Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini (9645 Views)

Lagos Belongs To The Great Benin Kingdom: OBA OF LAGOS / Lagos Ownership: Don't Beat The Drums Of War, Lagos Belongs To The Aworis / Lagos Belongs To Awori, The Bini Met Them There- Akintoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol funny....... Awori migrated from ile ife and founded lagos. They are first to migrated to Lagos among all tribes in nigeria.... yoruba own lagos. So don't call me ur bro unless you are yoruba I'm not Bini. I'm Ile ife blood.... I'm omo oduduwa
Binidefender:

Lago's has never been yoruba land, bro, yoruba's are sethers in lagos,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol funny....... Awori migrated from ile ife and founded lagos. They are first to migrated to Lagos among all tribes in nigeria.... yoruba own lagos. So don't call me ur bro unless you are yoruba I'm not Bini. I'm Ile ife blood.... I'm omo oduduwa
Binidefender:

Lago's has never been yoruba land, bro, yoruba's are sethers in lagos,
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
Morenikeji070:
What of eguns are they Yorubas too?
grin grin,
Lagos is not yoruba land ,get that
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by googi: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
These captured slaves of Yoruba that voluntarily disbarred their their Ogiso for killing a pregnant woman and drove out their neighbors out of sight now wish they can claim Lagos every week.

Try to put your house in order first. You still bear Youruba names in your royal circle and children of Ogiso cannot wait to kick you back to IFE.

They have a court order in place.

They only reason people still answer is for the sake of the children not to be confused or mis-educated.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Funny ass person. Don't you know that when you share border with another country there is a chance they gonna migrated into your country. Go to Benin country "eguns" they add yoruba to part of there language and gonna be thought in school but does that means yoruba own Benin country. ODE trynna grow up I'm smarter. I'm oduduwa blood my grandpa thought me a lot about yoruba history's and I make dope research has well. So grow up...... funny Benin and Edo people in nigeria like changing history and lying take it or leave it oba of Benin is under oba ofor ife and oyo... coz ur first oba of Benin is yoruba son of our oduduwa so trynna go sleep
Binidefender:

What of eguns are they Yorubas too?
grin grin,
Lagos is not yoruba land ,get that

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
Morenikeji070:
Funny ass person. Don't you know that when you share border with another country there is a chance they gonna migrated into your country. Go to Benin country "eguns" they add yoruba to part of there language and gonna be thought in school but does that means yoruba own Benin country. ODE trynna grow up I'm smarter. I'm oduduwa blood my grandpa thought me a lot about yoruba history's and I make dope research has well. So grow up...... funny Benin and Edo people in nigeria like changing history and lying take it or leave it oba of Benin is under oba ofor ife and oyo... coz ur first oba of Benin is yoruba son of our oduduwa so trynna go sleep
I dont have time for argument you can keep dreaming as u wish,
Lagos is no and Las never been part of yoruba lanf, you people like to land grab ,
Eguns didn't not migrate to Nigeria bro Eguns are indigenous to lagos state , if they did,
Then you yorubas also migrated from togo,
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol you feel hurts. Bini shame ass licker. If you need help from yoruba people you all trynna come and saying you are part of Yoruba but after giving you all ur damn freedom you gonna come up by saying your ain't under yoruba race.. Remember your past oba have ones said Benin oba is under Oni of Ife oba. So drop your pompous and trynna grow up the way yoruba are growing up around the world. For ur information yoruba is well recognized around the world more than your language. Type on Google first class oba of yoruba you gonna see ur oba is under oba of Ife and oyo... Benin no level abeg go drink water aND cool your heart...
Binidefender:

Lagos is no and Las never been part of yoruba lanf, you people like to land grab ,
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
Morenikeji070:
Lagos is no and has never been part of yoruba lanf, you people like to land grab ,
Eguns did not migrate to Nigeria bro Eguns are indigenous to lagos state , if they did,
Then you yorubas also migrated from togo,..
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol see yoruba migrated from ile ife present day called Osun state. Go drink pain killer. Pls
Binidefender:

Lagos is no and has never been part of yoruba lanf, you people like to land grab ,
Eguns did not migrate to Nigeria bro Eguns are indigenous to lagos state , if they did,
Then you yorubas also migrated from togo,..
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by ucham: 10:35am On Aug 01, 2019
As a neutral observer, all i can say is that the bini guys on this thread have brought verifiable facts to substantiate their claim. I don't know how anybody can dispute written documented fact.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Edokingdom: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
ucham:
As a neutral observer, all i can say is that the bini guys on this thread have brought verifiable facts to substantiate their claim. I don't know how anybody can dispute written documented fact.
Yes you are right
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Weedfree: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2019
By facts u mean just maps then use they have made claims only infants will belief.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by macof(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
ucham:
grin grin
A neutral observer in a non intellectual country like Nigeria that is filled with ethnic bigots?
You must be kidding. A neutral observer would rather say nothing, because your remark would only fuel the conflict

