Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini (9628 Views)

Lagos Belongs To The Great Benin Kingdom: OBA OF LAGOS / Lagos Ownership: Don't Beat The Drums Of War, Lagos Belongs To The Aworis / Lagos Belongs To Awori, The Bini Met Them There- Akintoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Weedfree: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
prolog3111:
I think you are officially brain dead. I put up my claim, then I back it with proof in the form of precolonial maps. You ask for more proof and go on to make unsubstantiated claims. You the same guy asking me for more proof ? And you even classify your claims as "proof". Boy your teachers need to be shot...I think if you had an ounce of well functionning brain, then you would stop talking right now. I am not willing to go into more of your inconsistencies, including those on your commentsvwhich I did not address.

Kid i can tell u re retarded from u statement over looking the evidence i kept forward with no means of counteracting them but just saying the same thing over again real mature. Dude i mean really do some research cause right now u sound like an amateur reallying on maps instead of historical records past down which are more relevant than maps. I mean have u bothered to research on the history of the Eguns to see when they arrived in Lagos or u need a map to tell. Now u re just pissing me off with ur ignorance and low brain cells.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Weedfree: 8:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
prolog3111:
Nothing you say was recorded ! Including your imaginary olofin. What was recorded is that the region was part of Benin empire. Get that !

Typical Benin thinking everything that things that contradicts what they say doesn't exist then who lead the Aworis out of ife was it the Benin. Cause if u know u can tell me.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
Weedfree:

Kid i can tell u re retarded from u statement over looking the evidence i kept forward with no means of counteracting them but just saying the same thing over again real mature. Dude i mean really do some research cause right now u sound like an amateur reallying on maps instead of historical records past down which are more relevant than maps. I mean have u bothered to research on the history of the Eguns to see when they arrived in Lagos or u need a map to tell. Now u re just pissing me off with ur ignorance and low brain cells.
what do you refer to as "historical records" ? For your information, the rest of the world considers precolonial maps historical records. I repeat myself because you guys lack common sense. Historical record means documents which were made in the period which we are studying. Is this too hard for you ? Should I dumb it down ?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Weedfree:

Typical Benin thinking everything that things that contradicts what they say doesn't exist then who lead the Aworis out of ife was it the Benin. Cause if u know u can tell me.
So I should be the one to find suitable ramifications to your Yoruba fabricated story ?
History is not about telling a story, it is about claiming things which are backed by documents written in the period which is being studied. It is stupid to believe you are going to be able to tell accurately a story which supposedly took place more than 600 years ago which nobody of that era wrote down. Is this too hard for you ? You guys are so braindead you can absolutely not differentiate between fiction and actual history. The things you assume as facts are really scary, it shows your total lack of intellect. You people's ife Genesis theory is very easily debunked.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Weedfree: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
prolog3111:
what do you refer to as "historical records" ? For your information, the rest of the world considers precolonial maps historical records. I repeat myself because you guys lack common sense. Historical record means documents which were made in the period which we are studying. Is this too hard for you ? Should I dumb it down ?

What i refer to as historical records can also be called recorded history which i mentioned in my previous post.
And for ur information people pay more attention to recorded history than maps. People have been rellying on recorded history far back has 5000 years ago which is pretty old. So has i said people rely more on recorded history than ur so called maps..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Weedfree: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
prolog3111:
So I should be the one to find suitable ramifications to your Yoruba fabricated story ?
History is not about telling a story, it is about claiming things which are backed by documents written in the period which is being studied. It is stupid to believe you are going to be able to tell accurately a story which supposedly took place more than 600 years ago which nobody of that era wrote down. Is this too hard for you ? You guys are so braindead you can absolutely not differentiate between fiction and actual history. The things you assume as facts are really scary, it shows your total lack of intellect. You people's ife Genesis theory is very easily debunked.

First u were talking about how people rely more on maps and now u re saying documents kid pick one.
Yet again saying am Yoruba will that's up to u. And if u don't know who led them then don't act like a smart a**. And they do have oral accounts which may be true or not but nobody has disproof it yet.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
Weedfree:

First u were talking about how people rely more on maps and now u re saying documents kid pick one.
Yet again saying am Yoruba will that's up to u. And if u don't know who led them then don't act like a smart a**. And they do have oral accounts which may be true or not but nobody has disproof it yet.
You are too dumb to discuss with me. I hope you know this. Else I would take it as an insult. You should be discussing with toddlers. All you say is complete rubbish which makes 0 sense. In a world with sane people, you prove your own claims before they are considered facts. You don't just make a bunch of claims and then say they stand until disproven! Everybody can play that game. Everybody can make wonderful claims. What matters are claims with proof. Don't ever talk to me again, you are too dumb.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by goalernestman: 9:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
baby124:

The same guy debunked this video in the article I posted. Where do the Oniru and Aromire families come from. Despite being from Lagos Island and Lagos? So many families like them by the way. You are a joker. The Benin ancestry is only the obaship of his small territory. There are so many other royal families. Lots of families on Lagos Island came with Olofin and they have no Benin ancestry except maybe intermarriage with those who might have.

