Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts (29174 Views)

IGP Orders Prosecution Of Zainab Duke Abiola Over Assault On Orderly / Four Men Gang-rape Lagos School Girl For Five Days / Yangy, Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Women. He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
The Lagos State Government has said that in spite of a letter of withdrawal by the complainant in a rape case, it was resolute to bring the two defendants to face justice.

The defendants are Don-Chima George, 25, and Olusegun Rasak, 28, both dropouts from Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo in Ogun.

The duo are facing trial before an Ikeja High Court for allegedly drugging and raping a 24-year-old woman at a hotel in Lekki Phase One, Lekki, Lagos.

During previous court proceedings on June 13, the complainant via a letter of withdrawal, dated June 3, informed the court that she wanted the criminal case against the defendants withdrawn.

She said the reason for her intention to withdraw the case was due to “intervention of family members and for the sake of my integrity”.

However, at the start of proceedings on Tuesday, Mr Akin George, a Deputy-Director in the Directorate of Public Prosecutions, informed the court that Lagos State would continue the prosecution of the defendants.

“At the last adjourned date, my lord said that the state should get feedback from the ministry of justice on how to proceed with this case.
“The instruction from the solicitor-general and the permanent secretary of the ministry of justice is that we should go ahead with the prosecution.

“The witness is already in the box and she should continue with her evidence,” he said.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/lekki-hotel-rape-lagos-will-continue-prosecution-of-2-babcock-dropouts/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by yerokunphilips: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
This generation may God help us , why will you have to drug a lady because you want to have carnal knowledge of her ,if the drug reacted in her body and kill her . If you want to have sex you will get as cheap you afford . YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE FOR YEARS BECAUSE OF LESS THAN AN HOUR ENJOYMENT .

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Kirchhoff01(m): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
Some rape victims would rather let sleeping dogs lie than pursue the case. This is evident in this scenario.
It's high time rape victims took further actions to bring this demons in human form to justice. To even think that they drugged her.

But some guys no de try. This is not a case of conji. It is pure wickedness.
Put them for jail make them relax there small.

Nawa o.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by GentleMoney: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2019

30 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Canadanow: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Front page again...e Don tire me jare. And I no dey sleep for here ooo..
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by martineverest(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
good....rape is a state case not a civil case .

that lady can no longer control the case,whether she has been rewarded by the rapist's father or threatened.this will serve as a deterrent to rapists

...but the way some guys see women as sex objects (that deserve to be raped) these days eh..#appalling

33 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by mascot87(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Yeah,let them face the music with or without the lady pressing charges. Cows

20 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Soul serenade.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by lmm4real: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
grin one of them looks like Kanu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by musteyso: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Wicked
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
Better!
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
Great. I hope they rot in abyss.

10 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Mutecgold92(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
cheesy
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Mizwisdom(f): 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
Great
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
How long will this matter be in court sef?!

Justice demayed is justice denied.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Olukat(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
angry angry What nonsense, is she the one prosecuting the court case?
The crime is against the laws of the land once police is involved.
It seems people with "integrity" in this country barely think rightly... shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by tompat86(m): 9:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Kill dem all
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by omoadeleye(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
Which of your stupid integrity? Your life is ruined already
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by jayextra(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nice one
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by LOVEGINO(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Christaind9217:
[sup][/sup]
u never still hammer? Na wa ooo
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Kirchhoff01(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Canadanow:
Front page again...e Don tire me jare. And I no dey sleep for here ooo..
;(So what are you feeling like
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by baby124: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
That’s my state... you do anyhow, you see anyhow. It’s a criminal case and not a civil case.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by akejujoe(f): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lagos State is right to proceed with the case. The girl has probably been bullied to drop the case

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by nairalee(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
During previous court proceedings on June 13, the complainant via a letter of withdrawal, dated June 3, informed the court that she wanted the criminal case against the defendants withdrawn.

She said the reason for her intention to withdraw the case was due to “intervention of family members and for the sake of my integrity”.

My heart bled when I read this. Only God knows the Level of intimidation and blackmail this girl has faced to turn around and agree to drop the case...

I hate oppression with a passion. I hope they see the case to its logical conclusion

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by JBoss25(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Afonjizzy
Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by chloride6: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hurray!

How can you withdraw for an offence committed against the people?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Kirchhoff01(m): 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
omoadeleye:
Which of your stupid integrity? Your life is ruined already
You think say e dey easy make everyone know say them rape you. You no go know the depression. You no go know the plea and possibly the threat she dey receive so calm down

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
probably a date rape issue.all those guys wey dey spike babes drinks with one concortion or d other with the excuse that it makes a girl Hot and take advantage of her wen she bcomes drowsy should learn from dis story.spanish fly users make una hear o.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts by ipobarethieves: 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
cool very good. Dash dem 20 yrs each. Useless kids. Both dropouts of skool, both criminals

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thief Loses His Memory In Delta As Electricity Shock Him While Stealing. Photos / NDLEA Questions Obi Cubana Over Alleged Drug Links / Woman Murders Her Co-wife Children In Kastina (Graphics photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.