Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* (744 Views)

Adeoye Emerges Speaker Of Ekiti 7th Assembly / Edo Speaker Okiye Impeached, New Speaker Emerges / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by oviosun: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
*EDHA inaugurated, Okiye emerges speaker*

*...sitting adjourned to July 17, 2019*

The much-anticipated inauguration of the Edo state House of Assembly took place in Benin City at around 3pm, on Monday, June 17, 2019.

The Clerk of the Edo House of Assembly, Alhaji Audu Yahaya Omogbai, ushered the members-elect into the chamber and read out the letter of proclamation transmitted to the office of the clerk by the Executive Governor of Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki.

After reading the letter, the clerk proclaimed the House and the members-elect began the process of electing the House leadership, with Rt. Hon. Frank Okiye of Esan North East Constituency I, emerging the Speaker, while Hon. Yekini Idiaye of Akoko Edo Constituency I, was elected Deputy Speaker.

Upon completion of the process of swearing-in, the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Okiye took charge of proceedings and thanked all the members-elect present for the confidence reposed in him, promising that he would work for the people of Edo State.

He also called on members-elect who have not satisfied the process of swearing-in, which includes the completion of the asset declaration form, to do so speedily so they could be inaugurated to undertake the task for which the people elected them.

The speaker also declared that the lines of communication with the executive arm of government and all other organs of government officially open.

According to him, “It is with the deepest sense of humility that I receive this call to serve the people and I assure that I will do all in my power to serve their best interest at all times. I congratulate my colleagues and fellow members who are today inaugurated and urge other members-elect who are yet to meet up with the requirements for inauguration to do so without delay so they can join this honorable house in the discharge of its responsibilities.”

The motion for adjournment was raised by the Speaker and the House was adjourned till July 17, 2019.

The reason for the long period of adjournment, it was gathered, was to make room for logistics for their allocation of accommodation, offices, vehicles and other materials to make for smooth legislative activities.

A legislative committee was set up to superintend over the logistics of the allocation to ensure a smooth exercise. The committee was chaired by Hon. Roland Asoro of Orhionwon South Constituency.

Among members present at the inauguration are Hon. Nosa Okunbor; Hon. Henry Okuarobo; Hon. Uyi Ekhosuehi; Hon. Marcus Onobun; Hon. Ephraim Anehbosele; Hon. Roland Asoro; Hon. Eric Okaka; Hon Frank Okiye and Hon Yekini Idiaye.

PHOTO CAPTION
DSC_01
R-L: Newly sworn-in Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Frank Okiye and Clerk of the House, Alhaji Audu Yahaya Omogbai, during the inauguration of the Assembly on Monday, June 17, 2019

Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by summygee1: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2019
What a contradiction.
The inauguration was done around 10pm not 3pm.
Only 9 members loyal to the Governor were inaugurated. 15 members yet to be inaugurated we not informed.
A member was inaugurated wearing shorts like it was a child's play.

1 Like

Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by buharitill2023: 1:34am On Jun 18, 2019
summygee1:
What a contradiction.
Only 9 members loyal to the Governor were inaugurated. 15 members yet to be inaugurated we not informed.
that means obaseki will be impeach very soon.
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by borntoexcel2000(m): 4:59am On Jun 18, 2019
Lol
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by vowiski(m): 5:27am On Jun 18, 2019
buharitill2023:

Funny man who was not born in Nigeria or has a very weak memory... Ambode was a nervous disgrace, he doesn't know the powers of a Governor. OSHIOMOLE moved the House of Assembly to Governement house when they were plans to impeach him and heaven did not fall. cheesy

When we set a bad precedent, let not forget posterity. OSHIOMOLE started this rubbish. His boy is the deputy governor, and he is one of the brain behind this, using his master skills to manoeuvre him...

Governors don't learn. IZE IYAMU and LUCKY IGBINEDION brought OSHIIOMOLE, he betrayed them both. HE picked OBASEKI, and he will deal with him....

