Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Timing Belt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Timing Belt (1351 Views)

2001 Toyota Camry Timing Belt Issues / Please Where Can I Buy OEM Timing Belt For 2001 Camry In Abuja / 5 Causes Of Timing Chain Noise In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timing Belt by prosper427(m): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2019
Hello house, does anyone know what timing belt is best to use on a 2000 Camry I have bought three in one month ever since the one that came with the engine cut on my way from Lagos to Benin.
Re: Timing Belt by nurey(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
prosper427:
Hello house, does anyone know what timing belt is best to use on a 2000 Camry I have bought three in one month ever since the one that came with the engine cut on my way from Lagos to Benin.

original bando timing belt would set you back around 10k

but check your pulleys they maybe out of sync reason for the frequent snap

1 Like

Re: Timing Belt by prosper427(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2019
A mechanic just changed one for me yesterday he said the reason I keep having timing belt issue is because I have been buying brand new one and they are of less quality.

Now he brought a fairly used belt commonly called Belgium this one is quite tiny he assured me this one would last longer than the previous one. It cost me around 10k both the belt and fixing,I hope this one last.
Re: Timing Belt by ruby360: 10:05am On Jun 16, 2019
Avoid road side mechanics and have peace of mind.

The guy doesn't know you have to change your original timming belt, water pump and pulley together. Do this and you will never have any with that area in 4 years.
Re: Timing Belt by sacx: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
prosper427:
A mechanic just changed one for me yesterday he said the reason I keep having timing belt issue is because I have been buying brand new one and they are of less quality.

Now he brought a fairly used belt commonly called Belgium this one is quite tiny he assured me this one would last longer than the previous one. It cost me around 10k both the belt and fixing,I hope this one last.

Unless the brand new you bought is not OEM, a Belgium cannot be of superior quality. Avoid kazeems.
Re: Timing Belt by prosper427(m): 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thanks Ruby but how do I know an OEM belt? And you said I have to change my water pump pulley is that really necessary.??

I want to know everything because I am really fed up with this timing belt stuff, it's driving me nuts.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Between 2010 Acura TSX Vs 2010 Camry SE / Help Needed! I Need To Fix My Car To Pay Back N1m Loan / Mclaren Mercedes-benz SLR - UAE National Day Celebration Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.