Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida (6604 Views)

North Getting Poorer, Says Babangida Aliyu / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari / I Want Abiola Immortalised, Says Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2010
Former military president, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has said that he will only serve one term if elected president in 2011, because of the principle of rotation adopted by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Mr. Babangida, who was speaking to newsmen in Dutse on Sunday after a closed door meeting with Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido said because of the PDP stance on rotation, he will only serve four years.

He pointed out that late president Umaru Yar ‘Adua served for one term and that he will complete the second term and thereafter any person from any other other region could take over. "We must be seen to be respecting our arrangement and the party's constitution, hence my desire to serve for only one term," Mr. Babangida said. He also stated that President Goodluck Jonathan and any other aspirant from the the South could not contest the 2011 presidency without amending the PDP constitution first.

Condemn the blast

He condemned the October 1st bomb blast, which he said has sent a bad signal about the country, saying government must do everything possible to address the lingering insecurity. He said Nigerians must all work hard to fight the growing problem. "Security of lives and property is the collective responsibility of all and sundry, we must all join hands to fight the monster which is threatening our peaceful co existence," he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5626474-146/jonathan_cannot_contest_says_babangida_.csp
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Ibime(m): 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2010
Babangida cannot contest, says all right thinking Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by chyz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
I thought that not too long ago it was written into law that in order to be president you had to have a college degree. Is this law still in effect or is it being ignored like the rest of the laws? Also, if I'm not mistaken I don't think IBB has a degree.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by desgiezd(m): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
Former military president, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has said that he will only serve one term if elected president in 2011

What pedigree does this man possess that will make us believe him. During his days as military president, none of his numerous promises of not staying longer in power than necessary was kept, so why should anyone believe him now.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by naso2(m): 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2010
Since IBB never went to school, I dont expect him to know the difference between North west and North central. To him North na North. OLODO.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
lwkmd
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by jodeci(m): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
I wonder why he cannot feel the heap of hatred for Him by Nigerians.

I guess he mistook the goodwill shown him when he lost his wife to love by Nigerians,he will never know what hit him after the elections.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by blacksta(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
Maradona himself  - The guy wan use style enter - I bet you after one term  - na different yarns you go hear  grin
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
jodeci:

I wonder why he cannot  feel the heap of hatred for Him by Nigerians.

I guess he mistook the goodwill shown him when he lost his wife to love by Nigerians,he will never know what hit him after the elections.

That YOU hate him does not mean every Nigerian out there hates him as much. Nigerians have been known to play to the tune of these people for decades. I don't know why you suddenly expect them to all hate the man now.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Abagworo(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
The truth is that GEJ should quit PDP and contest under another party.Igbos say "Uka akparakpa isi ka eji ekwe ya".He can easily win with another party and still retain his integrity.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
Abagworo:

The truth is that GEJ should quit PDP and contest under another party.Igbos say "Uka akparakpa isi ka eji ekwe ya".He can easily win with another party and still retain his integrity.

He came to power on the PDP Ticket. He owes most everything he has now to PDP; that man would have not been able to see the face of political office, especially with his record to date. How can running under another party help him? If that is all, why ain't you all going for Donald Duke? He is no longer PDP, and he is running for office too.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2010
He can never respect a simple arrangement
He is daft
He is dull
He is insecure
He is inexperienced
He encourages Terrorism
He plays Politics of intimidation and blackmail
He was a thug/militiant
He is very bigoted
He is very wasteful
He dislikes the Unity Nigeria has  enjoyed for over 50 years

All hail the CONFUSED PRESIDENT
JONATHAN
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by desgiezd(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^ This can only come from someone who lacks an insight into the issues involved.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by wesley80(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
ferari90:

He is daft
He is dull
He is insecure
He is inexperienced
He encourages Terrorism
He was a thug/militiant
He is very bigoted
He is very wasteful

JONATHAN

And He's going to be your president again.
If u want to commit suicide I have a free rope, just send your address - No extra charge!
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by IVORY2009(m): 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2010
chyz:

I thought that not too long ago it was written into law that in order to be president you had to have a college degree. Is this law still in effect or is it being ignored like the rest of the laws? Also, if I'm not mistaken I don't think IBB has a degree.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
ferari90:

He is daft
He is dull
He is insecure
He is inexperienced
He encourages Terrorism
He was a thug/militiant
He is very bigoted
He is very wasteful
He dislikes the Unity Nigeria has enjoyed for over 50 years

JONATHAN

He is daft and he is your president. Shows how dumb you must be. Go hug a transformer
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by seanet02: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That YOU hate him does not mean every Nigerian out there hates him as much. Nigerians have been known to play to the tune of these people for decades. I don't know why you suddenly expect them to all hate the man now.
play the tunes of these people for decades? hummm, that is the word of a POLITICAL JOBBER
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by olafolarin(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2010
GEJ already gave a resounding answer and in my opinion the final blow on zoning.
IBB is not from North West and as such cant claim zoning.Gusau is the only candidate who can claim anything from zoning.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
dappssee:

Former military president, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has said that he will only serve one term if elected president in 2011, because of the principle of rotation adopted by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Mr. Babangida, who was speaking to newsmen in Dutse on Sunday after a closed door meeting with Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido said because of the PDP stance on rotation, he will only serve four years.

