Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano (15218 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / Female Teacher Commits Suicide In Kogi Over Lack Of Money (Photos) / 40-year-old Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2019
am4truth:

Friend, nothing at all should make you think of committing suicide. It is a crime against God and humanity.

God would ever be committed to you. Don't ever give up on God and yourself.
i watched a relative die of cancer bro. Aint going thru that
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Elliot2(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2019
am4truth:

Friend, nothing at all should make you think of committing suicide. It is a crime against God and humanity.

God would ever be committed to you. Don't ever give up on God and yourself.
Now,that is silly! who then holds your god n humanity for all their crimes?
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by wink2015(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
dachilino:
A teacher identified as Mr Femi Oguntumi, reportedly committed suicide in Kano state without any notice as confirmed by the police.

The teacher who committed suicide in Kano state, is said to be a staff of Karish College, Kawaji and reportedly lived in Dakata Quarters of the state. The state's police spokesperson, DSP Haruna Abdullahi who confirmed the incident said the deceased hung himself on a ceiling fan in his room at about 10pm.

He further revealed that they have already deposited Femi’s corpse at the Murtala Muhammad Hospital, and also commenced investigation into the actual reasons Femi committed suicide.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/15/teacher-commits-suicide-in-kano/

The death is very suspicious.

It looks like a murder by some evil people and then they decided to do "ARRANGEE" to give a false pretense that he hanged himself.

The police should do a thorough investigation.

Rest in Peace.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Originalsly: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
princeSammyz:

Rip Felix. I know the burden might have become so unbearable. But did you not remember your mum? Your siblings? You just let them down

Bro... no doubt... whatever the burden... it was unbearable and he saw death as the only escape. Maybe his mum and siblings were the burden.... as lecturer... maybe their demands were veryyyy unreasonable.
But I'm thinking about the brand ceiling fan that can manage to hold up such a hefty guy. The case need to be investigated.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Donenam(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
Sad
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by alizma: 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
princeSammyz:
Rip Felix. I know the burden might have become so unbearable. But did you not remember your mum? Your siblings? You just let them down

Sometimes those people are reason for the suicide. While you were in school, you would be reminded several times that you were being sponsored so that when you graduate, you can take care of your sponsors and also lessen their burden such as help in taken care of your younger ones. Somehow somewhat, you key into that by doing everything possible to come out with good grade, with high hope of getting a reasonable job after school. Then you finally announced to your community that you had graduated, they dance and celebrated "victory" over poverty. Vum, you jumped into the labour market for job but you were reject on many occasions because you had no one to speak for you. Finally you decided to settle for what is available irrespective of your area of interest, just when you thought you were ready to picked up the pieces of your shatter dreams, you realize that you only get paid for 1 of every 2 months you worked for, with the remain being in arrears till only God knows when.
Weeks roll into months and months into years, your parents are getting older, falling sick but you are yet to feed yourself talk more of sending money home. Then you stand before a mirror to ask yourself how did you get into this mess, suddenly you notice something whitish up the, that is your grey hair coming. Unfortunately you are yet to take your mind off how to take care of your aged parents before settling down to build your own life but there you are staring at your old age in the mirror. then you looked backed and just realized that you and your parents have been scammed of hundreds of thousand of naira in the name of school fee, text book etc. your time and your emotions manipulated like your were just a robot.
At this junction, it takes grace not to be suicidal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
princeSammyz:
what about if his mum is late and his siblings have dejected him... at least he doesn’t have to worry about anything anymore. The world won’t miss him either. Life goes on. We all gonna die at the end
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by tsinzu: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
Next level
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
The increase in depression, the increase in suidal thoughts, the increase in depression are all signs of nothing but the loss of the spirit of gratitude because if you can look beyond the cloud, you will see that silver lining, that opportunity to give God praise. Before someone gets to the point of taking their own life, before someone gets to the point of hopelessness, they have gotten to or crossed the bridge of ingratitude. There is nobody who is a thanksgiver, who is a worshipper, who is a person of gratitude that can fall for that demon. Even the bible said when Saul was being tormented by the evil spirit, the bible said David will play the harp, He will worship, He will sing psalms and melodies and that evil spirit will leave because God inhabit the praises of his people. I will say it again and again, every genuine worshipper can deal with the spirit of depression.
Oh father open the eyes of these ones to see and open their heart to understand...
Thank God for those who conquered depression and suicidal thought. Thank God for those still undergoing therapy for I know they will conquer! If you know anyone who is depressed, who is suicidal, give them my contact and let's kick the beast out for their lives for good.
#NoToDepression #NoToSuicide
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Denko2721987(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
What a shame.. My former area of residence.. May God console and lft the down trodden and depressed.. This country is very strange..
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Sukakma(m): 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Joromi12:
Only a terminal illness like cancer can mk me commit suicide
I have been battling cancer of the blood for ten years now and suicide has never crossed my mind for once..the sense of existence is the greatest happiness of all..
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by iamrashyy: 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ignorance they said is not an excuse. The so called guy was my friend neighbour and a Christian.
Cumtroller:
“Mr Femi Oguntumi”

