Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,685 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel (11157 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana - History Favours The Eagles / Ighalo And Balogun Tears The Eagles Camp Apart. / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Wife Reveals How They Met & Started Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2019
mosho2good:
You once dated someone, the relationship didn't work out as planned So you guys broke up despite everything you have done for each other.

You felt hurt, You felt used, She/he Cheated Sporadically On you, So you couldn't take it and left Or It was Genotype issue, You guys were not compatible so you You guys had to break up.

Few months or years later, you got married and everything changed.

But one thing that Never changed was your communication with your ex, He or she kept coming back, While some asked for forgiveness, others wants to be your best friend, that you guys can still visit each other even while married.

You people must be Joking. One of the greatest threats to marriages is an Ex, Many first kids to so many married couples belongs to their ex

You guys won't respect yourself Until you find yourself in deep mess, Nobody said you should start keeping malice with all your ex but common sense should teach you what boundary is.

Some of you, though married are still sleeping with your ex and blaming the devil
Some of you still accommodate ex that disturbs you daily though married.

I don't actually know your plan but just know that you are digging a pit for yourself.

Sever all ties with your ex if he or she poses a threat to your marriage.

Remember Okafor's law that tells us that once you have slept with a person, there are great chances of it happening again if left alone with that person.
its only prayers o when it comes to sex humans are animals no rules whatsoever
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by wakes: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2019
I believe
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by blazer2018: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2019
Seanixking:
Dear Mikel, I'm not hating, but in a sane national football team, you and 80percent of the national player won't be call up.

They are many committed home base players that will give their best.

But is their best be good enough to compete with their counterparts from other African countries?

How has our club sides being faring on the continent? How has our home based Eagles fared at the CHAN tournaments?

The simple truth is that our league is not good enough.
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2019
Seanixking:
Dear Mikel, I'm not hating, but in a sane national football team, you and 80percent of the national player won't be call up.

They are many committed home base players that will give their best.

Good luck to you guys as you captain them to Afcon finals.
the thing you write shey e make sense to you..
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2019
Unrated900:

Believe me bro

That guy no sabi play single ball

I dislike his pattern of play

Because he knew he can’t play shit that is why he ran away from premier league and go to where he will be king

How old is mikel that he is playing in that place

How old is Messi and still active till date.

Share and dislike for mikel LIKES for Messi

you no get sense at all...where is zapaleta Mikel under 20 mate in Argentina squad today...comparin him and Messi is utter stupidity...has Aguero who was MVP In 2007 under 20 won World Best??

1 Like

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:21am On Jun 17, 2019
kenzysmith:
My advice to genort roar, my prefare line up front 3 musa onachu onyekuru. Attacking 10 should be iwobi then defensive midfilders etebo john ogu defenders shehu, troost ekong leon balogun omerou and our ist choice keeper should be enzenwa he have d confindence between d sticks. Osihmen and chukweze will be d super subs if rohr stick to my advice we will rule africa again good luck boys.
you are not the coach go and sleep you are deluded if you think Mikel will sit on the bench

1 Like

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by kenzysmith: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are not the coach go and sleep you are deluded if you think Mikel will sit on the bench
y warri people be like this must u guys always be rude?
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by DeRay98(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2019
Damilaresammy:
And you were never there for them because You no sabi play anything

See your head like kpangolo..
He no sabi play but he don dey play for Nigeria since age 14/15 in U17, U20 (African champion, World Cup U20 Silver medalist and 2nd most valuable U20), won every trophy in Europe and England, won African Nations Cup.
Wetin you don fit do for yourself talkless of Nigeria other than attacking other people online?
angry
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by okeniti: 11:01am On Jun 17, 2019
I was watching Soccer Africa the other day and they mentioned that some of the great AFCON successes came from locally based players ie Nigeria 2013. Sadly they don't make them like Keshi anymore.

Seanixking:

[b]They are many committed home base players that will give their best.