Eko means camp in Benin
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by baby124: 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
goalernestman:

Eko means camp in Benin
Lagos Island was a pepper and cassava farm. It was Oko. Bastardized as Eko.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by goalernestman: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
baby124:

Lagos Island was a pepper and cassava farm. It was Oko. Bastardized as Eko.

There was no royalty before King Ado, not even a palace. The birth of the royalty of Lagos Island was from King Ado and since he conquered the place and name it Eko, makes all who succeed him his descendants. And also Eko is a Benin word and it fact while yours is fabricated.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by baby124: 10:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
goalernestman:

There was no royalty before King Ado, not even a palace. The birth of the royalty of Lagos Island was from King Ado and since he conquered the place and name it Eko, makes all who succeed him his descendants. And also Eko is a Benin word and it fact while yours is fabricated.
There was royalty. He was called Olofin. His descendants own the land in Lagos Island. That is Ikoyi, VI and the up to Ijora. Ijebu’s own most of Lekki to Ikorodu. Other Awori clans own mainland. So even apart from Olofin, there were others. Oba of Benin just put his men in one small palace on Lagos Island. Don’t disgrace yourself. Do your research. It’s like you all want Eleko to be humbled before you rest.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Weedfree: 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
prolog3111:
You are too dumb to discuss with me. I hope you know this. Else I would take it as an insult. You should be discussing with toddlers. All you say is complete rubbish which makes 0 sense. In a world with sane people, you prove your own claims before they are considered facts. You don't just make a bunch of claims and then say they stand until disproven! Everybody can play that game. Everybody can make wonderful claims. What matters are claims with proof. Don't ever talk to me again, you are too dumb.

I believe your ancestors were dumb and selfish because they took all your intelligence with them and left you with with mio mio leaves for a brain. You rely too much on white men histroy about africa. Make use of empirical and structural research like i have done. Be wise and stop being a fool, join the Wisemen club and i would make sure you are added to my clique of intellucal individuals. Now run along and go piss someone else off u jerk a**.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by MetaPhysical: 3:20am On Jun 25, 2019
Weedfree:

I believe your ancestors were dumb and selfish because they took all your intelligence with them and left you with with mio mio leaves for a brain. You rely too much on white men histroy about africa. Make use of empirical and structural research like i have done. Be wise and stop being a fool, join the Wisemen club and i would make sure you are added to my clique of intellucal individuals. Now run along and go piss someone else off u jerk a**.

dayam! angry
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by MetaPhysical: 3:25am On Jun 25, 2019
goalernestman:

Omo n'Oba is the key to every thing about Bini. The ancestry of Bini is in Ife. Ife brought civilization to where is now known as Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by MetaPhysical: 3:26am On Jun 25, 2019
prolog3111:

Did you not have your own record that talked about you before whiteman? Share those records that pre-dated whiteman. Start from there...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by goalernestman: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Omo n'Oba is the key to every thing about Bini. The ancestry of Bini is in Ife. Ife brought civilization to where is now known as Edo.

just as igodomigodo brought to ife. Do you want us to go to mith now or decorated fact.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by goalernestman: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Just as igodomigodo brought to ife. Do you want us to go to mith now or decorated fact.
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Favor99(m): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2019
Mods please ban all these people that use fake monikers to start e-wars.
The op is clearly not Edo, and he has come about starting unnecessary divisions and fights
People like the op like to keep tribalism alive

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by MetaPhysical: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
goalernestman:

Just as igodomigodo brought to ife. Do you want us to go to mith now or decorated fact.

Im telling you history backed with artefacts and excavated dvidence.

Your first state rulership was Ogiso, they were chiefs, not kings. Prior to the Edo had no system of rulership. You were not cvivilized to know how to rule. Rulership was introduced to your land by foreigners from civilized Ife.

This act was repeated with a kingdom, also from foreigners from Ife. This is where Omo n Oba came from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by goalernestman: 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Im telling you history backed with artefacts and excavated dvidence.

Your first state rulership was Ogiso, they were chiefs, not kings. Prior to the Edo had no system of rulership. You were not cvivilized to know how to rule. Rulership was introduced to your land by foreigners from civilized Ife.

This act was repeated with a kingdom, also from foreigners from Ife. This is where Omo n Oba came from.

