Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me (24493 Views)

POS Business Has Ruined My Life / Which Online Business Has Made You Money This Period? / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by nauto11: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
Start again

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2019

Just as your bad grammar shows that you lack adequate knowledge in the use of English Language, you lacked the needed information in Organic skin care business. How do I know? Do you have a business plan NO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:
Hello everyone.Am a guy in in early twenties,.
I wanted a better life for myself, without the help of anyone,.

So I collected a loan from a friend, he lent me a 100k to start the organic skincare business, two months ago.
Which we agreed on an interest of 13.5%, and had it on papers too.

So I was able to make production in two weeks,.
Fast forward.

So I was unable to pay the interest rate of 13.5%, so Iwas able to pay 10%, which is 10,000.

The guy got mad, he was really angry.
But due to d fact my skincare products is just still new, sales was just so poor.

Now I am to pay him, today for the interest unlucky for me I fell into the hands of some fraudsters, I lost my money. But the issue is, I can't pay the interest now, my business isn't showing any positivity. Am frustrated, I need advice on what next to do.

He is now sending me message and insults, thinking am doing this on purpose..

Please mind my grammar and punctuations

Lesson number one, you don't borrow money to start business... You borrow money to grow it

Except it is a long term loan 5-7yrs

7 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Houseofglam7(f): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
Your greed ruined ya undecided
You wanted overnight riches.
See what you done to yo self undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by sapeleboi(m): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
oyo means on your own
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Hotfreezer: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Your friend gave you funding and you fell into the hands of scammers. If you weren't greedy, scammers won't scam you.

Police would still enter this matter and your family members would pay back every penny.

4 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by dapadawee: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
awon auditor general
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by hushpapi(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
Pls be calm you are still alive you can pay back. Just talk to him if their is anything you can give to stand till the money is available. Or you can talk to an elder person to follow u to talk to him. Every business will always come with profit and lost only charity comes with profit and no
Lost

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by blackjack21(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

So I collected a loan from a friend, he lent me a 100k to start the organic skincare business, two months ago.

Fast forward.

So I was unable to pay the interest rate of 13.5%, so Iwas able to pay 10%, which is 10,000.

But due to d fact my skincare products is just still new, sales was just so poor.

Now I am to pay him, today for the interest unlucky for me I fell into the hands of some fraudsters, I lost my money. But the issue is, I can't pay the interest now, my business isn't showing any positivity. Am frustrated, I need advice on what next to do.

3,500 that's the remainder for the loan you took. It's a shameless and lack of character to try to renegotiate a loan.
Go and sort out your creditor first. Make him understand that you want to pay him only that you need a little more time.
If you play wi your creditor you won't be on the right platform, ethically and morally, to do business.

3 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by dingbang(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
Instead of you to advertise on social media.. Nairaland, Instagram

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by hopexter(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
You wanted a better life for yourself without the help of anyone and yet you took a loan from a Friend. Is a loan not a help from someone? Your mentality alone showed that you're too immature to start a business in the first place.

" A man on a mission without a vision will end in Division" Discover to recover. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by AntiWailer: 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
Pele
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by crackhouse(m): 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

If I am one of them will I come here and cast my self.
so ur post is not true then? Are u trying to solicit for money?

3 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Offpoint1: 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

Fast forward.

Don't panic bro, every success comes with failure. Don't give up either, call your or meet him in person and iron issues out.

on your business, restrategize.

that's all I have to say

2 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by crackhouse(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

If I am one of them will I come here and cast my self.
so what did u do exactly? Collected money and paid?
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by BoboKush(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
What I don't understand is.... Did u lose the whole 100k or u can't meet up with interest only

4 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Forreellinc: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

Fast forward.

Broke motherfucker

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
Seriously, people think when they have the craft they are good to go. Marketing skills and strategy is important.
No market strategies drafted. That's why the business failed. Never give up though, try again but this time plan well

2 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by kunleweb: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

Fast forward.

Yu need to get back your friend. How much is the money let's hel you get cash and get back your friend. A friend that can loan money is a good one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Kenneth10110(m): 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
I don't want to blame you for anything all i can tell you things will get better cuz starting a business and expecting it to boom so fast is nt a good mindset while starting. Just try to settle your friend and face the biz also try side hustles if you can cope. Good luck 100% wishing you success.

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by charles009(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Now tell us more about the interest rate: is it a monthly flat rate or per annum.

Now if you pay 10% on borrowed funds to fund a new product, I would call it utter stupidity.

Ensure you repay the loan asap, less you mess up your finances.

3 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by BoboKush(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
nauto11:
Start again

Borrow him money to start na
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by kunleweb: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
shogotermies:

Thanks

I have something to tell you
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
See, go back to your village. Get a property and sell. Come back to the city, pay the dude, buy sense with the balance.

Fine, guy see don't borrow to start business. Okay?
Start hustle, come back to your business again, don't quit. It will serve as a lesson.

3 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by henrixx(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Ugosample(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Nigerians and their insensitivity undecided

This is not what the OP needs ATM

he need advice

maybe the OP should have gone to Reddit or Quora, there are more sensible souls there
compared to the animals prevalent in NiggerArea

5 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by davillian(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
Rule number 1 never take a loan with interest to start a business.
Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by chloride6: 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
13.5% per month or per year?

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by Offpoint1: 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
TheOptimist78:

I raised money(2.6million naira) for my business without borrowing and all those Cooperative societies you're talking about. He can do it with the right mindset and strategies. Once again, it's not really a good idea to borrow money for a business as he has painfully learnt
you raise 2.6 mil doesn't make all fingers equal. we came from different families and different responsibilities.

you may earn 100k and save 70k monthly, and someone else may earn 200k and unable to save 30k a month.
Our responsibilities differs

18 Likes

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by henrixx(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
henrixx:
OP you can get back up. Forget the negative minds here that are mocking you. I too lost about 650k on my first buisiness. 400k in it was a loan. And I got back up by changing buisiness after I realized my mistakes. I paid back the loan in a year.

Kindly take some quiet time reflect on what went wrong.
Explain to your friend how it went. And Plead with him to give you time to sort things out.
See how you can revive your skin care biz. If you could pay 10% that means you can still do better. Maybe you should go for another loan with lesser interest to see how you can get things backup.

shogotermies:

Fast forward.

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by kunleweb: 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
blackjack21:

3,500 that's the remainder for the loan you took. It's a shameless and lack of character to try to renegotiate a loan.
Go and sort out your creditor first. Make him understand that you want to pay him only that you need a little more time.
If you play wi your creditor you won't be on the right platform, ethically and morally, to do business.

Thanks for being the first to mention the actual balance. 3500 Naira. Why should someone who handled 100k find it hard to Reay or renegotiate aymebt on 3500�

1 Like

Re: My Business Has Failed! Please Advise Me by kunleweb: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
Offpoint1:

you raise 2.6 mil doesn't make all fingers equal. we came from different families and different responsibilities.

you may earn 100k and save 70k monthly, and someone else may earn 200k and unable to save 30k a month.
Our responsibilities differs

wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cheques Can Now Be Paid Into Savings Accounts – CBN / AMCON Takes Over Festus Fadeyi's Pan Ocean Assets Over N240b Debt / "Respect The Naira, Beware Of EFCC" Banner Displayed At A Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.