Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? (1563 Views)

Cab Driver Confronts Soldier Who Smashed His Car Windscreen In Lagos (video) / See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by inikamoze(m): 12:39am On Jun 19, 2019
My windscreen is no longer bright(bought it last year June when the former cracked) and it now has this oil-like film on it when I clean it, either using the wipers or a cloth. Any tips on how to restore its sharpness and clear visibility??
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by Lexusgs430: 3:47am On Jun 19, 2019
inikamoze:
My windscreen is no longer bright(bought it last year June when the former cracked) and it now has this oil-like film on it when I clean it, either using the wipers or a cloth. Any tips on how to restore its sharpness and clear visibility??

Replace it with an original. One year old windscreen, should not condensate........... Probably manufactured by either our Aba/chinko brothers. ..
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by ricki: 9:12am On Jun 19, 2019
carry damp cloth and detergent and hot water wash the inside and outside.

never used cleaning fluid as they contain oil which smear the glass and could be dangerous because on a sunny day u might not see road properly.
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by inikamoze(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Replace it with an original. One year old windscreen, should not condensate........... Probably manufactured by either our Aba/chinko brothers. ..

Could be true, but its the XYG Windscreen mostly seen on most vehicles.
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by inikamoze(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2019
ricki:
carry damp cloth and detergent and hot water wash the inside and outside.

never used cleaning fluid as they contain oil which smear the glass and could be dangerous because on a sunny day u might not see road properly.

I thought hot water is not suitable to be used on windscreens?
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by ricki: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
inikamoze:

I thought hot water is not suitable to be used on windscreens?

Ok, as you are
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by paix(m): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
inikamoze:
Sprinkle little amount of water on the screen and wipe it out with newspaper. The result will wow you.
Re: How Do I Make My Windscreen Bright And Clear Again?? by inikamoze(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
paix:
Sprinkle little amount of water on the screen and wipe it out with newspaper. The result will wow you.

Tnx bro...Will give this a trial

(1) (Reply)

Get Loan And Buy A Car For Transportation Business / Toyota Camry 08 Or Corolla 010 - Which One To Buy / SOLD! Relocation Sale - Registered Honda Civic 2005 - Clean Used - Price 1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.