Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? (62073 Views)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / What Does Bsc. (hons) Means? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by osic(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2019
Well, I graduated with a Second Class (lower division) and I studied Agricultural Extension and Management. On my certificate it's boldly written " B.sc (Hons) Second Class (lower division). Please note, it's a 5 year course and during my 5 years of study I had carry over.
I believe, that B.Sc (Hons) is awarded where the study involve a research project as a prerequisite for graduation. While Ordinarily B.Sc is awarded were the degree does not have a research project component.
Hope I've been able to help.
Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by fringz11(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2019
princeking2:

Yes you typed nonsense

You see there is "sense"

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by hardbody: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Astonmartins:

Your own na cow horn e carry, since na 2 horns.

I swear, you sabi.

Your own na cow or unicorn? Abi you no pass with HoRns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by Darevofpeace(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Differs for each country.

Seems like in Nigeria, BSc (hons) is awarded when the graduate finished the course of study at the specified time, 4years or 5years, based on the duration of course.
But ordinary BSc awarded, if the duration is exceeded ie for students with “extra year”
You are right,the years stipulated for a University academic calendar is 6yrs.asides Medical Colleges. Any student who spent above 6yrs.due to extra years and all that would be awarded either BSc without the (Hons) or Certificate of attendance only.
Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by Hileola: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
Answer. 'Hons' is short for 'Honours' degree. The 'Hons' represents 360+ credits of study typically over three years full time and often contains a substantial project or dissertation during the final year of study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by Evangkatsoulis: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
cao:

Over here, you need 120 credits to pass the year, so a normal 3 year honour degree would give you 360 credits. Now, let's say you messed up in year 1 or 2, you failed a 20 credit module AND its resit, you have the option to downgrade to an ordinary degree, which means you'll now be doing 100 credits per year instead.

which kind course b 20 credit unit. Even RSU patapata no give pass 4 credit unit.
Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by superman1073: 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
~~*Entrepreneur Fund Foundation (EFF)~~* is a Non-Governmental Organization founded in 2014 by some group of entrepreneurs and international business men to help grow and support entrepreneurs all over the world
Our objective is to finance entrepreneurs by providing them with both capitals and connections they need to achieve their goals.

We fund only projects that are sustainable, achievable and active on an ongoing basis.
 1. IS IT SUSTAINABLE?
The longitivity of a programme and it's success depends on self reliance and support from donors.

2.  IS IT ACHIEVABLE?
We aim to impact withseminars on skill acquisitions, grants, support to orphanages and less privileges.

3. IS IT IMPACTFUL?
Our impact is a medium that allow us to measure, evaluate and learn on how to continually make a decision. ‎
4.  IS IT DURABLE? Our experience and affiliation to foreign NGOs, makes us able to exist longtime without deterioration in value.‎

Criteria ‎
The applicants must be at least 18 years and at most 50 years.
You must not have any form of formal education to apply (artisans and traders are also qualified).
You must be willing to
operate the business on full time basis.
The applicants should have a new-fanged or inventive business idea in need of a start-up.
Or already have an existing small business that needs capital to expand operations..                                                  FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT www.entrepreneurfundfoundation‎.com

NOTE: WE NEED UP TO 500 ENTREPRENEURS TO BE IN ATTENDANCE /INDICATE INTEREST BEFORE THE REPRESENTATIVE CAN COME FOR THEIR PRESENTATION IN IBADAN. IT IS FREE. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE. JOIN/INVITE PEOPLE THROUGH THE WHATSAPP LINK BELOW. https:///Jrbj0Jta3kLJYlliFUPfDj
LET US REPOST/BROADCAST THE MESSAGE TO OUR DIFFERENT WHATSAPP GROUPS/FACEBOOK/TWITTER TO GATHER LARGE NUMBER.
https:///Jrbj0Jta3kLJYlliFUPfDj

Click the link above
Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by cao(f): 10:07am On Jun 22, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

which kind course b 20 credit unit. Even RSU patapata no give pass 4 credit unit.

When they're modules over here that are 60 credits sef. You appear to be confusing course with modules.
Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by Izime4(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
osic:
Well, I graduated with a Second Class (lower division) and I studied Agricultural Extension and Management. On my certificate it's boldly written " B.sc (Hons) Second Class (lower division). Please note, it's a 5 year course and during my 5 years of study I had carry over.
I believe, that B.Sc (Hons) is awarded where the study involve a research project as a prerequisite for graduation. While Ordinarily B.Sc is awarded were the degree does not have a research project component.
Hope I've been able to help.
u said you believe.... so no help was provided by you since you are still not sure
Re: What's The Difference Between Bsc (Hons) And Ordinary Bsc? by boyjo: 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
isthatso:

Be arguing there like a fool,

Back to Sender!!!
Na your portion, carry am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship / The Only University Without Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria. / Queen's College Student Fixed Eyelashes "For School Play"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.