Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? (4658 Views)

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / Ever Re-read Your Posts And Felt Embarassed? / Have U Ever Felt U Should Commit Suicide? State Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by hotangel2(f): 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2006
I don't know if it's just me.. maybe im weird or sumtin (yeah i know im kind of weird.. but this is scary).

Sometimes, somethings happen and i just get the.. "OMG, this happened before" feeling. It was Exactly the same way.

I don't know how to explain, but have you ever felt like.. a day has happened before.. or like something happened before the exact same way. I'm not talking about seeing visions or anything. The thing happens before you remember that it has happened before. SHould i see a psych? Am i insane? cheesy cheesy cheesy No jokes.. I'm serious.

My friend said it happens to her too.. and that's why im still cool with it. Then again, my friend is a weirdo (much love shila). I want to know if this happens to you.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by goodguy(m): 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2006
Yeah. It happens to me alot. I guess it happens to everyone.

For instance, when I'm talking with someone, then the person says something, I get this feeling that, that statement has been made by that person sometime before, at that same place, at that particular time, under the same condition. Infact, I atimes feel those were the same clothes we were putting on when that statement was made in the past. But then, I feel I must have dreamt of it sometime ago. Does this have any scientific (psychological??) explanation? undecided

Pls note that this does not happen everytime. Thank you. cool
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by hotangel2(f): 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2006
It does? So im not insane. Good.

But it happens like almost every 4, 5 days. Just keeps happening.. and sh!t is scaring me. My other friend said it doesnt happen to her..
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by yummy(m): 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2006
it happens to me as well
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by Advin(m): 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2006
yeah, it just happened to me now. I tot today was 18 July, 1989.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by goodguy(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2006
mumu grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by Advin(m): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2006
thank you grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by yummy(m): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2006
shocked easy o
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by hotangel2(f): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2006
Advinchi:

yeah, it just happened to me now. I tot today was 18 July, 1989.
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by goodguy(m): 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2006
He's passing a message across. Better close ur ears b4 he snatches u away from me. grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by WesleyanA(f): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2006
that's déjà vu for you!!!

happens to me too.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by hotangel2(f): 12:06am On Jan 17, 2006
That's what someone told me this time i asked him. He was like it's deja vu.

I tot that was a movie right? And i was like.. "ohh to hell wit u". Now i just checked the dictionary and found it.

dé·jà vu Audio pronunciation of "deja vu" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dzhä v)
n.

1. Psychology. The illusion of having already experienced something actually being experienced for the first time.
1. An impression of having seen or experienced something before: Old-timers watched the stock-market crash with a distinct sense of déjà vu.
2. Dull familiarity; monotony: the déjà vu of the tabloid headlines.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by kaylala(m): 12:11am On Jan 17, 2006
Its been a while since i felt that way.

hot-angel:

But it happens like almost every 4, 5 days. Just keeps happening..

is that normal
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by Wendydoks(f): 12:16am On Jan 17, 2006
trust me YES!!!!!! sad i thot i was the only one who notices this. not quite the whole the exactly but most parts of it sad
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by buckeye(m): 2:12am On Jan 17, 2006
yeah, it happens alot.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by truthhurts(f): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2006
WesleyanA:

that's déjà vu for you!!!

happens to me too.

wow! didnt know dats wat its called, well for me i kind of feel it has happened probably in my dreams rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by layi(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2006
In the medical School, we called this phenomenon "Paramnesia" a.k.a Déjà vu - french for "already seen".

The opposite efffect is called Jamais vu: explicitly not remembering having seen something before. The person knows it has happened before, but the experience feels unfamiliar.

The most likely explanation, according to scientists in these fields, is that theéjà vu is not an act of "precognition" but just an anomaly of memory; it is the impression that an experience is "being recalled" which is false.

In most cases the sense of "recollection" at that time is strong, but any circumstances of the "previous" experience (when, where and how the earlier experience occurrd) are quite uncertain
Hot-angel has probably built up her brain to experience this more often.

the only negative side of this experience is that it has been associated wit several neurological disorders like epilepsy, schizophrenia and anxiety.
So scientifically Its an "illusion", possibly a neurological anomaly related to improper electrical discharge in the brain.

Anyway thats the scientific explanation. I believe it points to our spiritualilty. man know thyself. U are actually a spirit living in that body of urs. Science may be right but who knows your spirit beign may be the puppet master triggering that effect.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by goodguy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2006
I normally experience this like once in every 20 days.

@Layi, thanks for the explanation.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by snazzydawn(f): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2006
well,I also get that feeling!!!
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by uniben82(f): 5:43pm On Jan 19, 2006
Hello there!
I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop in. I don't know anyone of you yet(though I bumped into Wesleyan yesterday). However, I hope in time that'll all change. Hot angel, if this experience becomes persistent and begins to interfer with your daily routine, I'd listen to layi's take on the situation and make an appointment to see a neurologist. For now, here's some biblically based perspective to ponder...
"Whatever exists today and whatever will exist in the future has already existed in the past. For God calls each event back in its turn" (Ecclesiastes 3:15). Please take this with a grain of salt if you like.
Have a nice day everyone!
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by WesleyanA(f): 12:52am On Jan 20, 2006
hey Uniben, welcome to NL grin grin

i didn't notice you were a new member in the other thread. my mistake. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by hotangel2(f): 1:13am On Jan 20, 2006
i dont have any disorder ooo.

I used to think it's because my name is Yetunde. (maybe the old woman is working in my brain.. lipsrsealed )
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by adesodgi(m): 10:26am On Jan 20, 2006
it happens to me alot,and sometime i think may be i had a dream am leaving up to... grin ,wot are these things they make nairaland look like the dawn of vampires,admin these sh!t aint cool at all...
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by uniben82(f): 2:33pm On Jan 20, 2006
Well, thank you Wesley if you don't mind me calling you that. Unless of course you prefer Weslayan.
Have a great day guys!(this includes the ladies too) grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by snazzydawn(f): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2006
Welcome to NL,uniben
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by smartsoft(m): 12:57am On Jan 21, 2006
Sure it happen wella wella to me.. at least it happend.. 2weeks ago to me
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by vichel(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2006
It just happened to me today tongue, but not on a regular basis, but like once every three months or less
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by christyne(f): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2006
Yea,i've felt it before.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by kaylala(m): 12:58am On Jan 24, 2006
cool
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by Jalal(m): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2006
Yeah it happens to me too, sometimes am doing something or looking at something or something happens and i feel in my mind that that scene has happened before, the French rightly coined it when they called it "deja vu" ie already seen or already taken place.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by adesodgi(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2006
still happened this morning.. shocked
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like A Day Has Happened Before? by luridguy(m): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2006
am really happy to know am not the only one...............for me its not really the day per say its more like just a part of the day like last week i was with my friends and we were talking and i looked at what each of us was wearing and what i was wearing and what we where talking about it just looked so familiar like it had happend b/4 ..............its just wierd

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need An Information For Nigeria Navy / GRACE UPON GRACE (part 3) 2016 Nigeria Nollywood Latest And Newest Movie / Which Five Romancelander Will You Miss Most If Your Account Is Deactivated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.