Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally (19462 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / White Woman Call On EFCC To Leave Yahoo Boys Alone (watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Stefan111(m): 7:34am On Jun 14, 2019
lonelygem:

Please! Please!! Please!!!
U are entitled to your opinion bro,
But the moment you start dabbling into issues you have little or no knowledge about, you misconstrue the general public.

Have you had a sensitive case to file with any arm of Nigerian Federal Authority and are willing to exercise the full blown of might on u? Then, u would know that Nigeria has professionals in service..
Oga Nigeria no get professionals make we hear word they just take orders..professionals are meant to follow the law not rules or certain command. Most rich people in Nigeria make their money from one fraud or another that's fact.. efcc are not meant to be online saying those it they are really professionals. Check out fbi Instagram handler and efcc and compare.
Las las na FEAR make you talk so.
Naija sabi fear abeg

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by lonelygem(m): 7:42am On Jun 14, 2019
Stefan111:

Oga Nigeria no get professionals make we hear word they just take orders..professionals are meant to follow the law not rules or certain command. Most rich people in Nigeria make their money from one fraud or another that's fact.. efcc are not meant to be online saying those it they are really professionals. Check out fbi Instagram handler and efcc and compare.
Las las na FEAR make you talk so.
Naija sabi fear abeg

Isorite Oga!

Lets assume u won this conversation bro.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by panpan(m): 7:51am On Jun 14, 2019
Pavore9:
Fraud committed with POS machines is unimaginable. Chinese are senior men when it come to that. They steal or clone credits of big companies in China or Hong Kong , one of them flies to Kenya with the cards forming tourist they approach Kenyan businesses that accepts cards for payment and "collaborate" with them under the disguise they are paying for goods and services running into thousands of dollars. The kenyan business person withdraws the money that has hit the business bank account gives the Chinese about 70% of the money the rest is for "his/her stress" cheesy cheesy cheesy

If this report is true, then it is not a surprise that EFCC has decided to focus on POS machines, because EFCC serves foreign interests.
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Pavore9: 7:52am On Jun 14, 2019
rhektor:

A yahoo boy spotted

With my level, to be a yahoo man in Nairobi is very easy but I roll in a different direction! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
move their funds before fund are blocked grin that is cooperation of power and the rewards could be 30% to bank ,70% to customer and you expected EFCC to loot all and share within themselves or forfeit to government to reloot, all those vehicles and laptops seize can't be use by government so efcc official loot them while government sit on fund, but this is the game of wise up, bank wouldn't take such shit, they helped customer saves for years and one official team up with APC government to come pack all in a day? And you think bank eyes won't open, so they most work in hands to hands with their customer to defeat who loot who...

Often times funds siezed are returned to the people to were scammed. Freezing a person's account is a temporary thing, if you're not found culpable, your account will be unblocked without a dime forfeited. Stop fighting hard to justify bad things. It's bad for your future

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by maasoap(m): 7:56am On Jun 14, 2019
kingosytex
valentineuwakwe
lovegino
douchesnozzle
kate06
aolawale025

Some of you wouldn't praise EFCC until you become a victim. You think going after politicians is the only way to cub crime. The 5k in your account has more value to you than 2 billion naira in any politician's account.

Some of you think that EFCC is talking about those of you who are using it dispense cash to those who don't want to go the banks. You knew that you are using it illegally too but EFCC wasn't addressing you in this case.

Some of you are simply daft for no reason.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by rhektor(m): 8:00am On Jun 14, 2019
Pavore9:

With my level, to be a yahoo man in Nairobi is very easy but I roll in a different direction! cheesy

OK noted cheesy grin grin
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Kingosytex(m): 8:01am On Jun 14, 2019
maasoap:
kingosytex
valentineuwakwe
lovegino
douchesnozzle
kate06
aolawale025

Some of you wouldn't praise EFCC until you become a victim. You think going after politicians is the only way to cub crime. The 5k in your account has more value to you than 2 billion naira in any politician's account.

Some of you think that EFCC is talking about those of you who are using it dispense cash to those who don't want to go the banks. You knew that you are using it illegally too but EFCC wasn't addressing you in this case.

