Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,014 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Mistakes You Should Not Make As An Aspiring Writer/author - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mistakes You Should Not Make As An Aspiring Writer/author (216 Views)

Do You Have To Be A Writer/ Author To Be A Publisher With Amazon KDP? / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success / Networking Mistakes You Might Be Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mistakes You Should Not Make As An Aspiring Writer/author by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
#Writers_Series

1. Do not compare yourself with another person.
Maybe you just saw someone put up a creative content and you are like, "Oh my God, will I ever measure up with this? Please, be yourself! You are you and that person is who they are.

2. I am not good at writing.
Well, no one is; but with constant practice, we all get better by the day.

3. I do not have time.
No one is married to time. Planning and determination do magic.

If you devote 20 minutes to writing daily, no matter how slow you are, you must have produced a five hundred word content by the end of the day. Just give it a trial. What it means is that you have nothing less than 3,500 words content weekly and 14,000 words a month.

Hey! It is that simple. With that, you are just some steps to owning a book. You may even begin with 100 words per 20 mins, as a beginner, and then improve later. So that you do not suffer goal paralysis.

4. I do not have what to write.
Me neither. I just define what I want to write and what to write flows as soon as I take off writing. You will lose 100% the fight you did not fight.

5. I lack inspiration.
Then create one! Find what inspires you, master your prime time and utilize alone moments. (You can check out my post: THE INSPIRATION OF A WRITER for more details on this. Click here to read http:///2QdxTwU )

I will always say it that "writing is as easy as eating" if through consistency you fall in love with it.

Have I added value to your day?

Join http://fb.com/groups/thevipwriters for more.

Nwagu Uchechukwu
Content Creator || Writers' Guide

(1) (Reply)

Inuwa Felicitates With Gombe NBA / I Need A Bilingual/french-speaking Job / Creating A Site Like Toxicwap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.