Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. (67294 Views)

PSG Ready To Bring Osimhen Back To France / Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France / Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by chucs: 12:04am On Jun 18, 2019
Says it all...

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Lordjb: 12:10am On Jun 18, 2019
Okay oh
Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by sharancamber(m): 12:11am On Jun 18, 2019
where were our supporters? I could only see a handful of them

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by PHIPEX(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2019
The shouts from the fans confused the ref to award a penalty. I could clearly see the "zeal" on the face of the Ref to please the home fans. Both the first and the retaken penalty were based on flimsy reasons.
The ref could not independently verify the call for a retake, she was clearly instructed.

So proud of our ladies.

8 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2019
Bbbwings:
Buhari bringing ill luck to our teams since 1500BC.

Face your gala business inside hold up and stay out of football pls..

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by mosco04: 12:14am On Jun 18, 2019
Dwayne564:
France was obviously the better side
hello no Nigeria played better I don't know why but we was robbed how can you do broad day light robbing even with VAR HOW WTF LIKE F France am so pissed

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Agugbadin: 12:27am On Jun 18, 2019
olaBC007:
I'm proud of the ladies today We fought like a soldier, the only error we made was coming from a dark skinned continent

Skin colour has nothing to do with the failure of Falcon to qualify

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 18, 2019
Agugbadin:

Skin colour has nothing to do with the failure of Falcon to qualify
I can tell u didn't watched the match. We played against 4 teams. The French national team, Home fans(which is normal though), Referees, VAR even commentator

7 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 12:53am On Jun 18, 2019
germanized:
It was obvious that France couldn't win without some technical cheating...
Like our coach said, he didn't want to talk so as not to seem extreme, but the whole world saw what happened.

Shame on the referee and the VAR officials for loopsided officiating.

Heroines l'awọn omo mi! cool

Shame on Fifa!

What did the referee do? It was a clear penalty which the referee didn’t bother to call till she was called by the VAR officials and yes the penalty needed to be replayed cus the keeper legs were off the goal line and is also a yellow card offense. That’s just the new rule of the female World Cup and beside our girls were just defensive today which made France played all the game but couldn’t score. We should have been beating 5-0 or more if not for the defensive game we played

3 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Noah2gud(m): 12:55am On Jun 18, 2019
In the spirit of the match.
All ladies pls watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvtP1-jS-TU
Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Tantolu: 12:56am On Jun 18, 2019
FIFA is gradually taking away the glamour of football as a game in the name of VAR and goal line technologies..really it sucks!

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Jinad50: 12:56am On Jun 18, 2019
OmoOshodi:
This game reminds me of the last general election in Nigeria

France = APC

Nigeria = PDP

Officials = inec

VAR officials =>Foreign observers ( they don't want to go back to home in body bags)
lol....What a comment!
Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by baiaon(m): 1:01am On Jun 18, 2019
ericmor:

What did the referee do? It was a clear penalty which the referee didn’t bother to call till she was called by the VAR officials and yes the penalty needed to be replayed cus the keeper legs were off the goal line and is also a yellow card offense. That’s just the new rule of the female World Cup and beside our girls were just defensive today which made France played all the game but couldn’t score. We should have been beating 5-0 or more if not for the defensive game we played
Yinmu. Be deceiving yourself. There are many Grey areas in football and it is these Grey areas that they use to cheat us. How come AFRICAN TEAMS never benefit from all this. The ref just had to call VAR. The keeper no do pass wetin buffoon and the likes they do. You cannot know oyinbo man more than me. I don relate with them wella. I know their ways.

Posted by 12inchess

11 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 1:02am On Jun 18, 2019
omoteacher:
shocked shocked shocked

The referee and the VAR got the penalty call wrong. Our defender didn't push the French player that fell in the box 16. Retaking after losing the first was a real night time robbery.

Did you watch the game? Go and watch a replay of the foul and you will see wat she did and it was even worst than pushing a player
Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 1:05am On Jun 18, 2019
baiaon:

Yinmu. Be deceiving yourself. There are many Grey areas in football and it is these Grey areas that they use to cheat us. How come AFRICAN TEAMS never benefit from all this. The ref just had to call VAR. The keeper no do pass wetin buffoon and the likes they do. You cannot know oyinbo man more than me. I don relate with them wella. I know their ways.

Posted by 12inchess

This is not about knowing Oyinbo man, is about the Nigeria vs France female team game we saw and beside, how are u sure Have related with Oyinbo more than I do? U sabi me before ni?
Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by baiaon(m): 1:11am On Jun 18, 2019
@ericmor Stop trying to sound intelligent.There was clearly a ploy by the officials to "push" france to the next stage and maintain the french public interest in the tournament.It has happened on many occasions before.There are always some favoured teams in competitions like this

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 18, 2019
Fifa should start publishing social media accounts of officiating officers so we can always do justice. Praise the good ones, and make life miserable for the wicked ones. By the time they are thrown stones of words, their brain will be formatted. Who knows the social media account of those VAR officials, referee, and assistant referees?