Some of you are simply daft for no reason.

please, learn how to table your points without resorting to insults?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2019
Lucid1:
All of you above me, is it that you just want to appear on FP or what because you guys clearly don't have what to say. No apologies, you guys are daft.

People use POS to rob these days, that's what they're trying to kick against, and yes, it is within EFCC'S JURISDICTION.

Banks usually tip customers under investigation to move their funds before their accounts are blocked, that's 100% criminal
And in ur infinite wisdom you think these robbers would be caught by EFCC right? won't it be easy for the EFCC to go to the bank and make these so-called illegal operators come to the bank and prove themselves legit? I can see you are thinking with ur backside no apologies.
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Kate06(m): 8:03am On Jun 14, 2019
lonelygem:

But the moment you start dabbling into issues you have little or no knowledge about, you misconstrue the general public.

Have you had a sensitive case to file with any arm of Nigerian Federal Authority and are willing to exercise the full blown of might on u? Then, u would know that Nigeria has professionals in service..

Those who have filed case with any of the agencies,how much did they pay for mobilization?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Kate06(m): 8:05am On Jun 14, 2019
Kingosytex:

please, learn how to table your points without resorting to insults?

This type of person will not be able to address a multitude of people without insulting their personalities.

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Pavore9: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2019
panpan:

If this report is true, then it is not a surprise that EFCC has decided to focus on POS machines, because EFCC serves foreign interests.

You can google it to find the report.
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
is that their work or jurisdictions? from yahoo boys to Naira marley....over sabi dey kill oo. our corrupt politicians full the street walking freely, yet EFCC never goarrest them..

Sir,

Let me understand your question very well. You mean using POS machines ILLEGALLY is not a financial crime?

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2019
erico2k2:

And in ur infinite wisdom you think these robbers would be caught by EFCC right? won't it be easy for the EFCC to go to the bank and make these so-called illegal operators come to the bank and prove themselves legit? I can see you are thinking with ur backside no apologies.

Man! It's a multi-agency effort, the EFCC is very capable. It's better to prevent crime than wait to it to happen, then try to solve it. There are so many things an average thinker won't understand so I won't bother enlightening you further cos you don't have the necessary credentials

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2019
Kingosytex:
Magu and his boys are becoming too zealous for my liking
How so?
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:14am On Jun 14, 2019
Kate06:
EFCC WILL JUST BE YELLING DAILY AND SOMETIMES,I WONDER IF THEY HAVE ACCOUNTANTS OR BANKERS AMONG THEM.

ASK SOME OF THEM WHAT ARE THE LIKELY CAUSES OF 'POST NO DEBIT' ON A CUSTOMER'S ACCT,THEY WILL BE GRUMBLING.ONLY 5% OF THEM ARE PROFESSIONALS WHILE THE REST ARE JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS!

....and you gave yourself away likedat........

Don't worry, someday you'll get promoted from your "funds transfer" job, you'll be able to see better
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2019
davillian:
Jack of all trades
Today it's politician
Tomorrow it's yahoo yahoo
Now it's POS grin
Aboki buerue de change will be hit by this one

Bros,

All these are within their remit
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 8:15am On Jun 14, 2019
Lucid1:

Man! It's a multi-agency effort, the EFCC is very capable. It's better to prevent crime than wait to it to happen, then try to solve it. There are so many things an average thinker won't understand so I won't bother enlightening you further cos you don't have the necessary credentials
Bulshit about multi-Agency, this shyte you are talking about is as simple as ABC, all need do is for EFCC to go to the banks and go fru Docs people present at the point of POD app.I as a person have up to 12 POS machines as we speak so what craaaap credentials are you talking about
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Cocolatti(m): 8:16am On Jun 14, 2019
rhektor:

What is the legal use of bullion van?
Go and ask Thie£nubu
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 8:17am On Jun 14, 2019
mapet:

Sir,

Let me understand your question very well. You mean using POS machines ILLEGALLY is not a financial crime?
Can I ask you a question, how does one use POS Illegally?
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:17am On Jun 14, 2019
hisgrace090:

Lucid1: :
All of you above me, is it that you just want to appear on FP or what because you guys clearly don't have what to say. No apologies, you guys are daft.