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 18, 2019
macof:
grin grin
A neutral observer in a non intellectual country like Nigeria that is filled with ethnic bigots?
You must be kidding. A neutral observer would rather say nothing, because your remark would only fuel the conflict
you seem focused on his identity rather than on his speech. So if a non Yoruba tells you good morning, you will assume it is 5 pm ? You are right about the lack of brain cells in Nigeria and also about bigotry. I hope you realize that you are far from immune.
Also, not everybody on nairaland lives in Nigeria or is Nigerian.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by MetaPhysical: 4:23am On Aug 18, 2019
Edo ancestors roamed forests unclad when Ife established first dynasty on that land and slowly gave them civilization.

On Oranmiyan's arrival they were still very primitive and backward.

Even now, after centuries of cultural mingling...still backward!

The only pride is their foreigner King, in essence they are proud of Yoruba ruling over them.

Ask them to share anything native Edo has ever exported to influence other cultures. Nothing!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Edo ancestors roamed forests unclad when Ife established first dynasty on that land and slowly gave them civilization.

On Oranmiyan's arrival they were still very primitive and backward.

Even now, after centuries of cultural mingling...still backward!

The only pride is their foreigner King, in essence they are proud of Yoruba ruling over them.

Ask them to share anything native Edo has ever exported to influence other cultures. Nothing!

oranmiyan, oduduwa, ogiso ... Those are fables, made up stories. Your claims are laughable. The Oba of Benin is 100% Edo. Yoruba never ruled over any non Yoruba, most Yoruba were even led by non Yoruba: brazilian slaves, Dahomey kingdom, Ilorin ...

Before the arrival of the British, ife had almost no architecture while Benin city, the capital of Benin kingdom, had beautiful houses and city walls.

Many of the people now calling themselves Yoruba are recorded to have been citizens of Benin kingdom in the precolonial era.

What you are doing is claiming Edo heritage and then turning back to say Edo are proud of your belongings.

It is weird to see a people A claiming an other people B's king, claiming B's art, claiming B's history, claiming B's everything and then saying B has nothing, their pride is what we offered them ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2Tac1gNPU
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by MetaPhysical: 6:16am On Aug 18, 2019
oranmiyan, oduduwa, ogiso ... Those are fables, made up stories. Your claims are laughable. The Oba of Benin is 100% Edo. Yoruba never ruled over any non Yoruba, most Yoruba were even led by non Yoruba: brazilian slaves, Dahomey kingdom, Ilorin ...

Before the arrival of the British, ife had almost no architecture while Benin city, the capital of Benin kingdom, had beautiful houses and city walls.

Many of the people now calling themselves Yoruba are recorded to have been citizens of Benin kingdom in the precolonial era.

What you are doing is claiming Edo heritage and then turning back to say Edo are proud of your belongings.

It is weird to see a people A claiming an other people B's king, claiming B's art, claiming B's history, claiming B's everything and then saying B has nothing, their pride is what we offered them ...

You have a son of fabled ancestors ruling over you. Omo n' Oba is the scion of Eweka, son of Oranmiyan.

We dont call him Omo n'Oba for nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by macof(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2019
you seem focused on his identity rather than on his speech. So if a non Yoruba tells you good morning, you will assume it is 5 pm ? You are right about the lack of brain cells in Nigeria and also about bigotry. I hope you realize that you are far from immune.
Also, not everybody on nairaland lives in Nigeria or is Nigerian.
your post is so useless and stupid. It doesn't deserve a decent response from me
Oh good you deleted your account. Hopefully this forum is free from one more iidiot

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Morenikeji070:
lies
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lol in this case na your forefathers get lagos then not yoruba. Yoruba's are Hella dope
Binidefender:

lies

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2019
Morenikeji070:
Lol in this case na your forefathers get lagos then not yoruba. Yoruba's are Hella dope
yes , yorubas never owned it
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by macof(m): 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
Binidefender:

This thing is very simple... Go to Lagos and claim it
Stop making noise and displaying your idiocy on every social media. Go there physically and take your land grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 9:47am On Oct 14, 2019
Fuckoff nastyass ode people.
Binidefender:

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Olu317(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019

Obviously, you don't know much about Yoruba history. Any way, let me leave you to your opinion that's without fact. Go to do more studying instead of being bias.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Obalufon: 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
Binidefender:

Benin flown to lagos abi bloody fool?..stop deceiving yourself.. ijebu never claim ownership of Lagos even though they contributed almost 50% of Lagos land mass Eko belongs to the Aworis from ile- Ife ...presence of Benin in Lagos is through the Portuguese explorer and trader that brought a Benin prince to Lagos aboard their merchant ship to Lagos and is only a small portion known as Eko Lagos island

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by deluckiest(m): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
I don't want to go into details here but the records backed by facts should be taken serious and not those who fail to present their arguments with only claims with no proof of facts and you could see the bitterness in the lines because of their tribal sentiments. I will find time later to contribute to this topic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
We didn't read all this when Lagos was not a megacity, you can't even claim the esan and AKOKO edo closer to you, you're claiming Lagos, which part did you own, no street in Lagos with bini name, even the eyo festival is by the awori.