Bla bla bla. you think they will just travel down to ife just for king who did not conquer them without any link before?
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Edokingdom: 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
We own lagos, and we will continue
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by nubianwarrior: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
Bini are illegal invaders,awori,egba,ijebu and egun are the original inhabitants owners of lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 10:56pm On Jul 02, 2019
nubianwarrior:
Bini are illegal invaders,awori,egba,ijebu and egun are the original inhabitants owners of lagos
You are not certain about what, don't spew trash go and read history of lagos
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Old story. Over played, refuted many times. No need to waste time on dead end stories in Nairaland. grin grin
Lzaa must hear this.

Cc T9ksy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by LZAA: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
immhotep:

Lzaa must hear this.

Cc T9ksy
51% tinz
Metaphysical right now grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Belawy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
This one just dry oose rubbish
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
nubianwarrior:
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by macof(m): 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
goalernestman:

Eko means camp in Benin
How interesting. Edo means camp in Yoruba

Going by this logic, should we conclude Edo is Yoruba?
What does Edo mean in Bini language?
The local Awori will tell you Eko means farm in their dialect, which is consistent with the records that the area was a large farmland

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by macof(m): 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
Edokingdom:
We own lagos, and we will continue
You don't even own Esanland as close as Esan people are to Bini. It's Aworiland you wish to claim

Instead of fostering unity with people closer to you

Watch your steps, going about creating enemies out of people who ought to be taken as brothers will present a lot of problems for you.

Its funny how nobody speaks Bini outside Bini city and it's immediate environs but everyone is Bini grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Morenikeji070: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol foolish post. We yoruba own lagos... go Google and search the history.. damn ass post
Binidefender:
ICYMI: Bini, not Yoruba, are original owners of Lagos – Ajayi-Bembe

Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe,

A former President of the Association of Lagos State Indigenes, Chief Layi Ajayi-Bembe, in this interview with BAYO AKINLOYE says the real owners of Lagos are the Bini, not the Yoruba

What is your lineage as a Lagosian?

My grandfather was Ajayi Bembe; the eighth Obanikoro of Lagos – my father was the last of his children. My mother was the first child of Gbajabiamila (of Olowogbowo fame) – of course, of Lagos. When it comes to the ownership of Lagos, it is sad when people talk about Lagos being no man’s land or Lagos being part of Yoruba land – I consider that position to be an abomination. Yes, because of the affinity or geographical location of Lagos, we’re nearer to the South-West (the Yoruba) than to other regions. It should be stated that Lagos has always been independent of the West. When I returned from England, (Chief Obafemi) Awolowo was in prison; before I came back to Nigeria, there had been agitations that Lagos wasn’t part of the West. No doubt that a lot of us speak Yoruba – in my family, we’re Bini. Oba of Lagos (Rilwan Akiolu) was completely right that the early settlers in Lagos were the Awori and the Bini. We’re talking about the Island of Lagos.
Extending it to the east of Lagos, you have Oshodi, the Tapa (from Niger State) were there. And, of course, we knew one another. I don’t understand why some of our brothers in the West think that we can be enslaved by them. In all my years, I have not seen what Afenifere has done for Lagos to inspire me because during the last constitutional conference, they were not talking about Lagos; they were talking about themselves. Don’t forget that the so-called Edo State was part of the West before. But to say Lagos is part of Yoruba land is not fair; it is not charitable. And when kabiyesi now said, Lagos is Bini, not only because we came from Benin, there are signs and relics of Benin all over Isale Eko. And obas (in Lagos) – we don’t call them ‘obas’, we call them ‘eleko’. My grandfather said in 1903 that when there was a dispute of which traditional rulers should wear crowns – my grandfather was at that meeting. Ooni of Ife had to come all the way from Ife to Lagos upon the invitation of Governor (John Hawley) Glover. And the question they asked him (Ooni) was, ‘Who are the obas that should wear crowns?’ He mentioned them – Lagos was not part of the list. We don’t wear crowns in Lagos. I remember, Pa Edegbele – that’s Prof. Edegbele’s father – when he said ‘oba’ is alien to Yoruba land that only the Bini use that title, there was a furore over that. But Edegbele was right. Note that politicians have done a lot of havoc in Yoruba land more than in other regions of the country. Nobody is going to doubt the hegemony of the Sultan of Sokoto in the North. But the Yoruba are fond of creating problems among themselves in Yoruba land. Permit me to digress: look at the recent installation of some kings in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital. A governor created 21 kings, for what? Is that what the people need at a time when the masses are hungry, civil servants are owed salaries and basic amenities are not available? It now appears there are more rulers than the ruled.
Source
https://punchng.com/bini-not-yoruba-are-original-owners-of-lagos-ajayi-bembe/
Re: Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini by Binidefender: 1:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Morenikeji070:
Lol foolish post. We yoruba own lagos... go Google and search the history.. damn ass post
Lago's has never been yoruba land, bro, yoruba's are sethers in lagos,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbos Originally From Ethiopia / Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage / Emir Sanusi Sues Kano Anti-graft Agency From Probing His Financial Dealings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.