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by suremanpatriot: 1:18am On Jun 18, 2019
France is d host is too early to leave,so they twisted d rules to stay on angry4

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 1:19am On Jun 18, 2019
baiaon:
@ericmor Stop trying to sound intelligent.There was clearly a ploy by the officials to "push" france to the next stage and maintain the french public interest in the tournament.It has happened on many occasions before.There are always some favoured teams in competitions like this

Is not about sounding intelligent but the fact. Was there a foul? Yes. Was any of the keeper legs on the goal line when the first penalty was taken? No. That was why the ref explained to her again when they wanted to take the second penalty cus our keeper seems not to understand wat really happened. They played far better than us and the pressure was too much on the defense so I was expecting a goal at list. But our keeper really tried

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 1:21am On Jun 18, 2019
suremanpatriot:
France is d host is too early to leave,so they twisted d rules to stay on angry4

They didn’t twist any rule, it has been there since they started the tournament

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by baiaon(m): 1:29am On Jun 18, 2019
ericmor:

Is not about sounding intelligent but the fact. Was there a foul? Yes. Was any of the keeper legs on the goal line when the first penalty was taken? No. That was why the ref explained to her again when they wanted to take the second penalty cus our keeper seems not to understand wat really happened. They played far better than us and the pressure was too much on the defense so I was expecting a goal at list. But our keeper really tried
There have been many penalties at this tournament.Some have been missed but the majority have been scored.NONE I repeat NONE have been retaken despite the goalkeepers being off the line when the ball is about to be struck but surprise,surprise the rule is implemented today when the host nation is involved in a match.My brother,travel outside nigeria and see

7 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by goslowgoslow(m): 1:30am On Jun 18, 2019
Bbbwings:
Buhari bringing ill luck to our teams since 1500BC.
If I call you oponu those bias and unstable moderators will ban me, but that is what you are.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 1:39am On Jun 18, 2019
baiaon:
There have been many penalties at this tournament.Some have been missed but the majority have been scored.NONE I repeat NONE have been retaken despite the goalkeepers being off the line when the ball is about to be struck but surprise,surprise the rule is implemented today when the host nation is involved in a match.My brother,travel outside nigeria and see

Pls show me one that the keeper legs were off the goal line before the ball was kicked? And you keep talking about favor as if France really needed to win the match to qualify. Why u keep talking about traveling out of the country like you know me before
Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Reeb2244: 1:41am On Jun 18, 2019
Zanotee:
We played against...
France
Referee
VAr
And that commentator...
I muted my TV and switched on commentary with Murphy ijemba.

However, I still salute the Falcons. Awesome Play.
Wish them luck with Germany on their next match. The attack was so poor against France.
Nothing awesome in that team. Nigeria didn't even pressurize them and their keeper. But Nigeria got cheated on.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by Beverlyjean(f): 1:43am On Jun 18, 2019
MhisTahrah:
We were robbed, period.Who has the referee's IG and twitter handle?

Leave all those stories on twitter...the ref and var team were absolutely correct... A Nigerian player was in the box as well when it was taken the second time... U guys dint complain when the under 20 team played Ukraine and got a penalty and when we missed, he was asked to play again cos the keepers feet were not on the line and he received a yellow card as well...

We just had a single plan to defend all thru and that was not a smart approach

1 Like

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by baiaon(m): 1:46am On Jun 18, 2019
ericmor:

Pls show me one that the keeper legs were off the goal line before the ball was kicked? And you keep talking about favor as if France really needed to win the match to qualify. Why u keep talking about traveling out of the country like you know me before
I don't have photos but you can watch penalties at this world cup on YouTube.
France needed to win for the public to still be interested in the tournament.To maintain the feel good vibes amongst the french populace
I can tell you haven't stepped out of nigeria before because you cleary don't know how cunning and deceptive oyibos are especially towards foreigners in their countries

8 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by ericmor: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2019
baiaon:
I don't have photos but you can watch penalties at this world cup on YouTube.
France needed to win for the public to still be interested in the tournament.To maintain the feel good vibes amongst the french populace
I can tell you haven't stepped out of nigeria before because you cleary don't know how cunning and deceptive oyibos are especially towards foreigners in their countries

Stop talking about Oyinbo cus u don’t know them at all and for the France vs Nigeria game u don’t understand the rule and France did not need to win the game to keep peoples interest in the World Cup. You got all that all wrong. If you can send me one since u the one that noticed that penalties were taken the same way and d ref didn’t cancel it. Just 2 goal attempts compear to 22 and not a single shots on target for Nigeria and you are here talking about bad officiating. I bow o

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To France 1-0 Nigeria. by baiaon(m): 2:01am On Jun 18, 2019
ericmor:

Stop talking about Oyinbo cus u don’t know them at all and for the France vs Nigeria game u don’t understand the rule and France did not need to win the game to keep peoples interest in the World Cup. You got all that all wrong. If you can send me one since u the one that noticed that penalties were taken the same way and d ref didn’t cancel it. Just 2 goal attempts compear to 22 and not a single shots on target for Nigeria and you are here talking about bad officiating. I bow o
When the second penalty was retaken was any of Nigeria's goalkeepers feet on the line?NO.So why wasn't it retaken again?because the main issue wasn't whether one of her feet was on the line in the first place or not.It was all about France scoring and winning the match

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Henry Onyekuru And Esty Traditional Wedding Pictures: Super Eagles Storm Event / Braless Chichi Igbo Imitates Michael Jackson / Old And New Houses Of Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Beckham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.