Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

US Government Starts Building Border Wall - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Government Starts Building Border Wall (51913 Views)

Trump’s Border Wall Breached By Smugglers Over 3,000 Times, Records Reveal / ₦900Billion: President Trump Celebrates After US Court Grant Border Wall Funding / Construction Of U.S/Mexico Border Wall Prototype In California Desert(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Stefan111(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
aaronson:
Okay, Trump is an as s hole but i love him for two things, He promises and delivers, He promised the wall and he is getting it built inspite the ruckus and political turbulence it caused both the Republicans and Democrats.

Secondly, i love Trump because he's a great negotiator, You can never outdo, influence or get him to compromise when a deal is on the table, the highest he would do is walk away if the deal doesn't bounce back in his favour. Remember how he walked away from Kim Jong un when a deal wasn't reached in his favour. That's how he does it.

Just Imagine we had a Trump in Buhari, He should remain himself but learn to deliver on his promises and having the skill to negotiate. Nigeria would be willing to amend the constitution to vote him in even for the 4th time to make Nigeria great again.
My guy wake up abeg
Na dream you dey so
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by OriginalZombiE: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
liberalchick:
Again, go and read the reports no need for a third part news medium. The reports are free and online, anyone can access them. You are the only one here echoing what you have heard others say. Source your news, be an independent thinker.

Sigh*

I have read the reports, and I have told you that stopping drugs is only one of the functions of the wall.

But I also mentioned terrorism and you haven't said anything to counter that.

Since you claim to be an "independent thinker" riddle me this...

Why is it that 10 years ago, nearly all Democrats were calling for tighter immigration policies, the deportation of illegal immigrants and the building of border walls?

Why is it that all of a sudden when Trump calls for these same policies they all backtracked and reversed their former stance?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by 9jaRealist: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
ogbonti:

Tarrifs, ever heard of that?

You do understand how tariffs work, don’t you? shocked

Tariffs are a TAX on the consumer, so it only makes consumer goods from Mexico more expensive as well as US goods produced with Mexican components (such as US automobiles). Even Republicans in Congress kicked against Mexican tariffs and were set to vote it down - before Trump backed down and began touting an agreement agreed to last year (2018) as a “new” deal.
>

1 Like

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by hermesprogidy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
ogbonti:

Tarrifs, ever heard of that?
Ergo America is paying for the non existent wall. Unless you don't understand how tariffs work.
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by umarshehu58(m): 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Good, they should also block buhari, APC, their supporters and family members from coming.. good step in the right direction

They won't stop them because they take Nigerian loots to the foreign countries
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Read1One: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
You are kidding with Reagan abi
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Nowenuse: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
oz4real83:
Our case is better in Nigeria oooo. We already know that we are surrounded by hungry countries that we are better than. But the case of mexico is like hell fire sharing boarder with heaven. It is like being in hell (mexico) while seeing people across the boarder in heaven (USA) having a good life but can't come in because of the boarder grin My heart goes to the Mexicans.

Mexico is not as bad as you think it is. It has seriously improved over the years, well, thanks to the help of the US. So many US industries are situated in Mexico due to availability of cheaper labour.
Currently, 95% of the immigrants from Latin America crossing into the US are not from Mexico, they are from Guatemala, El savador, Honduras, Venezuela, Colombia and co. They only use Mexico as a route.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Ningi2020(m): 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Good, they should also block buhari, APC, their supporters and family members from coming.. good step in the right direction
Sorry doh,, those people from the far east that depend on drugs and human trafficking will not get access to d United states
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by oz4real83(m): 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Mexico is not as bad as you think it is. It has seriously improved over the years, well, thanks to the help of the US. So many US industries are situated in Mexico due to availability of cheaper labour.
Currently, 95% of the immigrants from Latin America crossing into the US are not from Mexico, they are from Guatemala, El savador, Honduras, Venezuela, Colombia and co. They only use Mexico as a route.
yeah u are right but relatively,they are hungry country compared to USA although they are gradually improving.
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Afamed: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
grin with this he has fulfilled his campaign promises, his second term go be express cheesy

We the children of Israel in Nigeria are saying God bless you Trump, as you help us destroy islamists terrorist all over the world
Perhaps you are 100% ignorance of the promise Donald Trump made to the Americans.

1 Like

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by 9jaRealist: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
OriginalZombiE:

Sigh*

I have read the reports, and I have told you that stopping drugs is only one of the functions of the wall.

Why is it that 10 years ago, nearly all Democrats were calling for tighter immigration policies, the deportation of illegal immigrants and the building of border walls?

Why is it that all of a sudden when Trump calls for these same policies they all backtracked and reversed their former stance?

