Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

How To Be Assured Of Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be Assured Of Salvation (189 Views)

The Baptism Of Jesus Is The Antitype Of Salvation For Sinners / Peace Ibiyeomie Of Salvation Ministries Showers Widows With Christmas Gifts. Pix / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Assured Of Salvation by herlecks(m): 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Assurance Of Salvation

John 15:4
Abide in me, and I in you..

To be assured of salvation, two actions must be undertaken. One is carried out by God, the other by the believer. Ephesians 5:30; For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. This is the first part carried out by God when we respond to the gift of salvation by faith, He puts us into His Son. Here is our part, John 15:5-7; I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. "If a man abide not in me," he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Haven been put into Christ, we must willingly remain there! 1 John 5:11; And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. There is no life anywhere else but in the Son and we must remain therein. If any man step out of Christ such has lost his salvation, for there is no salvation anywhere else but in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).

We must note that the Lord never said, "I will make you stay in Me or I have made you stay in me," but He says, "remain in Me!" Why? Because we have been given grace, empowered to do so by His Spirit. This alone are we all called to, to remain in Christ! Lest if we abide not in Him we get cast away as a branch and are withered, burned eternally. But how does one remain in Christ? 1 John 4:13-16; Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. What is love toward God and my neighbors? Love is not some sick emotional display as the world paints it to be, Love means seeking the highest pleasure and glory of God in all circumstances of life, and seeking the highest and greatest good, peace, and benefit of my neighbors always! This is what it means to remain in Christ, this is the only assurance we have, if we continue in biblical love.

(1) (Reply)

God's Plan 4 You / A Word From GOD: By His Ward: To A Damned And The Most Accursed. / "Hell" And "Hell Fire" Is There Any Different?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.