Bini was the biggest state when the Portuguese came, the reason they used it to represent the towns of lower naija on their maps, by fact the awori has been in Lagos long time ago, and before you can lay claim to Lagos, there must have been a war between awori and the binis, but there's not, eko means oko (farm) in awori dialect and when the prince of Benin arrived in eko, he didnt have a choice than to use the name because it means settlement in edo language

The political system in Lagos is of yoruba, because Dahomey paid tributes to the alaafin doesn't mean yoruba owns the place

If you still persist you're the owner, go to alausa and meet sanwo olu, dont forget to branch the oba palace too in island, show them your maps and links and stop all this ewar and tribalistic post

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Obalufon: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
deluckiest:
I don't want to go into details here but the records backed by facts should be taken serious and not those who fail to present their arguments with only claims with no proof of facts and you could see the bitterness in the lines because of their tribal sentiments. I will find time later to contribute to this topic.

you are a fool.... i have given you a fact, prove yours Mr monkey let us know how Benin get to Lagos , they probably flown over ijebu to get to Lagos .. when it took British a year war to have a safe passage through ijebu land i laugh in Chinese

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
We didn't read all this when Lagos was not a megacity, you can't even claim the esan and AKOKO edo closer to you, you're claiming Lagos, which part did you own, no street in Lagos with bini name, even the eyo festival is by the awori.

Bini was the biggest state when the Portuguese came, the reason they used it to represent the towns of lower naija on their maps, by fact the awori has been in Lagos long time ago, and before you can lay claim to Lagos, there must have been a war between awori and the binis, but there's not, eko means oko (farm) in awori dialect and when the prince of Benin arrived in eko, he didnt have a choice than to use the name because it means settlement in edo language

The political system in Lagos is of yoruba, because Dahomey paid tributes to the alaafin doesn't mean yoruba owns the place

If you still persist you're the owner, go to alausa and meet sanwo olu, dont forget to branch the oba palace too in island, show them your maps and links and stop all this ewar and tribalistic post
You are dreaming, when the Oba of Benin went to visit Esanland and Akoko Edo, their kings recognized him as their father, it is on video. The same thing happened in Warri, the same thing happened with Lagos. Also you have the precolonial maps of the region which show Lagos to be part of Benin empire.
So stop dreaming.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Obalufon: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
justnairalande:
You are dreaming, when the Oba of Benin went to visit Esanland and Akoko Edo, their kings recognized him as their father, it is on video. The same thing happened in Warri, the same thing happened with Lagos. Also you have the precolonial maps of the region which show Lagos to be part of Benin empire.
So stop dreaming.

You are definitely on Hard drug Mr Ovie Edo and is not good for you ...Benin Empire ?? Laughing in Portuguese..Do you know what empire means. how many kingdom do you have under your empire... Even Igala kingdom that was way superior to Benin militarily has never been refers to as an Empire you people had no means of fast transportation then, Oba Benin was revere because of Oduduwa Lineage... Lagos has never been part of Benin kingdom and it will never be, if you like hit your head on Lagos bridge or jump into Lagos lagoon Mr man...Lagos is not Lagos Island ..Eko is a small portion of Lagos island..Benin influence is through the Portuguese explorer.. Aworis had been trading with lagosian before Benin Royal stepped foot on Eko soil Lagos Island..Portuguese get to know about Benin kingdom from the Itshekiri....
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
I usually don't have time to respond to hate filled trolls who just vomit their venom with no facts, but today I am stuck in a train station.

Obalufon:

You are definitely on Hard drug Mr Ovie Edo and is not good for you ...Benin Empire ?? Laughing in Portuguese..Do you know what empire means. how many kingdom do you have under your empire...

Some pre olonial maps of West Africa:

Some of the maps:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7759521n.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b846939
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2019
Obalufon:

Even Igala kingdom that was way superior to Benin militarily

Says who ? I mean, you personally witnessed both armies in combat or are you quoting a person who witnessed both armies ? Nope, you are just speaking out of hatred.
If Igala was superior to Benin then please locate the bight of Igala, locate Igala republic and also show me a precolonial text which credits the Igala as much as Benin is credited in precolonial texts and maps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olubadan: Markets To Shut Down In Oyo On Monday / Igbos Originally From Ethiopia / Emir Sanusi Sues Kano Anti-graft Agency From Probing His Financial Dealings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.