Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story (2742 Views)

2023: Only APC Can Produce Igbo Presidency, Sen. Kalu Declares / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition / “We Are Hungry, Thirsty To Receive 2020 Appropriation Bill” – Sen. Lawan (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by Splashme: 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
kayfra:

Alex Ekwueme competed with Obasanjo in the PDP primaries and was thoroughly beaten. Same way with Onu in AD.

The president wasn't given to the SW. It was earned.

Lol, you ain't honest to yourself.

Ekwueme contesting against OBJ in that PDP primaries was a mere formality.
Nigerians already knew the power brokers had zeroed in on OBJ to compensate for Abiola/June 12.

Ogbonaiya Onu actually won APP's presidential ticket at their Kaduna convention but was later prevailed upon to
cede it to Chief Olu Falaye of AD because of this same Abiola/June 12. Onu graciously obliged even though APP then
was much bigger than AD where Chief Falaye came from.

You don't know history.
Go and learn

Cc: raumdeuter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by kayfra: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Splashme:

Nigerians already knew the power brokers had zeroed in on OBJ to compensate for Abiola/June 12.

Ogbonaiya Onu actually won APP's presidential ticket at their Kaduna convention but was later prevailed upon to
cede it to Chief Olu Falaye of AD because of this same Abiola/June 12. Onu graciously obliged even though APP then

You don't know history.
Go and learn

Cc: raumdeuter

That's history I stated. You just want to spin it to suit your narrative

The SE should field candidates in APC and PDP. It's a level playing field. grin
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by raumdeuter: 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
Splashme:

You don't know history.
Go and learn

Cc: ramdeuter

Obasanjo contested PDP ticket with Ekwueme and used his political and negotiating powers to defeat Ekwueme

APP chose Onu but Falae and AD negotiated to be the senior partner in the AD/APP Alliance which saw the AD presidential aspirant lead the ticket and APP Umaru Shinkafi was the running mate

Obasanjo and Falae contested the ticket, it wasnt handed to them. Jonathan contested the ticket and it wasnt handed to him

Ibos too should contest the party ticket and stop waiting for ticket to be handed to them

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by zoedew: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by voiceofthetruth: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
Halopy:
My own question is, should south west always get the presidency on special concessions? Is south east not part of Nigeria, are they not qualified to contest the presidency? Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder and the explosion is minus one day today. Why must the north collectively cede the presidency to the south before the south can produce the President? Why can't anyone from any part of the country contest the presidency and any winner emerges fairly? Why can't we have a kind of whitepaper or some sort of agreement duly consented by every region guiding compulsory rotational presidency between the north and the south every 8years? Why must the south be begging the north before they will ever be allowed to produce the president? Why must the south be compensated with presidency for M.K.O's death. It should be the right of every tribe in Nigeria be it major or minor to produce the president. That's fairness. That's equity. That's Justice. That's what is right.

Lol. You're just a novice when it comes to Nigeria. Keep on dreaming.. Lol
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by Splashme: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
@Kayfra & raumdeuter

You guys appear filled with so much hate for IBOs, why?
Will this country ever be united?

Please, I am not from South East, not Igbo either.

I don't know why every voice that opposes APC govt is
suddenly termed Igbo.

You have by your comments succeeded in painting my thread as
a 'Yoruba vs Igbo' battle. This hate is too much na

1 Like

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by raumdeuter: 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2019
Splashme:
@Kayfra & ramdeuter

suddenly termed Igbo.

a 'Yoruba vs Igbo' battle. This hate is too much na[/b][/size]

So anyone who tells Ibo to contest like others have been doing hates Ibo?

Like OBJ contested like Jonathan contested is that too much to ask for? Or that is now hatred

Thats why no one takes you serious
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by Splashme: 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
raumdeuter:

So anyone who tells Ibo to contest like others have been doing hates Ibo?

Like OBJ contested like Jonathan contested is that too much to ask for? Or that is now hatred

Thats why no one takes you serious

Bro, I'm not Igbo.

I don't have any biological relationship with Igbo

I'm not speaking for Igbo

Dragging Igbo into this matter and carefully painting the
thread like a fight between Igbo and Yoruba is unnecessary
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by raumdeuter: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2019
Splashme:

Bro, I'm not Igbo.

I don't have any biological relationship with Igbo

I'm not speaking for Igbo

Dragging Igbo into this matter and carefully painting the
thread like a fight between Igbo and Yoruba is unnecessary

Explain how telling Ibos to contest the way others have been doing means we hate Ibos

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by zoedew: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
kemmylove101:
[bWow this is eye opener. I never knew all this oo and i am here supporting the igbo for presidency whereas they have been the cause of nigeria's problem.
Please kindly make a thread about this so the younger gerneration can read and know the truth.
History need to be told.
Thanks.
[/b]

Wouldn’t agree with you that SE is the cause of Nigeria’s problems but certainly they are responsible for their current political challenges in Nigeria. This piece is intended to make for an eye-opening and healing so we can all move ahead!
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by Halopy: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

Politics and democracy is a game of Numbers and the North have the numbers, and no one said Igbo shouldn't contest, you have invest heavily in PDP so contest in PDP
your problem is that tribalism has eaten deep into your skull. Pele, I'm a Yoruba man. Omo Yoruba nimi.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by kayfra: 12:06am On Jun 18, 2019
Splashme:
@Kayfra & raumdeuter

suddenly termed Igbo.

a 'Yoruba vs Igbo' battle. This hate is too much na

I thought you guys love meritocracy, didn't know meritocracy for you is selective and you love handouts
SMH

Ordinary process of fair competition is now dimmed as hatred of a group.

