Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items (24381 Views)

Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit / Importers Of Off-spec Petrol Must Be Held Accountable - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by IMASTEX: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
chizpim:
Why not ban importers of refined crude oil, where large choke of forieghn exchanged goes into...
It is also a misery seeing that the country sell crude at almost zero cash. And letter rebuy the finished product 3 times the prices.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Lovelyn451(f): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2019
iammo:
cool

first person to wail about this has to be a yamree
berebe
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
anytime I saw something like this happens what comes to my mind is whether the federal government were considers the masses what will become of the independent entrepreneurs who their source of living is indulging in trading of same products
I bleeds for my country
God help us against our tyrannical government
they are all selfish and greedy due to their personal interest�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by vaxx: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
For those of us who are good at mathematics, a barrel of palm oil is more expensive than barrel of oil. Palm oil can generate more hard currency for the country than oil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Lovelyn451(f): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
iammo:

since you are quoting me, educating your bitter self is not out of place.... so son before you go about quoting people or mods try and have a simple violations because quoting people wont save you from been call what you are..... grin yamree
a nyamiri is still better than a berebe
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Iziquiel(m): 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
Umsel5195:
anytime I saw something like this happens what comes to my mind is whether the federal government were considers the masses what will become of the independent entrepreneurs who their source of living is indulging in trading of same products
I bleeds for my country
And you think importing what we can conveniently produce will help grow our economy?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Briller: 10:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
omonla10:
Small small o Mr President.. strict measures like this were partly responsible for d devaluation of the naira against d dollar few years ago

Has that not happened already Just watch!
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by kelvd4real(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
Umsel5195:
I bleeds for my country

I think the problem here is not understanding what the directive says. The directive is to blacklist from the banking system any firm, its owner and top management caught smuggling or dumping any of the 43 items that are not eligible for foreign exchange.
This does not stop people who import it legitimately from doing their business. The only thing is that they will have to source for their foreign currency from the alternate market at a higher rate because Government has stopped subsidizing those items.
So, if you import legally through the ports, pay your import and custom duties as required, then you shouldn't be concerned. But if your so called trade is illegal smuggling, then this should concern you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by chukxie(m): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2019
This is a step in the right direction. I'm not a fan of Buhari, but in this regard I'm for him. Any moves geared towards making Nigeria and its economic better is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by awoluyi(m): 4:48am On Jun 16, 2019
What is "viable off-taker arrangements? "
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by TSRC: 4:50am On Jun 16, 2019
Thank you, mr obvious.

Even a 10 year old would have done this long ago.

Analog president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Mcreloaded(m): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2019
I was expecting to see groundnut (groundnut pyramid) on the list

Like some one said when cost of importation is cheaper than cost of production it encourages smuggling.

Government should take care of electricity to reduce cost of production and see if Nigeria as a whole will not wake up, not to fuel importation we dey talk.

An individual is building refinery and yet government that controlls a full country and that can borrow easily from China can not build or repair it's refinery.

Take care of electricity and fuel with roads leave the rest for Nigerians to develop like health sector and Agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by missCAPS: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2019
Nice policy!
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Bluntemperor: 7:32am On Jun 16, 2019
it is unfortunate that we can get Govt simple communication that we should meet our local need without imports.simple in the sense that it is from Nigeria that Malaysia took oil palm seed and there after exporting same to us.
Can CBN list those items again for all Nigerians to see if we can produce them locally?.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by hisgrace090: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2019
chizpim:
Wait ooo, so na catfish we go dey chop now.. Jesu!

Cat fish to take over if there's any.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by KingEzo: 8:03am On Jun 16, 2019
This is a good news. at least this development will help the country to regain her glory.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by zuto4u(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2019
Good one Mr. President

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Justice M. L Garba Replaces Zainab Bulkachuwa At Presidential Election Tribunal / We Have Crossed The Rubicon - Shettima / This Thread Is For All Concerned Rivers People, Please Come In And Save Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.