Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Did You Know?: 7 Healthy Food Facts - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Did You Know?: 7 Healthy Food Facts (302 Views)

Did You Know? 7 Proven Health Benefits Of Ginger / 7 Healthy Foods For Your Teeth And Gums / 7 Healthy Ways Of Preventing Chronic Diseases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know?: 7 Healthy Food Facts by OrganicsHub(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2019
1. Apples are more effective than coffee at waking you up in the morning.

2 .Bananas aren’t the only fruits with potassium. Avocados (Pears) have twice the amount of potassium as bananas and are rich in monounsaturated fat that is burned easily as energy.

3. Green-tipped bananas are better for you than over-ripened bananas. Bananas contain a lot of sugar, if eaten with protein, the insulin levels are normalized.

4. Broccoli contains twice the amount of Vitamin C than an orange. It contains as much calcium as whole milk, and is more readily absorbed by our bodies.

5. Cilantro is good for digestion and also soothes many common ailments such as headache, coughs and nausea.

6. Onions are great antioxidants, containing anti-allergy, antiviral, and anti-histamine properties. The sulfur compounds found in onions help in the detoxifying the body and aid in cellular repair. Maximum health benefits are seen in raw or lightly-steamed onions.

7. Parsley is also great for use as a digestive aid. It is a natural breath freshener, anti-carcinogen, contains three times the amount of vitamin C as oranges, and twice the amount of iron as in spinach.

SOURCE: https://www.organicshub.com.ng/post/did-you-know-7-healthy-food-facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know?: 7 Healthy Food Facts by OrganicsHub(m): 11:01am On Jun 17, 2019
Bananas are extremely good for the brain. It boosts cognitive function.

I personally used to study with bananas when I was back in Uni.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know?: 7 Healthy Food Facts by QuotaSystem: 5:12am On Jun 18, 2019
OrganicsHub:
Bananas are extremely good for the brain. It boosts cognitive function.

I personally used to study with bananas when I was back in Uni.

Too bad the sweet bananas aren't the healthiest sad

How about plantains? Dodo in particular.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House Pls Help / Why Nigeria’s Doctors Are Leaving, And How The Problem Can Be Fixed / A Pharmacist Links Painkillers & Self Medication As Causes Of Kidney Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.