[/b]Good luck to you guys as you captain them to Afcon finals.
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by JCCASTER: 11:02am On Jun 17, 2019
you're welcome back
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by DeRay98(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2019
The problem with Nigerian football fans is selfishness and ignorance just like many local coaches.
All over the world, before an influential player retires from the national team the coach starts to mentor one or two possible replacements so that he retirement doesn't create a vacuum in the team. Case in point was how Maurhino pushed Mikel to defensive midfielder before Makelele would retire in Chelsea.
When Christian Chukwu was SE coach and Okocha was still playing this scenario came up too. Instead of Christian Chukwu to start finding a replacement who should used in some friendly or matches against less competitive teams he kept pestering Okocha who sometimes needed rest.
This sometimes led to issues between them because after would have told him to give him to rest and field another player Chukwu would announce his name thereby putting him on spot to make fans start accuse Okocha of what people are accusing Mikel of now.
People should understand that when a player has reached the pinnacle of his game, he needs higher motivation to play and not some qualifying matches where such players have established themselves over the years.
Those turn up for the big occasions where the big boys play.
Rohr understands this and used the opportunity to develop other players and build their confidence so that Mikel's impending retirement would not affect the team in the future. That's how to plan for national team continuity and consistency.
Without Mikel, the coach has options that suit his other players which has been tested in his absence and they can continue to play in the future.
However, I don't see them winning AFCON this year. There's too AFCON newbies in the team, Mikel, Ahmed Musa and probably Ogu are the few survivors of the 2013 Championship team.
On the striking role, only Musa and Ighalo have been tested and maybe Simon Moses too.
Onuachu, Osimhe and Onyekuru are inexperienced at this level of Africa physical football just the goal keepers.
In all, I wish them well and successful outing in Egypt.
Up Super Eagles! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by NiRfreak(m): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
May God punish anybody who insults Mikel on this thread. May your life be empty without success. stupid idiot oloriburuku...If you have nothing to say, just keep shut.
In 2005 U-20 World cup I was 20, preparing for Jamb, but I would sneak out of tutorial class to watch Nigeria and some hot matches. I was almost shedding tears watching this new young talent. It doesn't take you 20 mins watching Mikel in that competition to know we had found a new gem; a different class above the pack, blessed with sublime touches and brilliant passes that makes u wow; confident control of the midfield with 'swaggalicious' movement and grace on the ball that is rare in black African players that are rather brash on the ball. He will never panick on the ball even if crowded by 10 players he would still find a way out, in a simple and graceful manner. The perfect solid holding creative midfielder he was. we shouldn't talk about his vision, and accurate long range pin point passes that flies across the length and breath of the field. It is up there with the best.
I was attached to that 2005 tournament cos I was 20, and my supposed age-mate were playing it and I was also a football player, a street midfield player, albeit a rough, combative or Essien type of midfider, so Mikel's grace always wowed me. Though it took years for some people to see a streak of grace found in Zidane in Mikel, I was in tears when the Middleborough fans was singing his praise and chanting him as the African Zidane, after they watched him drooling with grace as he controlled the midfield. I was happy at least, even though it came late in his career to see that Mikel has some beautiful gentle grace on the ball reminiscent of the great Zidane. Till now, I still believe if Mikel had been White or had the trust and mentorship of coaches that raw talent usually enjoy, maybe he would have commanded more football respect today. I think Ferguson could have helped norture him well if he had gone to ManUted, unlike the rigid Morinho.
It was no surprise when teams like Barca, Chelsea and the great Manchester United bleeding with top quality players, unlike now, were all dying to sign this raw midfield wonder boy from Naija after watching his exploit 2005. He surpassed Messi in the tournament in terms of all-round performance, just that Messi was a budding goal poacher by that time, who tricked us by getting penalties which led us to becoming runners up. If you doubt Mikel's quality, how many African players at 20 can you mention till date whose quality has led club like Barca, ManU Chelsea to fight and jostle for his signature? how many? Tell me and stop being unfortunate.
Regardless of his career trajectory, or his changed playing style that had to evolve or be adapted by coaches to suit their philosophy, you can never say Mikel was a failure. How many young talents today will be able to break into a creative or defensive midfield role in a team that had fabulous and legend like Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Deco, and many others who were at their pinnacle of their careers? Tell me how many players of today will bench those guys? Yet Mikel got his playing time and was respected..and never loaned cos the club knew he had some quality.
May God punish anyone who disrespect Mikel, who can't see his special style and talent that helped us win the midfield battle and the Afcon medal in 2013 for the first time in 20 years!. Mikel was the fulcrum, pillar, confidence, and leader of that team that had young, home based players lacking experience like Oboabona, Omeruo, Sunday MBA, Ideye, Onazi and the rest...Yet we won this tournament by his exemplary leadership and quality.
Remember the midfield battle with the great Yaya Toure at Afcon semi final. Mikel bossed him and took the mantle of midfield control from the great Yaya toure. We don't have to talk about his champions league exploit with Chelsea or how many trophies or medal he won at Chelsea.
The only problem Mikel had was playing among players who are not of his calibre or quality in the national team, yet he helped the team. He also became the traditional holding 4/who wouldn't go on attacking at club level, but in national team where his attacking quality is trusted, you can see him excel with penetrating passes and control of attacking play.
Till today since 2005, Nigeria has never discovered any player better than Mikel in midfield quality, many came and gone, many were tested or mooted to take over the no.10 shirt from Mikel, where are they today? Mikel has longevity.
Mikel has served us, given his best even among low quality players, unlike the the Great Okocha who had brilliant players playing with him from keeper to wings and to defense; Mikel didn't have that opportunity yet he carried the guys on his wings and inspired them to win Afcon. Let's stop disrespecting this man. He's a success already and when he leaves we will remember a talent who inspired us to win Afcon even with home based players, and it is this same Mikel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Femeto: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
@NiRfreak Who is saying Mikel is not good? He has passed his best and needs to retire. He is not the best player in the team and we are not expecting anything spectacular from him. Etebo was player of the season at Middlesbrough in the same league he played.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by NiRfreak(m): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2019
Femeto:
@NiRfreak Who is saying Mikel is not good? He has passed his best and needs to retire. He is not the best player in the team and we are not expecting anything spectacular from him. Etebo was player of the season at Middlesbrough in the same league he played.

