Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

‘my Food Bank’ Programme Inaugurates Branch In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘my Food Bank’ Programme Inaugurates Branch In Plateau (302 Views)

Who killed the little kids at first bank branch in anambra(pics) / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival In Plateau State Over Killings / This Was What Really Happened In Plateau State According To The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘my Food Bank’ Programme Inaugurates Branch In Plateau by gistok6: 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
My Food Bank, a national programme introduced to address the challenge of hunger in the country on Thursday inaugurated its branch in Jos, Plateau. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the initiative was inaugurated nationally by President Mohammadu Buhari, in December 2018.

Inaugurating the branch in Jos, Alhaji Ali Maina, the National President of the Programme, said the initiative was aimed at tackling food insecurity in the country. Represented by Mr Ahmed Tijani, the Director, Special Project of the programme said that initiative also aimed at combating poverty and creating employment opportunities for youths and women in the country.

“My Foot Bank is a strategic and food security programme that will make healthy food cheap and available for millions of Nigerians. “The programme is basically designed and conceptualised by creative Nigerian youths who have strong passion to ensure an effective and transparent food production and distribution in the country.

“This programme will address the challenges of hunger, poverty, and create job opportunities for youths and women. “It will also promote agricultural activities in the country, because it will increase the demand of agricultural products,” he said. Maina said that smart cards were released for people to use in accessing cheap, healthy and affordable food.

Mr Danjuma Mohammed of the Presidential Committee on North East Initiative (PCNI), described the initiative as timely. He said that the programme would go a long way in putting food on the table of many poor Nigerians. Mohammed said food security was key to the sustenance of every society, and urged Nigerians to key into the initiative. Highlights of the event were inauguration of Advisory Board Members for the state and awards were also presented to some notable Nigerians.

read more: https://gistok.ng/my-food-bank-programme-inaugurates-branch-in-plateau/

Re: ‘my Food Bank’ Programme Inaugurates Branch In Plateau by emapraiz(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
nice one hope it will help D agric sector

(1) (Reply)

EU Observers Release Final Report On 2019 Nigerian Elections / Hammed Solomon Olamijuwon Congratulates Sen. Teslim Folarin For His 3rd Term Bid / United Nation React Over The Recent Boko Haram Attack In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.