Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,337 members, 7,957,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) (62163 Views)

Zidane Watched Inter Miami Cup Final Loss, Meets David Beckham And Lionel Messi / Serena Williams In Tears After Semi-final Loss To Naomi Osaka (Photos, Video) / Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by excel101(m): 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Mikel Obi is a far greater player than Okocha ever was. Football no be to come dey dance for field dey do unnecessary skills wey no get end product.

Lol.. We started watching football from the days of Emmanuel okala, Harrison mecha and kunle awesu.. Where was your grand father then. Doubt he had even started growing pubic hair
Indomie generation like you that always get your info online through google, cos if really you watched Emmanuel Okala like you claimed to, it mean you know mathematical Odegbami, and Co. it invariably meant that you watched Okocha and its the more reason why you don't need to say KANU was better than Okocha.
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by KingAzubuike(f): 11:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
excel101:
Indomie generation like you that always get your info online through google, cos if really you watched Emmanuel Okala like you claimed to, it mean you know mathematical Odegbami, and Co. it invariably meant that you watched Okocha and its the more reason why you don't need to say KANU was better than Okocha.
Dude, its my opinion and if it doesn't suites you shove it up your dry ass. I watched okocha, I watched Mikel. In my opinion, Mikel was/is way better and more useful in the national team.
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by DonMekino(m): 12:28am On Jun 16, 2019
pixtuk:
Okocha follow kill us that day with some unnecessary dribbling and showboating. But the cameroonians played very very well
go an re-watch the match, the Camerounians actually started well and scored two goals, but after okocha and Chukwu ndukwe equalised, the Cameroonians were under ropes, poor scoring touch killed Nigeria, we were not in any way outplayed.... that was also the greatest generation of Cameroun players. Mind u SE came from energy sapping quarter finals against stubborn Senegalese team. they actually tried, but penalty shootout is anybody game
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 16, 2019
But kanu tall oo..

See as okorocha short like iberiberim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by MrCEO69(m): 12:46am On Jun 16, 2019
I sha cried that day.. Very much I was 7yrs old then..
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by theDEVILisHERE: 2:36am On Jun 16, 2019
first experience of heartbreak
very very very painful match

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by DelphiOracle(m): 4:29am On Jun 16, 2019
INTERMAN:
The final match between NIgeria and Cameroun at the final of the 2000 nations cup hosted by Nigeria in Lagos. Nigeria lost to cameroun after a penalty shootout. Kanu was seen crying as OKocha consoled him. A lot of Nigerians cry after that lose.?
but d tailor wey dey see their jersey that time no try o.
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by DelphiOracle(m): 4:37am On Jun 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Mikel Obi is a far greater player than Okocha ever was. Football no be to come dey dance for field dey do unnecessary skills wey no get end product.

Lol.. We started watching football from the days of Emmanuel okala, Harrison mecha and kunle awesu.. Where was your grand father then. Doubt he had even started growing pubic hair
if u like watch football with Adam n Eve. Mikel is just opportune to win medals n trophies. Commitment n style of play, Mikel no near
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by Kingjjo(m): 8:12am On Jun 16, 2019
See how rumpled the shorts are. Ndiala
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by ehinmowo: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2019
kernniejay:

When did I comment on yeyebrity or killing? I can see the weed you smoked is working. Btw, tell me how the Nations Cup you lost 19years ago impact your life in 2019?

not the cup. the labour of those involved is worth remembering.
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by excel101(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Dude, its my opinion and if it doesn't suites you shove it up your dry ass. I watched okocha, I watched Mikel. In my opinion, Mikel was/is way better and more useful in the national team.
You're right, its your opinion. enjoy.
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by steperone(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
jeeqaa7:
Who sew that jersey?

Lool... This is supposed to be the topic of this post!!
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
pixtuk:
Okocha follow kill us that day with some unnecessary dribbling and showboating. But the cameroonians played very very well

Not true.He was our best performer that day and he capped it with a thunderous shot of a goal(Our 2nd of the day and the equalizer) after Raphael Chukwu Ndukwe had reduced the deficit to 2-1.Truth remains that the Cameroonian side were the best that year because penalty kicks are a lottery.
The pain for me was not just the Ikpeba's refusal to celebrate(NO THANKS TO NO USE OF VAR THEN),but also that was the 3rd time Cameroon would beat us in the finals(Maroc '88 being the most annoying as Henry Nwosu's call for a penalty was overturned only for a mirror-image of same foul to be awarded on bringing down Roger Milla which Emma Kunde duly converted). THAT CUP WAS FIRST SHOWCASED IN 1980 IN LAGOS AND IT SHOULD HAVE REMAINED(THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN OUR THIRD AS WELL) AND FINALLY ISSA HAYATOU'S(FORMER CAF PRESIDENT) SINISTER AGENDA AGAINST US PAID OFF(THE 2 NATIONS CUP BAN ALTHOUGH 1996 WAS A WITHDRAWAL VIA LATE GEN.SANI ABACHA'S ORDER,1998 WAS WELL CALCULATED).HAD WE BEEN TO ONE OF THESE TWO CONSIDERING OUR POST USA'94 FORM AND ABUNDANCE OF STARS PLAYING TOP FLIGHT THEN THAT VERSION OF THE AFCON CUP WOULD HAVE RESTED IN NIGERIA BEFORE 2000.
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by Fathertony: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
jeeqaa7:
Who sew that jersey?
popcorn grin
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by chocboi78(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2019
Dat ikpeba na idiot I swr
Re: Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) by Homers123(m): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2019
Rednaxelot:
After that Victor Ikpeba penalty wasn’t counted
The goal was "counted" ten years later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olga Diyachenko's Father Is Dead (Mikel Obi's Babymama's Dad) / Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema, Other Football Stars Enjoying Their Vacation (Photos) / Chichi Igbo Kisses Her New Boyfriend (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.