Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Father’s Day: Nigerians Shares Some Fond Memories Of Their Dads - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father’s Day: Nigerians Shares Some Fond Memories Of Their Dads (234 Views)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / New Japanese Device Allows Dads To Breastfeed Their Babies / Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Father’s Day: Nigerians Shares Some Fond Memories Of Their Dads by gistsmill04: 6:13am On Jun 17, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/06/16/fathers-day-nigerians-shares-some-fond-memories-of-their-dads/

Happy Father’s Day! It’s that time of the year again when we have to pay respect to whom respect is due.

And how do we do it? No special way, to say thank you to someone you love and cherish. Take him out, buy him a gift, cook him some delicious meal or share a joke with him over some bottles of wines or put a call through to him if he is still around or sits back and recall the good old days!!!

And guess what? It’s after some Mother’s Days that we finally get to celebrate our fathers; a daughter’s first love and hero, a son’s friend.

To mark this bond between fathers and children, Father’s Day is celebrated every year in the third week of June, and so, today, June 16, 2019, is Father’s Day. What a coincidence! It’s also the International Day of the African Child.

Most Fathers play a crucial role in a child’s life, they stand by the family through thick and thin and help their children achieve the best in life. With their heroic activities, they are the ones who solve most of the family’s problems.

Several people have taken to social media to post pictures of their fathers, husbands and even boyfriends in celebration of Fathers. Here is a collection of some past memories of fathers shared on social media.

A Nigerian Twitter user, @M0re_nike asked a question on Twitter regarding Father’s Day, and the responses from Nigerians have been quite emotional.

The question: “I’ve probably asked this before, but what fond memories do you have of your dad? One not related to him spending money?”

Below are some responses:

“My best memory is how my father arrived in UNIBEN few hours after I was raped, marched to S&T barracks to mobilise soldiers to arrest the nigga. No questions asked, just point and kill.

He spent almost a month in Benin because of this matter, between navigating police station, barracks, Uniben, and hospitals. He never for once blamed me for anything, never made me feel guilty. It was the best landing I could have ever asked after something wicked had been done.” – @The_Musgravite

“One time I cooked bitterleaf soup, so bitter that no one at home could eat it, including me the chef, well, except my dad, he said, ” Keep the soup for me, it’s my daughter that cooked it”. Man literally ate the whole soup until it finished. Can never forget that day.” – @phayvour__0

“My dad taught me to cook, to use a pad when I first got my period, never missed a PTA meeting in school.

Didn’t marry until about 12 years after my mum died because he wanted us to grow up without trouble.

Still followed me again for my first job interview ” – @TaireTamarah

“He made me read a lot and fall in love with reading, almost all the gifts I’ve got from him were books. My dad was bad in math so he wanted us to be way better. I remember him having to spend so much time figuring out my primary school math homework so he could teach me.” – @Jesuis_ST

“Went swimming one day when I was 6/7 and decided to enter the deep end. I couldn’t swim ��‍♀️

(1) (Reply)

Private Hospital Around Ikeja To Birth A Child Review And Recommendation / In Just A Week! / Don't Hate Back...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.