Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,637 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States (53994 Views)

UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Kuje: Ghana Immigration Warns Against Infiltration Of Escapees / "Don't Travel To Nigeria!", UK Warns Citizens. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by israelmao(m): 12:01am On Jun 19, 2019
It seems bombing season is returning.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by AngelicBeing: 12:28am On Jun 19, 2019
sad
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by freshMallam1122: 12:33am On Jun 19, 2019
udom emmannuel were are u.. u said u have given akwa ibom..peace like never before.. no more killing an kiddnapping.. Na ogun go kee u they with that your big mouth... thief
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by alobright17(m): 12:50am On Jun 19, 2019
Justpd:
UK media is the worst in the world

But I don't really blame them, when you have an incompetent, unrepentant terrorist piloting the affairs of a nation, it's best and believable to tell your country people to avoid that place.

Buhari have caused more harm than good to this country, let God save us through the judiciary because 4 years with this sick despotic bastard will be a disaster
All these for cheap nl likes . get small sense ,you that is not bastard what is your worth in life apart from writing insults and dragging front page on NL?
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Olorunnim: 12:50am On Jun 19, 2019
They should just tell them not to visit Nigeria at all out of 36 states them blacklist 21 Wetin remain?
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by chozzy: 1:36am On Jun 19, 2019
LofP:
With the current spate of kidnapping, I would advise Nigerians in Nigeria to be careful when considering interstate travel within Nigeria.

Exactly
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by EagleNest(m): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2019
The warnings should not be only to foreigners, even we Nigerians too are wary of so many places because of the spate of killings and kidnappings that is going on.

I'm not too sure there is any really safe place in Nigeria apart from Aso Rock et'al. Not even some police stations is that safe.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by lagdmark(m): 2:02am On Jun 19, 2019
EagleNest:
The warnings should not be only to foreigners, even we Nigerians too are wary of so many places because of the spate of killings and kidnappings that is going on.

I'm not too sure there is any really safe place in Nigeria apart from Aso Rock et'al. Not even some police stations is that safe.
The best solution now is the UN and other organisations should relocate at least 170million Nigerians out of the country
ASAP, then use the country as farm land.

2 Likes

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by cardoso222: 2:05am On Jun 19, 2019
LofP:
With the current spate of kidnapping, I would advise Nigerians in Nigeria to be careful when considering interstate travel within Nigeria.
You make more sense o!
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Bigcowhorn: 2:09am On Jun 19, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin South East everywhere........ UK is also managed by an ipob yoot grin grin punch is also an ipob newspaper.

That's how you guys continue pursuing investors away.... even your brother that is a dullard dosen't give a f*ck bout you....

South East issaa goalleee!

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by drololaaof: 3:04am On Jun 19, 2019
OMG,My dear country Nigeria suddenly turn to an insecure state,the security people telling day light lie that ALL is well ,whereas there is insecurity everywhere ,no place is immune - boko haram in the northern area,Fulani herdsmen clashes with farmers everywhere,arm banditry, kidnappings every part of the nation ,Yahoo yahoo ritualists, cultism,armed inter union rivalry among the driver union
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 19, 2019
British people are wailers. Zombies teach them a lesson.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by jeroncomputers(m): 3:59am On Jun 19, 2019
Truth, the security situation of this country is worse now
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by ToniNkhahle: 4:02am On Jun 19, 2019
nototribalist:
I talk am,

Buhari plan is to turn the whole Nigeria to a terrorist country.

5 Shares

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Borderless: 4:23am On Jun 19, 2019
alobright17:
All these for cheap nl likes . get small sense ,you that is not bastard what is your worth in life apart from writing insults and dragging front page on NL?

Wait till you’re kidnapped or killed, I hope you’d still maintain this your stand.

Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Afonja007: 4:36am On Jun 19, 2019
Justpd:

But I don't really blame them, when you have an incompetent, unrepentant terrorist piloting the affairs of a nation, it's best and believable to tell your country people to avoid that place.

Buhari have caused more harm than good to this country, let God save us through the judiciary because 4 years with this sick despotic bastard will be a disaster
so you want their media houses to tell their citizens to travel to zamfara for hunting or to visit kastina for sightseeing? If your your country don't value their citizens UK values theirs
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by chronique(m): 5:04am On Jun 19, 2019
Never in the history of this country have we had a situation where a country lists 21 states that their citizens should not visit in Nigeria. Buhari has destroyed this country totally.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Pharmc13: 5:58am On Jun 19, 2019
As much as there are facts to this claims and the negligence in this shithole country is second to none LONDON will still remain the most unsafe place in the world for me....
SOMALIA IS AT WAR Understandably.
Pls is London at war?? that warrants shooting indiscriminately especially amongs youth..pls dnt tell me say na our nigerian youths..some of the this kids have never been to naija..
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by NoToPile: 6:41am On Jun 19, 2019
I never knew kidnapping was so rampant, infact I thought its only foreigners or only known figures/ rich people that get kidnapped till I heared the chilling experience of a lady kidnapped somewhere in the south south traveling interstate in a public bus one of these transport companies, their driver tried reversing when he saw they were not army men, they were shot at as they reversed, those that didnt get shot were taken into the bush and their family called for ransom.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Isoduwa(m): 6:46am On Jun 19, 2019
Justpd:

But you voted Buhari we warn Una
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Localamos(m): 7:12am On Jun 19, 2019
Justpd:

Disaster for you, not me.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Isoduwa(m): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2019
[quote author=ToniNkhahle post=79464786][/quote]