Too much powers are given to governors and the president in this country... So until that changes, forget your noise of impeachment... if APC doesn't fix their house, I see PDP waking into their government house because OBASEKI has just shown he is not a walk over and will play dirty.

1 Like

Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
How? 2/3 of 24 is 16. The yet to be inaugurated are 15. All Speaker has to do is suspend 3 key loyalists of Oshomole and the rest will file behind Obaseki. Amaechi ran with 3 legislators, so not new.
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by Indispensable85(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2019
summygee1:
What a contradiction.

Obaseki fall my hand.
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by buharitill2023: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2019
vowiski:
Ambode was a nervous disgrace, he doesn't know the powers of a Gov. OSHo moved the House of Assembly to Governement house when they were plans to impeach him cheesy
When we set a bad precedent, let not forget posterity. OSHo started this rubbish. His boy is the deputy governor, and he is one of the brain behind this, IZE IYAMU and LUCKY brought OSHo, he betrayed them both. HE picked OBASEKI, and he will deal with him....
Too much powers are given to governors and the president in this country... So until that changes, I see PDP waking into their government house because OBASEKI has just shown he is not a walk over and will play dirty.
obaseki is too small to deal with oshomole, btw ambode and obaseki who is more politically mature, and osho stil has all the political structure like tinubu. That was how idiotic pigs were making noise for ambode, stil remember osho is not like oyegun, ize iyamu was not a national chairman, and deputy gov is stil loyal to oshomole
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by Indispensable85(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2019
vowiski:

Funny man who was not born in Nigeria or has a very weak memory... Ambode was a nervous disgrace, he doesn't know the powers of a Governor. OSHIOMOLE moved the House of Assembly to Governement house when they were plans to impeach him and heaven did not fall. cheesy

When we set a bad precedent, let not forget posterity. OSHIOMOLE started this rubbish. His boy is the deputy governor, and he is one of the brain behind this, using his master skills to manoeuvre him...

Governors don't learn. IZE IYAMU and LUCKY IGBINEDION brought OSHIIOMOLE, he betrayed them both. HE picked OBASEKI, and he will deal with him....

Too much powers are given to governors and the president in this country... So until that changes, forget your noise of impeachment... if APC doesn't fix their house, I see PDP waking into their government house because OBASEKI has just shown he is not a walk over and will play dirty.

What you don't know or probably pretend not to know is that oshiomhole had a solid majority of about 15 lawmakers on his side. But obaseki obviously doesn't have that. He has only succeeded in causing more crises for himself.
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by buharitill2023: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2019
Amitez:

How? 2/3 of 24 is 16. The yet to be inaugurated are 15. All Speaker has to do is suspend 3 key loyalists of Oshomole and the rest will file behind Obaseki. Amaechi ran with 3 legislators, so not new.
just imaging ur level of reasoning, obaseki actually has 5 loyal members from esanland, other 4 members are stil loyal to osho, 19 members has already sign the impeachment.. Obaseki is too small to escape, if ambode that is more politically mature could not escape, is it immature obaseki that can escape the impediment?
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2019
buharitill2023:
just imaging ur level of reasoning, obaseki actually has 5 loyal members from esanland, other 4 members are stil loyal to osho, 19 members has already sign the impeachment.. Obaseki is too small to escape, if ambode that is more politically mature could not escape, is it immature obaseki that can escape the impediment?
Lmao, Edo no be Lagos state
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by hisexcellency34: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2019
That lawmaker wearing shorts must be Obaseki's gateman
Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by Born2Breed(f): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2019
Obaseki to Oshiomole..... grin

This movie go interesting oh

Re: EDHA Inaugurated, Okiye Emerges Speaker* by hotplate: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2019
obaseki has beaten them to their game...I once said that obaseki needs to play smart as a politician and stop that technocrat bullshit to win this fight... welcome development!

(1) (Reply)

Can't Buhari's Supporters See That The Economy Is Collapsing? / If I Were President (opinion) / Obasanjo Lists All Corrupt Elements In Buhari’s Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.