You must be a joker

1 Like

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by wowcatty: 1:30am On Jun 18, 2019
Wikipedia is your source? A disinformation platform that is less than 20 years is your go to place for history? It discredits your claim right there.
Wikipedia is a fraud no serious people quote anything from.
Lerio:

For the records
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Abubakar_Tafawa_Balewa
Here is Tafawa Balewas cabinet. Dont you dare think we cant confirm your lies to know truth our selves. With this, it means everything you wrote afterwards is a shitty.
My brother there are many twists to history simply because the truth has been replaced with lies.
You forgot to mention how Murtala M. clamoured for north to pull out and was stopped by the british. Oh sorry Azikiwe judging by your tales.

You should underetand that Azikiwe was not really a proper Igbo man. Hes british trained and only supported what the queen wants so as to attain greater heights. You cant blame him. Thats why Igbos dont care if hes declared a hero or not since he sold out during the war.
Aburi accord was put in place by the military ruler of Nigeria, Gowon and by the only leader the South had as of then, Ojukwu. Dont come with the civilian shitty cos a leader is a leader no matter how he came to the position. Besides Who drafted the current constitution
The question you should be asking is
Why did Gowon break his promise of implementing what was agreed there
It still comes down to british.
Those clamouring for referendum only wants to see the same thing in place.
The problem we have in this country is that we are still indirectly under the colonisation of the british and we are not aware. Judging by history, it never ends well and nigeria might not be an exception until everything starts working well.
FACTS
Igboman does not really care about being a president, they are only interested in creating a condusive environment for their business to prosper hence the northerners shout that igboman will divide the country if elected.
It still amazes me why an igbo man or ijaw man will have to go to lagos to clear his goods where he is livibg close to the ocean. River niger has no port, warri has none, ph port is not commercially active with ibom and calabar? This will decongest Lagos drastically and reduce their revenue. We now know why Apc and tinubu used restructuring to scam us leading to 2015.
British and Saudi has been playing with your beloved country since the wars and at the moment its only Nnamdi Kanu that has the courage to call them out, thats why buhari was quick to proscribe his organisation while fulani herdsmen are being compersated.

Pray for Nigeria, this country will soon boil down.
I laugh at people that think that if Ipob decide to carry arms against nigeria, that the fight will be reduced to southeast alone.
Remember the first civil war was projected to last for 2weeks but it lasted for 3years.
And for those of you thinking that nigeria will crush ipob when it starts should be reminded that Boris Johnson will soon be announced a PM hence Brexit is around the corner. How then will he support nigeria without giving a listening ear to those that wants the same thing he wants for his beloved britain, REFERENDUM! Right to self determination!
My brother the end is near. Nigeria should do the right thing to avoid tomorrows complications.

Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by MONIKERREVEALER: 11:20am On Jun 20, 2019
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

the day we, the great igbos, will beg zoogerians for help would be the day that you zoogerians would finally win the war you guys initiated against us in the sixties with the progroms of tens of thousands of innocent easterners!!!

for now, there is a ceasefire because Ojukwu NEVER surrendered!!!

never worry, we "problematic" igbos would soonest leave you "saintly" zoogerians in peace once we get our beautiful, brand-new, blessed BIAFRA!!!

you oyorubas and your best friend, the hausa-fulanis, would then enjoy your arewaooduanistan republic in "unity, faith, peace and progress" for eternity!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

the international interventionist invaders are soon coming to the shiithole to tear zoogeria to pieces and we, the great easterners, are SOO gone from the shiithole ASAP, AMEN!!!

kemmylove101:
[bWow this is eye opener. I never knew all this oo and i am here supporting the igbo for presidency whereas they have been the cause of nigeria's problem.
Please kindly make a thread about this so the younger gerneration can read and know the truth.
History need to be told.
Thanks.
[/b]
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by MONIKERREVEALER: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2019
zoedew:

Wouldn’t agree with you that SE is the cause of Nigeria’s problems but certainly they are responsible for their current political challenges in Nigeria. This piece is intended to make for an eye-opening and healing so we can all move ahead!

no thanks!!!

you can move on ahead with the hausa-fulanis forever just count we, the great easterners, out of that journey!!!

here is wishing you a very happy arewaooduanistan republic in advance!!!
Re: 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story by zoedew: 9:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
MONIKERREVEALER:

no thanks!!!

you can move on ahead with the hausa-fulanis forever just count we, the great easterners, out of that journey!!!

here is wishing you a very happy arewaooduanistan republic in advance!!!

Best wishes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Sheds Tears As She Buries Late Mum(photos) / El-rufai: APC Had No Plans For Nigeria; We Just wanted Jonathan Out / Chinese Govt Suspends Nigerians, Others From Entering China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.