Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC (23696 Views)

No Link Between 5G, COVID-19, Says NCC / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 / NCC Approves Spectrum For 5G Trial In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by dochenaj: 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2019
michlins:
you talking about an ideal world. Such speeds is only obtainable in Singapore and South Korea and other handful nations. Remember bro, 80% of Nigerians use mobile network thereby putting heavy weight on the available infrastructure. About Glo network reception being bad in your area, mtn is so bad that I can only make calls with it.
That exactly is my point. They should endeavour to have a uniform and steady service all over the country, even if it is 3G before jumping up and down offering us highfalutin 5G that is a mirage.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Abuheekmat:

First of all.. Am a Muslim not Hausa.
Second, am a Muslim and I don't vote or concern myself with politics
Lastly, you need not vent your frustration on me.. This is a matter of kindness .. It's not by force.. If you help, fine.. And if you don't.. Fine
Let me tell you one thing. Before I joined NL I use to be a guest for like 8 years. Bro when I know NL there's nothing like spamming posts. I have seeing another topic joining another topic .It irritates me as hell. Young man create a thread maybe other aboki them go see am help you but no de carry am spam topics besides you get lock say I no report am na deleting them for delete am.
Good night I no talk again. Meet other aboki them go help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
linearity:

I agree completely by this assessment.

But you should understand that, despite the fact that in the US these new technologies e.g. 5G and future next generation technologies are not accessible by the general public; it does not equate to ‘US lagging behind’.

These technologies were incubated, tested and formulated by major US players and in most part in the US before they are released to be deployed in other part of the world.

AT&T one of the major Telecommunication companies in the US is the major player in 3gpp and if you look up 3gpp membership roster, you will be surprised at the number of US players. 3gpp is the international body that come up with the design and formulation of all next generation telecommunication technologies including 5G and many US companies involved in defunding what the 5G standards are today, have tested 5G in the US before they were released.

We have many 5G deployments and tests going on today in the US, which is driving IoT, VR, AR, AI, etc, it is just that most of these innovations on 5G are not open to the general public.

Unlike some part of US and major Asia countries; the US government does not fund mobile rollouts; infact the telecom companies have to purchase frequencies from the government and these are profit making companies in a capitalist countries. AT&T shareholders does care about the next fastest technologies out there, they want to see their share prices and investments go up, as a result it is the consumers in the US that drive these deployments.

If consumption grows to the level where users are willing on average to pay higher prices for 5G, the technology will be rapidly made available to them in the US.

Cell coverage have started showing up on many subway stations. When the subway was built in the 1900s there was no anticipation for our current mobile reality and these subways are very deep in the ground.

You are very correct. When it comes to research and development I give it to the US, I am awed by the amount of investments they make for new technologies. The same applies for other sectors.

It's also true that some of these technologies are not yet in the public domain and because of the large geographical area compared to other countries, the investments for 2 or 3 states in the US is much more than other countries. You have a good grasp of the economics of the sector and I couldn't agree more.

However, the ISPs declare huge profits and US residents are big spenders so an additional 10 or 20 bucks/month is negligible for new service
For the investors/shareholders competition will take care of them....no wonder some of the providers continue to play gimmick by using marketing terms to deceive consumers. They give names while not fully implementing the 3gpp standard.

When I visited I tested AT&T Nighthawk 5g router and it was a big leap. I also know that deployments are underway to cover a larger part of the Nation by next year.

The fixed broadband sector is doing pretty well with gigabit internet widespread and affordable in many cities.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by ORIJIN201(m): 11:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
persius555:

You would be amazed how underserved lagos, with its relatively better earning power is, when you scale with other west african cities. There is a need in major cities in nigeria but telcos would rather not invest ( i agree that, sometimes the regulatory but isnt doing enough).

A for the bolded, there is a need for broadband penetration in order to help lift people out of poverty, the excuse that rural ares cannot afford them is a worse form of discrimination. Wwatch how they would rush for 5G when 4G is currently poorly deployed.
Serious points raised. but I have moved from mobile data to broadband which is a bit more expensive for the regular mobile users.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 17, 2019
donziggyman:
Let me tell you one thing. Before I joined NL I use to be a guest for like 8 years. Bro when I know NL there's nothing like spamming posts. I have seeing another topic joining another topic .It irritates me as hell. Young man create a thread maybe other aboki them go see am help you but no de carry am spam topics besides you get lock say I no report am na deleting them for delete am.
Good night I no talk again. Meet other aboki them go help you.

You are really a saddist.. Is it aboki you have problems with or Muslims? Keep your problems to yourself dude.. Stop behaving like a nutjob
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2019
Abuheekmat:

You are really a saddist.. Is it aboki you have problems with or Muslims? Keep your problems to yourself dude.. Stop behaving like a nutjob
Wow well it takes a saddist to spot a saddist. Deal with it! I hate anything aboki! Or anything related to aboki. I rather mingle with Yoruba than aboki. Besides it's an insult to compare gworo chewing retarded people to SS. rubbish. If you're pained next time don't use your matter to spam topics here. Just create your own topic I won't bother about that. Mumu raised to power 100.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2019
uuzba:

Nna men, I visited Owerri in 2015. Ordinary WhatsApp message was hanging.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
donziggyman:
Wow well it takes a saddist to spot a saddist. Deal with it! I hate anything aboki! Or anything related to aboki. I rather mingle with Yoruba than aboki. Besides it's an insult to compare gworo chewing retarded people to SS. rubbish. If you're pained next time don't use your matter to spam topics here. Just create your own topic I won't bother about that. Mumu raised to power 100.

If you hate aboki.. That's your problem. Am a Yoruba Muslim.. Why hating me then?..

Seems am talking with a kid.. Grown ups don't say shit like you are doing ..

Grow up bro
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by sureinfo: 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
i can only imagine what this 5g will feel like on my tecno device.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by lagosinnovator: 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
People are still using 2G in all the states in this country. NCC una don start abi.
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nwabuikenna: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
Are u saying 4G is not needed
Re: Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC by Nwabuikenna: 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2019
I have a Gionee x1s have 4g direct but it can't make calls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Compensation From MTN Nigeria After My Earlier Complaints / Have U Come Accross Tecno T731, Is It Origin Tecno And Andriod Too / Picture Of MTN Airplane Promo Winner: Ebube Essien-garricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.