He pointed out that late president Umaru Yar ‘Adua served for one term and that he will complete the second term and thereafter any person from any other other region could take over. "We must be seen to be respecting our arrangement and the party's constitution, hence my desire to serve for only one term," Mr. Babangida said. He also stated that President Goodluck Jonathan and any other aspirant from the the South could not contest the 2011 presidency without amending the PDP constitution first.

Condemn the blast

He condemned the October 1st bomb blast, which he said has sent a bad signal about the country, saying government must do everything possible to address the lingering insecurity. He said Nigerians must all work hard to fight the growing problem. "Security of lives and property is the collective responsibility of all and sundry, we must all join hands to fight the monster which is threatening our peaceful co existence," he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5626474-146/jonathan_cannot_contest_says_babangida_.csp

One of the reasons he should never be allowed to lead Nigeria ever again. He cares about himself alone, not much about what happens to Nigeria after he leaves office.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by woonick: 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
IBB Na by Force.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2010
woonick:

IBB Na by Force.

Yes oh na by Force.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by lojik(m): 1:20am On Oct 05, 2010
Why am i not surprised? The evil genius IBB doesn't see the bomb blast as a terrorist attack nor does he sympathise with the victims' family. Am i missing something
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by koruji(m): 2:48am On Oct 05, 2010
@IBB - We know your cunning ways.
1. Everyone knows that Yara'dua did not serve one term. He served half-a-term. Does that mean you would argue for 6 years once you get on the throne of Aso Rock?
2. GEJ is already President. All he has to serve is one term to make 6 years. What do we do about the dangling half a term?
3. With GEJ's default presidency, zoning is already broken because zoning is unconstitutional!

dappssee:

Condemn the blast

Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by egift(m): 4:32am On Oct 05, 2010
wesley80:

And He's going to be your president again.
If u want to commit suicide I have a free rope, just send your address - No extra charge!

Yes like the 1st October Bomb you gave us. With President JEGA, Nigeria is yet to see the worst.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by CareTaker1(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2010
dappssee:

He pointed out that late president Umaru Yar ‘Adua served for one term and that he will complete the second term and thereafter any person from any other other region could take ove[/b]r. "We must be seen to be respecting our arrangement and the party's constitution, hence my desire to serve for only one term," Mr. Babangida said. He also stated that President Goodluck Jonathan and any other aspirant from the the South could not contest the 2011 presidency without amending the PDP constitution first.

[b]Condemn the blast

Liars are ever inconsistent, he had been luring the ibos into believing he will hand "his" power over to them come 2015. Who will believe IBB?
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by JUO(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
he is lying
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by ayusman16(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
If IBB feels he is that powerful and a top contender for the Presidency, i dare him to decamp to another party and contest. Why must it be PDP? Do they still have plans to rig the election 2011? What if IBB and Johnathan loses the election to another party? Why must elective position be a do or die affair? We really need help.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by monkeyleg: 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
IBB should just go and rest. He spent 9yrs in the top job and did absolutely nothing (besides thief the country dry).
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by slap1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
ferari90:

He is daft
He is dull
He is insecure
He is inexperienced
He encourages Terrorism
He was a thug/militiant
He is very bigoted
He is very wasteful

JONATHAN

IBB is still a thug. Go drink akamu with watery poo!
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by yabadabado: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2010
UNA GET  MOUTH, NAIJA
i wonda how  many of you will hit the street to protest if this evil genius wins GEJ.
NIGERIANS are known as docile people all over the world that is why we are where we are and am certainly not going to be the first one to come out for a protest should my person {GEJ} losses. come to think of it -those that protested during MKO meant well  and did well but they are dead now{MAY THEIR  SOULS REST WELL WITH GOD} AMEN
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by kingping(m): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2010
Until we actually find out who killed Dele Giwa,IBB will forever remain the only suspect. Come to think of it;Do u know that Raymond Dokpesi and Dele Giwa were best of friends? Just wondering how Deles chidren will be feeling now.Its really not a fair world.
Re: Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida by opuro(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
IBB, this man ehn this man
what makes this man think nigerians are fool?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare Moves Latter Rain Assembly Church To Bauchi / Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence / Nigeria Squanders Millions On Generators Its Foreign Missions Don’t Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.