Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items (24380 Views)

Stop Payment To MDA's Till Further Notice, Tinubu Orders CBN / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit / Importers Of Off-spec Petrol Must Be Held Accountable - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Extraordinaire(f): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2019
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by NwaforIgbo: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2019
Abia State in the right track to benefit from this program.. The governor has already planted 2 million palm trees..

https://thenationonlineng.net/abia-plants-two-million-palms/
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by justuschi50: 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
Definetech56:
Tyale to Mr president

This country must move forward

May Allah Bless the president abundantly

All the lifeless youth that call themselves Yahoo Yahoo, they need to blacklist their entire generation, cos such people can sell the entire country if they have chances
wetin concern yahoo with this trend, human beings self
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by CioAngels(f): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Yes o. chemical and multiple coloured palm oil. Poison.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by udemzyudex(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
Nice one Mr president.
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Efegoma(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2019
Where is my hoe and cutlass I must go back to the farm. If I start to produce Palm oil then I own an oil company. Since palm oil is more expensive than crude I go get money pass Chevron and Exxonmobil put together. Buhari carry go !!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by 9jaRealist: 4:28am On Jun 18, 2019
kelvd4real:
I think the problem here is not understanding what the directive says. The directive is to blacklist from the banking system any firm, its owner and top management caught smuggling or dumping any of the 43 items that are not eligible for foreign exchange.
This does not stop people who import it legitimately from doing their business. The only thing is that they will have to source for their foreign currency from the alternate market at a higher rate because Government has stopped subsidizing those items.
So, if you import legally through the ports, pay your import and custom duties as required, then you shouldn't be concerned. But if your so called trade is illegal smuggling, then this should concern you.

So why stop at only those 43 items?
When obviously the smuggling or dumping of ANY import is illegal.

I suspect dude did not understand those items are not prohibited...
But are merely excluded from sourcing forex from the official CBN window.
>
Re: Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items by Alejobs: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
Nobody can make you angry without your permission

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Resigns As Niger Delta Affairs Minister / Sylva To Oshiomhole, “you Are A Liar And Mischief Maker” / Army Hands Over Rakiya Abubakar, Newly Found Chibok Girl To Borno Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.