Afonja moozlems at work. Exporting their stupidity to far away Kano State.

Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by iamrashyy: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
This is really a sad news. My friend who was his neighbour just called me and informed me of the sad news. One thing I know about the guy is that he has no friends, no girlfriend, in short, he his a lonely man. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by simplesearch: 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
hawksford:

Joromi12

For real?

Wait till any mental illness such as Depression, Eating Disorders, Bipolar or PSTD hits you hard

It's easy to say what you've said, it may not be easy for you to stand by it when you're hit

No one has monopoly of life's trouble, whatever the challenge one may be faced with in life be rest assured there are people facing same in ten folds. Suicide can never be an option no matter how extremely unbearable the situation may look or assume, otherwise only few people will be left in the world as we all have our trying times and low moments in life and these ones committing suicide can't be worst hit. Lets not provide excuse for people committing suicide as it will encourage others to tow that destructive pathway that only provides a short momentary escape. Suicide makes you abonimable before God, a shame to your friends and loved ones and a disappointment to your world. No matter the situation there is always a way out if only you take a moment of deep thought and ask for help.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by lebanonboy: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
He was a teacher of the school i attended in which i was one of the pioneers. it's charis college of kawaji quarters, not karish college pls. R.I.P he'll be missed.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by TheAlchemist: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
alizma:

Sometimes those people are reason for the suicide. While you were in school, you would be reminded several times that you were being sponsored so that when you graduate, you can take care of your sponsors and also lessen their burden such as help in taken care of your younger ones. Somehow somewhat, you key into that by doing everything possible to come out with good grade, with high hope of getting a reasonable job after school. Then you finally announced to your community that you had graduated, they dance and celebrated "victory" over poverty. Vum, you jumped into the labour market for job but you were reject on many occasions because you had no one to speak for you. Finally you decided to settle for what is available irrespective of your area of interest, just when you thought you were ready to picked up the pieces of your shatter dreams, you realize that you only get paid for 1 of every 2 months you worked for, with the remain being in arrears till only God knows when.
Weeks roll into months and months into years, your parents are getting older, falling sick but you are yet to feed yourself talk more of sending money home. Then you stand before a mirror to ask yourself how did you get into this mess, suddenly you notice something whitish up the, that is your grey hair coming. Unfortunately you are yet to take your mind off how to take care of your aged parents before settling down to build your own life but there you are staring at your old age in the mirror. then you looked backed and just realized that you and your parents have been scammed of hundreds of thousand of naira in the name of school fee, text book etc. your time and your emotions manipulated like your were just a robot.
At this junction, it takes grace not to be suicidal

People who are financially well to do also commit suicide it is not all about the finance.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by RealityShot: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
school Teacher work is soooooo fustratingly boring! You must keep you mind ALIVE with lots of other HUBBIES! or a side business
OR NAIRALAND.COM!!!!
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
eddieguru:
I keep wondering why people commit suicide ...I mean what on earth will make someone take his own life

Ignorance and lack of empathy is what makes you wonder.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by pesty100(m): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2019
It's like that episode of Doctor Who
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by alizma: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2019
TheAlchemist:

People who are financially well to do also commit suicide it is not all about the finance.
1 in every 5 suicide
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by studentofTruth: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
eddieguru:
I keep wondering why people commit suicide ...I mean what on earth will make someone take his own life

When you lie down at night but sleep couldn't cross your eyes for up to an hour almost on daily basis. The next morning you must get up and go to work. A work that requires your intellect. You feel groggy, mentally exhausted and have headaches. Yet, you must work. The brain must perform the tasks presented to it even while groans. And it continues on daily basis.