I can see you are very sentimental with no wit, the current Nigeria team is not ready to play in major tournament with no leader, not even in the midfield where we have mostly redundant defensive players that has no central main man. When Mikel was at Etebos age, he was being vied for by top Europeans teams...Even at Chelsea, Juve and Inter Milan and many others begged him to come which he dint for personal reasons.
Mikel is not our best player.. then who? Which player has Nigeria discovered yet that is dependable with experience as Mikel?
Etebo was the player at the league he played This is how sentimental u can go? Mikel join the league this December , half of the season fro crying out loud, and you want him to win best player of the league? Hate him, he's still the best experienced midfielder we have. Or have u discovered any? And what's bad if Etebo plays together with Mikel?
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Chukalemon(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
Keep on reposting this article
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Koladez2heywhy: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Believe me that guy is one of the best if not the best and the most decorated player Nigeria will ever produce.All hail the African Zidane like he is called in the championship.
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Nelsonmande79: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
See below

Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Mryacks: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
mosho2good:
You once dated someone, the relationship didn't work out as planned So you guys broke up despite everything you have done for each other.

You felt hurt, You felt used, She/he Cheated Sporadically On you, So you couldn't take it and left Or It was Genotype issue, You guys were not compatible so you You guys had to break up.

Few months or years later, you got married and everything changed.

But one thing that Never changed was your communication with your ex, He or she kept coming back, While some asked for forgiveness, others wants to be your best friend, that you guys can still visit each other even while married.

You people must be Joking. One of the greatest threats to marriages is an Ex, Many first kids to so many married couples belongs to their ex

You guys won't respect yourself Until you find yourself in deep mess, Nobody said you should start keeping malice with all your ex but common sense should teach you what boundary is.

Some of you, though married are still sleeping with your ex and blaming the devil
Some of you still accommodate ex that disturbs you daily though married.

I don't actually know your plan but just know that you are digging a pit for yourself.

Sever all ties with your ex if he or she poses a threat to your marriage.

Remember Okafor's law that tells us that once you have slept with a person, there are great chances of it happening again if left alone with that person.

So true
Re: I Was Never Away From The Eagles — Mikel by Alejobs: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
We are the change the world is waiting for....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Week 40 Bet9ja Pool Code For Saturday 6 April 2024 / Who Is The Fastest And Most Intelligent Player In The World ? / Odemwingie Scores First League Goal In Nine Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.