Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery (414 Views)

Syria: Teenager Shot Dead By Her Own Family For Refusing To Marry Her Cousin / Police Kill 5 Looters In Ikotun, Arrest Scores / Chinonso Obiaju: Nigerian Teenager Shot Dead In South Africa – Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery by rajiaishat(f): 5:13am On Jun 14, 2019
A teenage girl on Wednesday night was hit by a stray bullet from suspected armed robbers, who invaded Ikotun, a community on the outskirts of Lagos, The Nation learnt on Thursday.
The incident occurred around 9pm at Oladun Street, Council Bus Stop, Ikotun.
It was gathered that the girl was assisting her grandmother, a herb seller at a nearby market when armed men invaded the street.
According to a witness, the gunmen rode on four motorcycles pretended as though they wanted to buy recharge from a shop before they started shooting and then robbed them.
She said the bullet hit the teenager on her shoulder and leg, adding that she was rushed to a nearby hospital.
During a visit to the area on Thursday, shop owners lamented that the robbers stole their money and other valuables, appealing for constant police patrol of the neighbourhood to ward off the criminals.
A shop owner’s husband, Kayode Gabriel, said the gunmen carted away about N150,000 cash and N90,000 worth of airtime from his wife.
He said they were 12 in number, adding that people around claimed a woman was also hit on her waist by a stray bullet.
Gabriel said: “I saw some guys on four bikes, who were armed with guns. They came to my wife’s shop and pointed a gun at me, saying they were for serious business. My wife’s money was taken about N150,000 and her airtime bag of N90,000. She sells in bulk. Our phones were also taken. The fired their gun and unfortunately, it hit the young girl on her shoulder and leg.”
Another victim said they entered her shop and demanded the day’s sales, which she hurriedly gave them.
She said: “I should have closed and gone home if I knew this bad incident will happen to me. One of the guys came to my shop around past 9pm asking for the money I have sold. They took the money with them. I did not even count it I just hurriedly brought it out and gave them.

Source: www.ayeeshpearlblog.org
Re: Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery by Kingosytex(m): 5:17am On Jun 14, 2019
buhari and all those concerned should really do something about this security issue.

the level of insecurity in nigeria is sky rocketting on a daily basis. people are being robbed, maimed and killed, this is not fair

the young girls destiny has been destroyed just for N 240,000. may her soul rest in peace
Re: Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery by saheedbadmus(m): 5:17am On Jun 14, 2019
ah
Re: Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery by Nbote(m): 6:26am On Jun 14, 2019
Before armed robbers only robbed banks, supermarkets and highways... Now na full dozen com rob kiosks and agbo sellers..
Re: Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery by Neddstark: 6:33am On Jun 14, 2019
Source please. Bloggers be manufacturing stories these days
Re: Teenager Shot In Ikotun Robbery by BIGGIE121(m): 6:36am On Jun 14, 2019
We are gradually getting to the next level

(1) (Reply)

WEIRD: Gorilla Swallows 6.8million Naira In Kano Zoo / Update: Helicopter On Benin-ore Road 'picked Up Stroke Victim' Not A 'big Boy' / Man Stripped For Impersonation At Oba’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.