With time the muscles get affected, they ache badly. Although you hate sleeping pills, you have no option but to take it. You manage some 4-5 hours that night. The muscles get relieved a bid. But the brain is still under the influence of the drug, feeling foggy and very sluggish. It struggles to perform the tasks presented to it. You are feeling drowsy, you can attempt another nap but even though the drug still kept you drowsy, it's no longer strong enough to tip you over to the dream land. You get up but still can't function well. Yet, everyone expects you to deliver — do your duty well. Nobody ever understands what you're going through even when you tell them. And you can't afford to quit your job. If you can't work, how do earn a living?

If you find yourself in this situation for just two weeks, I bet you would want to live no more. Judge no one because you don't know what they're passing through!

3 Likes

Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by caye(m): 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
DanXplore:

Ignorance and lack of empathy is what makes you wonder.
NIGERIA SHOULD BE AN AREA OF INTEREST TO SOCIOLOGISTS WORLDWIDE
Seems the average Nigerian lacks the 'vitamins' of empathy and gentleness, due to a very harsh Hobbesian environment; of rule by might and brawn.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Omotayoodubote(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
What a permanent cure to a temporary problem

Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by habymi: 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2019
Cumtroller:
“Mr Femi Oguntumi”
Afonja moozlems at work. Exporting their stupidity to far away Kano State.
shut up
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Reference(m): 4:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
theomerio:
The Seven Wonders of 2019
1. Buhari being reelected as president after all the fumblings and mumblings of his first term.
2. Ganduje being reelected as governor after the series of shocking bribery videos online.
3. Omo Agege the Mace thief being nominated and voted deputy senate president after desecrating the hallowed chambers of the senate
4. INEC saying they have no server after Nigeria allocated almost 10bn naira for that purpose alone.
5. .....still counting. You can add your own (But don't come after me ooo. Go after your political monsters who kept you in this condition)

At this point, it is understandable if one gives up on Nigeria. The demon that is keeping her on stranglehold is too wicked.

And with the rate of Islamization and Fulanization of this Next level, the arduous journey is just beginning.
Make nobody run ooo.....

Just too many anomalies for a country to bear. Everyone is fed up.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by hawksford: 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
simplesearch:

No one has monopoly of life's trouble, whatever the challenge one may be faced with in life be rest assured there are people facing same in ten folds. Suicide can never be an option no matter how extremely unbearable the situation may look or assume, otherwise only few people will be left in the world as we all have our trying times and low moments in life and these ones committing suicide can't be worst hit. Lets not provide excuse for people committing suicide as it will encourage others to tow that destructive pathway that only provides a short momentary escape. Suicide makes you abonimable before God, a shame to your friends and loved ones and a disappointment to your world. No matter the situation there is always a way out if only you take a moment of deep thought and ask for help.

I love your response, for real smiley

It's my perspective too, I've actually been through depression (it wasn't circumstantial, more of chemical imbalances in the system) for about 2years, but I chose life.

I totally know what the hell it feels like and if anyone perchance takes his life, I wouldn't judge/blame him/her after his/her demise because I know what the pains & torture feels like. And just like your perspective states I equally don't approve of suicide

However, the need to bring sensitization and awareness on mental health to people is what I stand for, that people should build the empathy to know what those feelings are like so they can care for people around them who may have that ish and probably prevent the possibilities of a suicide case

Most people are ignorant about these things, and the way they stigmatize or behave when such matters are heard doesn't ameliorate things at all. It worsens them

This is just my angle of view... Joo get?
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Rajosh(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2019
Sukakma:
I have been battling cancer of the blood for ten years now and suicide has never crossed my mind for once..the sense of existence is the greatest happiness of all..
May God grant you total healing
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Rajosh(m): 7:55am On Jun 16, 2019
iamrashyy:
Ignorance they said is not an excuse. The so called guy was my friend neighbour and a Christian.
I work at Charis college kawaji layout Dakata And there's a Mr Femi there. I'm quite new there so I don't know his surname. This report says Karish College. so I'm not sure if it was a mistake or there's actually another school called Karish College.
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Rajosh(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2019
lebanonboy:
He was a teacher of the school i attended in which i was one of the pioneers. it's charis college of kawaji quarters, not karish college pls. R.I.P he'll be missed.
oh my God! you just made me confirmed it now. gosh it's Mr Femi
Re: Femi Oguntumi: Teacher Commits Suicide In Kano by Sukakma(m): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2019
Rajosh:
May God grant you total healing
Amen..thanks very much..I really appreciate this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Filling Station In Ebonyi, Shoot Sporadically / Tope Kutiyi, ChannelsTV Correspondent Kidnapped In Owerri / Nigeria Ranked The 5th Highest Rate Of Suicide In The World By Spectator Index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.