That girl go sweet to suck anyhow na to pure honey for all her body begin lick am
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Viking007(m): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2019
doctokwus:

That is a bloody lie sycophants of his use as his defence when evidence of his unmitigated disaster as a president are made public by reputable insitutions or countries.
Even if he had good advisers,the man is bereft of ability to think out policies or decisions that would impact the country or people positively.
He is innately deficient in ideas, thoughts or processes,made worse by his innate bigotry and near extremist religious tendencies.
He is a modern day almajiri steeped and indoctrinated in Islam,but forced to attend modern institutions for which he was intellectually unfit for.
The result is his failures,so you lot should stop shifting the blame to a group of phantom good advisers you claim he doesn't have.
cheesy The way you passionately expressed your views. If only Buhari is on nairaland.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Viking007(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2019
Marcelinho:
Fake, how you mention Akwa Ibom, when last was there a report of attacks in that State... This people should just go and sit down instead of steering unnecessary violence
I agree with you. Akwa-ibom is one of the most peaceful state in Nigeria.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by Viking007(m): 7:25am On Jun 19, 2019
OlawaleSmarter0:

So because I commented that no South West state was on the list, it means I am ridiculing other tribes?

I was only expressing my concerns for the state of affairs in my region and I did not intend to ridicule any regions

No South West state was on the list and that's a fact

You are the one overthinking things and over reacting to my comment

He's just a troll, no need replying.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by icankel: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2019
Bubu will come to Government TV station NTA and tell us every parts of the country are secured
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by fkj950ax(m): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2019
21 out of 36.

That's almost 66% of the country has been declared unsafe.

CiC... Over to you and your Defense Chiefs.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by wink2015(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2019
Omooba77:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom has warned British nationals against travelling to about 21 states in Nigeria over security concerns.

The travel warning posted on its website and updated on Monday, stemmed from the worsening security situation occasioned by the Boko Haram terrorists attacks in the North East, armed banditry in the North-West and militancy in the South-South.

Specifically, the FCO advised against all travels to Borno; Yobe; Adamawa; Gombe; and the riverine areas of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.

The British government also cautioned against trips to within 20km of the border with Niger and Zamfara states.

The FCO further advised against all but essential travel to Bauchi, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Katsina, Kogi and within 20km of the border with Niger in Sokoto and Kebbi states including the non-riverine areas of Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Abia States.

The advisory admonished British nationals to avoid crowds including political meetings, religious gatherings and places of worship, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, transport hubs and camps for displaced persons.

“Attacks could be indiscriminate and could affect western interests as well as places visited by tourists. Besides Abuja, other major towns and cities remain particularly at risk, including Kano and Kaduna,” it stated.

The FCO noted that there was a high threat of kidnap throughout the country, adding that abductions could be motivated by criminality or terrorism, and could be carried out for financial or political gain.

It stated, “The security environment in the northeast has deteriorated since 2018 and there is a heightened risk of kidnap.

“There is also a high threat of criminal kidnap in the Niger Delta region and Kogi State. If you travel to areas to which the FCO advise against travel, you are particularly at risk and will need a high level of security.”

https://punchng.com/uk-warns-against-travel-to-21-states/

THIS IS WHY NIGERIA MUST NOT DELAY IN THE CREATION OF STATE POLICE FORCE.

We should forget about the abuses that governors whose control the state police force will be working under will unleash on the state police force and put the necessary machinery or legislation to get it working.
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by nextnear(m): 8:28am On Jun 19, 2019
Omooba77:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom has warned British nationals against travelling to about 21 states in Nigeria over security concerns.

The travel warning posted on its website and updated on Monday, stemmed from the worsening security situation occasioned by the Boko Haram terrorists attacks in the North East, armed banditry in the North-West and militancy in the South-South.

Specifically, the FCO advised against all travels to Borno; Yobe; Adamawa; Gombe; and the riverine areas of Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.

The British government also cautioned against trips to within 20km of the border with Niger and Zamfara states.

The FCO further advised against all but essential travel to Bauchi, Zamfara, Kano, Jigawa, Katsina, Kogi and within 20km of the border with Niger in Sokoto and Kebbi states including the non-riverine areas of Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Abia States.

The advisory admonished British nationals to avoid crowds including political meetings, religious gatherings and places of worship, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, transport hubs and camps for displaced persons.

“Attacks could be indiscriminate and could affect western interests as well as places visited by tourists. Besides Abuja, other major towns and cities remain particularly at risk, including Kano and Kaduna,” it stated.

The FCO noted that there was a high threat of kidnap throughout the country, adding that abductions could be motivated by criminality or terrorism, and could be carried out for financial or political gain.

It stated, “The security environment in the northeast has deteriorated since 2018 and there is a heightened risk of kidnap.

“There is also a high threat of criminal kidnap in the Niger Delta region and Kogi State. If you travel to areas to which the FCO advise against travel, you are particularly at risk and will need a high level of security.”

https://punchng.com/uk-warns-against-travel-to-21-states/
anything can happen anywhere, even inside Aso Villa
Re: UK Warns Against Travel To 21 States by bionixs: 8:37am On Jun 19, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin South East everywhere........ UK is also managed by an ipob yoot grin grin punch is also an ipob newspaper.

That's how you guys continue pursuing investors away.... even your brother that is a dullard dosen't give a f*ck bout you....

South East issaa goalleee!
last week, we drove from Enugu to Lagos. Between ORE and SHAGAM,we had our hearts on our hands. kidnapping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) / Mack Rutherford: 17-Year-Old Pilot Becomes Youngest To Fly Around The World Solo / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.