Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? (1522 Views)

The Idea Of Hellfire Is IRRATIONAL MADNESS / Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You / Why I Think The Idea Of A God Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by tartar9(m): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
hahn:

My only issue is that 72 virgins are not enough for eternity
How many virgins do you seek,a million
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by hahn(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2019
tartar9:

How many virgins do you seek,a million

72 virgins everyday

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by hakeem4(m): 7:43am On Jun 19, 2019
hahn:

72 virgins everyday
grin grin if you finish the virgins in heaven what will be left for those who actually killed for this belief grin
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by hahn(m): 7:51am On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:
grin grin if you finish the virgins in heaven what will be left for those who actually killed for this belief grin

Allah will provide grin
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by WakeUpNaija444: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2019
lastmessenger:
The exact plan of God after the life on this earth has not yet been spelt out and no Christian can say exactly. But the descriptions we read in the bible are there to let us know that the life after now will be a much more advanced kind of life. Far better than what we presently have.I believe there will be activities and work to do. Intact its a different system entirely.

Again let me also point out to you that the heaven Christians talk about are not really like we are gonna be living inside the sky. Revelation told us of a new heaven and a new earth. I believe God will bring a new earth and new heaven and superimpose it on this present earth bringing the heavenly order to reign on this earth.

Lastly if God can create this earth and make it so interesting to you,he is also capable of creating another system and make it interesting. Everything is a gift of God. Your feelings are a gift of God. So think beyond what you feel and see this from the angle of God who can make all things possible

Finally someone who gets it.
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by WakeUpNaija444: 11:05am On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:

But I do not find heaven appealing as it would be boring for me.

Sir, is not just about going to heaven to worship and play harp to God like we have been taught by religion. That's not the main reason why we were sent to this earth. It's more than that. It's an adventure. That heavenly realm have more activities than this realm that we can't comprehend with our carnal mind.

Remember this prayer?

Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.

The main goal is for the system of God (kingdom of God) to come down on earth. Which is TOTALLY opposite this current system which is NOT of God.

This system/world/dimension we all spend so much energy on just to acquire the things of this world is an illusion which will disappear soon.

I know many of you here don't believe in God. But be open minded for the reason for humanity will be unveiled soon which I believe will go against ALL religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by Aaronsrod: 11:54am On Jun 19, 2019
The Bible tells us Heaven will be made of rubies, emeralds and rare precious stones!

The streets will be made of pure gold.

Imagine singing hymns eternally in Dubai made of pure gold!!

O, how I wish to be there forever and look down at the torments of the wicked being punished in Hellfire!!

This is my one dream and only hope in this life!

Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2019
Aaronsrod:
The Bible tells us Heaven will be made of rubies, emeralds and rare precious stones!

The streets will be made of pure gold.

Imagine singing hymns eternally in Dubai made of pure gold!!

O, how I wish to be there forever and look down at the torments of the wicked being punished in Hellfire!!

This is my one dream and only hope in this life!

LoL!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
lastmessenger:
The exact plan of God after the life on this earth has not yet been spelt out and no Christian can say exactly. But the descriptions we read in the bible are there to let us know that the life after now will be a much more advanced kind of life. Far better than what we presently have.I believe there will be activities and work to do. Intact its a different system entirely.

Again let me also point out to you that the heaven Christians talk about are not really like we are gonna be living inside the sky. Revelation told us of a new heaven and a new earth. I believe God will bring a new earth and new heaven and superimpose it on this present earth bringing the heavenly order to reign on this earth.

Lastly if God can create this earth and make it so interesting to you,he is also capable of creating another system and make it interesting. Everything is a gift of God. Your feelings are a gift of God. So think beyond what you feel and see this from the angle of God who can make all things possible

So everything in this new heaven and new earth everything will not be perfect?
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by tartar9(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
hahn:

72 virgins everyday
Seeking more is a sign of dissatisfaction.In Heaven there is no dissatisfaction cheesy
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by hahn(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2019
tartar9:

Seeking more is a sign of dissatisfaction.In Heaven there is no dissatisfaction cheesy

Oboy! Where do I sign up?
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by lastmessenger: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
LordReed:

So everything in this new heaven and new earth everything will not be perfect?
in comparison to the imperfections on this earth I would say yes. Like I said earlier. The new heaven and the new earth is going to be a highly advanced kind of living. You are going to be like the spirits and angels of God.
Its gonna be much more interesting that whatever anyone can imagine. I look forward to it.
Re: Why Is The Idea Of Heaven Appealing To You? by Bojack(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2019
I stopped falling for that scam(heaven) since i was 10

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Says Time Shall Come When The Ladies Wil Be Runing After The Men For Marriage / How To Hear From God / How Realistic Is Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.