I subjected them to investigation and we have completed the investigation and they’re undergoing ‘orderly room trials’. Let God be with them if they’ll escape. At the end of the day, they’ll turn to civilians and be giving money too and see how painful it is.

The worst punishment a policeman can receive is dismissal. All those okada riders and bus drivers that he used to oppress would be looking for opportunities to fight him so that they can beat craze comot him body.

1 Like

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by elgramz: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
See as 50 naira don dabaru this one's life
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by goshen26: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
Them no get name?
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by myddmodnabastard: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
goshen26:
Them no get name?
wetin you go do with their name
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Jmk9292(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Those ones are only on break... They would soon resume back to work.. There was a country
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by israelmao(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
"Police is your friend (enemy)."
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Dukeolumidemans(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
If they have started arresting Policemen and women who are extorting people upandan, that means they will soon arrest all of themselves..

1 Like

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by adetes: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
wink

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Hotzone(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
Those policemen always rushing to be posted on the men road are the ones killing the image of the force. Though bail is presumed to be free but it’s understandable when someone commits a crime such as stealing, assault and other lesser related crimes and complainant feels to drop charges while empowering the ipo to release and suspect is ready to comply with his bail conditions. U can stay on the road, be friendly to the members of the public, surely few may appreciate u with transport money. Ahhh, officer, u are payed to serve and protect the people.
I am a proud and prideful policemen and I love my people.
God, give me life to serve the people not the country

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by annayawchee: 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mutemenot:
Go to osha in the evening to see what is called police extortion ...Naija police is a disgrace
bida road abi
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by manomam: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
How will you not give a police bribe when he has a gun and ready to kill? How can you tell a police man with gun that you know your right. Nonsense.
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Mutemenot(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
annayawchee:
bida road abi

Those at the onitsha owerri road are terrible. I drive pass dia recently, those opposite electrical obosi were visibly extorting from keke n other commercials. I plan going there later to take their vidoe coverage ..

1 Like

Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Taogbera: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
[quote author=titiloyeblog post=79297688]@titiloyeblog.com

The leadership of the Abia State Police Command says it has arrested 15 police personnel under its command for allegedly extorting money from motorists and other members of the public.

The police officers, it was learned are standing orderly room trial at the command’s Headquarters in Umuahia, the state capital.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Ene Okon who disclosed this in Aba said that the command would not shield any corrupt person within its workforce that is trying to tarnish its good image.

The CP who was reacting to the calls made by some traditional rulers during a Town Hall Meeting in Aba, asking him to call some of his extortionist officers to order, assured that the Nigeria Police does not shield anyone with criminal behavior.

Okon pointed out that the command is determined to get rid of bad eggs among its personnel, stressing that it was why it declared one Sergeant Collins Akpugo wanted for killing Mr. Christian Onuoha in Umuahia.

He further disclosed that a reward of N500, 000 will be given to whoever has information on his way about.

Okon who maintained that bail is free, however, urged the members of the public to resist the urge of giving money to any officers who tried to extort them, stressing that every citizen ought to know his right and stand on it.

“We are the only organization that when you err, we punish. All of you must have heard about a policeman that shot somebody and killed on the 4th of June in Afara Umuahia?

“After killing, he ran away and disappeared. We have declared him wanted and we have placed N500,000 on his head. Anybody that will give us Information on his arrest collects N500,000 cash from me,” the CP said.

Speaking on bribery and extortion by police officers, Okon said “It takes two to tangle. If you don’t give the police will not take. It starts with you. If you know that you’ve not done anything wrong, if you know that you’re operating your joint according to rules, if a policeman comes, you prove to him that you know you’re right.
The Nigerian police is ur friend
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by Authoreety: 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pothieves...
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by annayawchee: 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mutemenot:

Those at the onitsha owerri road are terrible. I drive pass dia recently, those opposite electrical obosi were visibly extorting from keke n other commercials. I plan going there later to take their vidoe coverage ..
you need to see what happens along bida road every evening, those shameless policemen...
Re: 15 Police Officers In Detention Over Extortion by mechanics(m): 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
Some policemen are brutal o, if they ask and one don't give, na shoot o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Defrauds In-law In N9m Deal / Gunmen Invade Mosque In Ogun, Abduct Police Inspector, Two Others / Rally Against Rape And Domestic Violence At Alausa, Lagos Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.