People use POS to rob these days, that's what they're trying to kick against, and yes, it is within EFCC'S JURISDICTION.

Banks usually tip customers under investigation to move their funds before their accounts are blocked, that's 100% criminal

We' re in an era were you can be wounded in Nigeria for speaking against crime because Nigerian number of criminals have passed that of good people.

Just check above how our children line up in support of crime.

My worry is not even so much of their support for crime. I am more worried that many of them have out-sourced their faculties and are not ashamed to appear daft when they post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by Psoul(m): 8:23am On Jun 14, 2019
supportnija:
Don't insult people [s]do they need to announce their constitutional duties before doing it[/s]

Are you really ok....? Did u read the post at all? May be u did not or u did but did not understand it. Read a part of the post as i quote below:

This was disclosed by the Makurdi Zonal Head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Johnson Babalola, in an interactive session with Regional Bank Managers at the EFCC Zonal office in Makurdi, Benue State on Thursday.

You mean they don't need to tell those directly concerned on the issuing of POS machines?
Are we really learning or unlearning the little we already learned?
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 8:32am On Jun 14, 2019
mapet:

My worry is not even so much of their support for crime. I am more worried that many of them have out-sourced their faculties and are not ashamed to appear daft when they post.
Bro that logic is wack, just cos a person questions the modus operandi of the EFCC and the Police does not mean they support crime. Their methods need to be challenged so they can work effectively to bring out the positive outcome.No need to spend energy and much-needed resources on links that won't amount to anything just cos they are not bein professionals. The Tech to stop POS is as easy as to be done by just one officer in a state. There are paper works trail as to the issuance of POS and you need a registered name to have one plus a business account.
If anything falls short of this requirement tell me who committed fraud here , is it not the institution in the 1st instance?
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2019
benson4u:
I just don't know what to say cry Those guys above men!!!!! This country is finished. And to those above rushing to comment, armed robbers use POS now to rob. We should be thankful that EFCC is bringing a solution to reduce this kind of robbery instead of been judgemental. undecided undecided

My suggestion is, Pls don't keep quiet and let immoral, crude-brained and unintelligent idiots pervade this place. When someone makes posts that makes stands logic on it's head, we need to state so

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2019
lonelygem:

Kate06: :
EFCC WILL JUST BE YELLING DAILY AND SOMETIMES,I WONDER IF THEY HAVE ACCOUNTANTS OR BANKERS AMONG THEM.

ASK SOME OF THEM WHAT ARE THE LIKELY CAUSES OF 'POST NO DEBIT' ON A CUSTOMER'S ACCT,THEY WILL BE GRUMBLING.ONLY 5% OF THEM ARE PROFESSIONALS WHILE THE REST ARE JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS!

you know when someone has not seen beyond that cubicle as a teller....... grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2019
panpan:

I think the starting place for EFCC are the individuals within the banks that allowed the issuance of these fraudulent POS machines.this will stop it quicker than the retailers if these are the people of the target.
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2019
erico2k2:

Bro that logic is wack, just cos a person questions the modus operandi of the EFCC and the Police does not mean they support crime. Their methods need to be challenged so they can work effectively to bring out the positive outcome.No need to spend energy and much-needed resources on links that won't amount to anything just cos they are not bein professionals. The Tech to stop POS is as easy as to be done by just one officer in a state. There are paper works trail as to the issuance of POS and you need a registered name to have one plus a business account.
If anything falls short of this requirement tell me who committed fraud here , is it not the institution in the 1st instance?

1. Even from the first line of your rejoinder, you missed the mark. Pray tell, which of these posts questions the modus operandi of EFCC?

valentineuwakwe:
is that their work or jurisdictions? from yahoo boys to Naira marley....over sabi dey kill oo. our corrupt politicians full the street walking freely, yet EFCC never goarrest them..

Kingosytex: Magu and his boys are becoming too zealous for my liking

Ibcrown: Them sha no wan make we chop again! Alatise lomo atise ara èh
douchesnozzle: After being unable to convict politicians successfully, EFCC want begin use petty criminals gain relevance.
..or should I take it that your understanding of questioning "modus Operandi" is different?