As EVERY US security agency (from the FBI onwards) have repeatedly reaffirmed, the greatest (and ever-growing) current terrorist threat in the US is DOMESTIC terrorism (principally, white supremacist groups). Building a useless vanity wall will NOT ameliorate that danger. BTW, none of the 9/11 terrorists, nor any terrorist attacker since then, came through the Mexican border. The Wall is merely a dog whistle!
>

5 Likes

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
Trump, mr talk and do.

2 Likes

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Afamed: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
lilfreezy:
Geeeeess! shocked I respect Donald trump. He has fulfilled every single campaign promise. From Muslim ban, to immigration, to jobs, strengthened military, to building a wall and many more.

I don't see how he won't win reelection.
Typical ignorant. Did he promise Americans to finance the wall with their Americans' money?

3 Likes

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by 9jaRealist: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Thanks to NAFTA...
Which Trump tried to revoke, and then was compelled by reality to renegotiate and rebrand.
>
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
OriginalZombiE:

Sigh*

My brother democ Rats are confused.

3 Likes

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by crackhouse(m): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Talk and do. All the things bubu talk he never do one of them.

1 Like

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by OriginalZombiE: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
9jaRealist:

As EVERY US security agency (from the FBI onwards) have repeatedly reaffirmed, the greatest (and ever-growing) current terrorist threat in the US is DOMESTIC terrorism (principally, white supremacist groups). Building a useless vanity wall will NOT ameliorate that danger. BTW, none of the 9/11 terrorists, nor any terrorist attacker since then, came through the Mexican border. The Wall is merely a dog whistle!
>

The wall is a dog whistle, yet ISIS recently took advantage of the border chaos and tried to smuggle their terrorist into the US

Are you smart at all?

5 Likes

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Kauti: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
I like Donald Trump because he's a man of his word. It is better like that, no criminal from other countries will just enter and bring disruption in your own nation.

1 Like

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Afamed: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
kaorama:

And how does that change the fact the Trump is overseeing the best economy in history? So cos Mexico isn't paying it will be a campaign issue? Pettiness!
Keep quiet, if you don't know your left from your right
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Afamed: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

He said he will give them wall and he gave his people, sooner than later they will pay for the wall. No be Trump, he's talk and do. You think say na that idiat for aso rock?
Keep quiet, if you didn't hear him during his campaign. He never said sooner or later. Not everyone is half-baked
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by lukui: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
ediot Donald trump, he is just deceiving himself, there are 1001 ways to enter the u s

I watched a film where those drug dealers have dug tunnels from USA to inside his room, the guys will just carry the drugs from their factory to inside the united states right under that iron roof border you are seeing in this picture,

Mexico to USA route is a very big problem for the united states, they may be able to reduce it, but those guys that they are fighting are cartels, and are very heavily motivated, morally, financially and influential, even up till inside the white house

my guy you can fvck with anybody you like, but please I beg you, don't fvck with a drug dealer!!!!!!
you ask why? they are crazy!!!!!!
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Nowenuse: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
oz4real83:
yeah u are right but relatively,they are hungry country compared to USA although they are gradually improving.

Yes, relatively. However this doesn't justify the 'hell & heaven' comparison.
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by ally2014: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
this is really I talk I do president... fulfilling his campaign promises to the latter
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by 9jaRealist: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
OriginalZombiE:

The wall is a dog whistle, yet ISIS recently took advantage of the border chaos and tried to smuggle their terrorist into the US

Are you smart at all?

I will not dignify the CHILDISH insult with a substantive response...
It is evidence of a lack of a meritorious argument or a poor upbringing.

Even believing the ISIS Mexican “story” (and ignoring it has only right-wing sources)...
ISIS has inspired many domestic terrorists in the US, without need to use the Mexican (or any border).
>
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Afamed: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
Lol, which one buhari do make we still contest

Job Security Corruption I don't know how una reason sometimes
But your gangs wail first when corrupt person is being arrested and tried
Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by Kauti: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2019
You can't compare Mexico's economy with that of US Mr. Man Trump will bring sanity and economic development to his Country. Unlike your own Nigeria here where poor man is been slaughtered n kill like chicken

1 Like

Re: US Government Starts Building Border Wall by amaniro: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
Afamed:
And who is paying for the wall? Definitely not Mexico. You can see ignorant wailers below. They are so ignorant that they didn't know during the Presidential campaign in US. Trump made a pledge to the Americans , that he will build a Mexico/ US wall and Mexico will pay for the wall. Invariably, it's the Americans that are paying for the wall now.

Give me a link where trump said mehico will pay for the wall project

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taliban Militants Storm Kabul TV Station, Demand Reporter Praise Them (Pix, Vid) / Ethiopia’s PM, Abiy Ahmed Has Gone To The Battlefront: State-Affiliated Media / President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.