2. I think if you have something different to address, you should. You should not come into discourse and try to twist the context. Question. Are there rampant cases of POS fraud? If so, should the country just fold it's arms and not do anything? especially a statutory body set up by law to address financial crimes?

3. Your explanation of how to stop POS fraud is not only contextually secondary issue, but does not in anyway bear relevance to the issue you butted into. We were discussing concerns about young folks of today's generation justifying criminal activities pls.

4. Meanwhile, FYI I spent the first 9years of my worklife as an Information Systems and Security professional with certifications and experience in information security. So when you I see your explanation about how to address POS fraud.........I just SMDH

2 Likes

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by fapcrook(m): 8:49am On Jun 14, 2019
Peacecoy19:
Are you a criminal of some kind.? Let efcc do the job they are well trained for.
EFCC is mad, they harass students up and down even entering their hostels 1am. Won si ma he.
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2019
erico2k2:

Can I ask you a question, how does one use POS Illegally?

Should this even be a question when the report in itself talks about clampdown on fraudulent use of POS machines nationwide?
Well if it's any use any of these should suffice

1. Hackers takes over vulnerable connections to POS machines....installs software/malware into machines that redirect traffic.
2. Could also be internal collaboration with unscrupulous elements in banks.
3. Cloned devices and forwarding accounts

etc
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by mapet: 8:59am On Jun 14, 2019
cjudy:
Very soon they will start arresting anybody with bank account or anyone they sent money from abroad to his bank account. Nigeria is a failed state. Simple

Judging from the "quality" of your submission, I am tempted to agree with you

1 Like

Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 9:16am On Jun 14, 2019
mapet:

Should this even be a question when the report in itself talks about clampdown on fraudulent use of POS machines nationwide?
Well if it's any use any of these should suffice

1. Hackers takes over vulnerable connections to POS machines....installs software/malware into machines that redirect traffic.
2. Could also be internal collaboration with unscrupulous elements in banks.
3. Cloned devices and forwarding accounts

etc

Trust me there is a genuine reason for asking this.
now your number one: There is no answer to this no one can stop this cos your POS is not the target here rather the issuing BANK is so to this end there is no fall back to the retailer.
Number 2.Internal collaboration. Now this falls back to the institutions themselves as I stated earlier if you read my post and that of others you labelled as aiding and abetting crime. The only people you can really hold to account as their position is fixed are these criminals masking as bank workers.
Cloned devices:Bro we are talking POS not cards, how does one clone a POS or are you talking about skimming devices? cos with skimming devices the end is to steal card details and film the pins which is more than likely to be done by the retailer. I have loads of POS and the POS is controlled by Interswitch. Interswitch remits money approx 24 hours after monies has been paid and unto a POS registered and enabled the account.Now if these monies is remitted to a different account not registered to the POS of debit would that not also fall back on the institution?
Re: EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally by erico2k2(m): 9:21am On Jun 14, 2019
mapet:

1. Even from the first line of your rejoinder, you missed the mark. Pray tell, which of these posts questions the modus operandi of EFCC?

..or should I take it that your understanding of questioning "modus Operandi" is different?

2. I think if you have something different to address, you should. You should not come into discourse and try to twist the context. Question. Are there rampant cases of POS fraud? If so, should the country just fold it's arms and not do anything? especially a statutory body set up by law to address financial crimes?

3. Your explanation of how to stop POS fraud is not only contextually secondary issue, but does not in anyway bear relevance to the issue you butted into. We were discussing concerns about young folks of today's generation justifying criminal activities pls.

4. Meanwhile, FYI I spent the first 9years of my worklife as an Information Systems and Security professional with certifications and experience in information security. So when you I see your explanation about how to address POS fraud.........I just SMDH

Oga anyone can be anything on Line, I do nt take you folks serious, so stop talking about your papers and certification it bears no meaning on social media, people who know know.get back to the subject, we are talking POS this was what this post was al about not about young people supporting crimes, if you want to have that discussion you are more than welcome to open a new post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, Others Nabbed With Fake Millions Of Dollars In Kenya. Photo / Unknown Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Station, Cart Away Arms / Nigerian Student Murdered In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.