Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) (1080 Views)

Drama As Pastor Builds Church On Land He Borrowed From Woman For 3-day Revival / Lagos SARS Operatives Who Extorted N5,000 From Woman And Her Friends Arrested / Girl Caught After Stealing Money From Woman's Account Through ATM. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Thandiubani(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2019
A Nigerian woman has cried out for help after a thief reportedly stole her phone using a new tactics.

A Nigerian woman, Enobong Akpan-nya has been left in a state of pain after a thief employed a new tactics to steal her expensive phone in Lagos.

Enobong in a tagged Facebook post revealed that she lost her phone while at an eatery after the thief walked up to her requesting to make call with her phone since his phone's battery was down and there was no where to charge it at the Mega Chicken eatery where she was having a good time with friends.

Unknown to her that the individual who approached her was a thief, she gave him her phone to make call, sadly, the man sneaked out with the phone and escaped.

She has called on people to help her identify the thief.

Read the post her sister Alice Ede made and the one she posted herself tagging it on her wall:

"This is the picture of mr Archibong Etim, who stole Eno"s phone at mega chicken he said he lost his dad and that he needs to urgently charge his phone to call the printer that is printing his father's Obituary fliers, he said customers are not allowed to charge their phones at mega chicken, Being the kind soul that Eno is ,she handed her phone to him, he stepped outside pretending to be calling the printer while she innocently sat down to wait for him,from 2pm to 7pm Archibong Etim was no where to be found till today. All the securities n the manager came all out to console Eno Akpan nya and one of the securities said THEY saw Archibong crossing the road, pls Archibong return that phone O Else wahala go dey, we will trace u to ur place of work n ur church better check ur inbox there's an address for u to come return back that phone a word is enough!!!!!!!!! Pls Eno"s friend's call this line to get through to her 08142313198 or inbox me please Share this post.

The second post she made:

Good evening,fam. The previous post you saw by Alice Ede is true. This is Enobong Akpan nya and my phone was really stolen. I was only trying to help and he walked out with my phone. A very smart scam.

Said he lost his dad weeks ago. And since his phone battery was down and he was unable to call the printer for the obituary flyers..he asked to use my phone to call and I gladly helped. Dude walked off and I was waiting for more than five hours. It's a wawuu!

I feel sad because this is mostly where most of my work is done and counselling I do too. Have no means to get a replacement now,so please bear with me. You can contact me on this temporary number for now 07012414042...till I retrieve my original line. Sadly i will b off here for awhile till I get a new phone. I will miss here. Love you guys! :-

Ps:Yes. Drag him.

Enigma

TORI NEWS spoke with the victim and confirmed the story.

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/124631/thief-uses-new-tactics-to-steal-expensive-phone-fr.html

Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Davash222(m): 9:40am On Jun 19, 2019
How did they get the man's photos

3 Likes

Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by majamajic(m): 9:44am On Jun 19, 2019
how did she get his names and details.
another staged stuff !!

1 Like

Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Thandiubani(m): 9:53am On Jun 19, 2019
She got the photo on Facebook. The guy told her his name before she gave him the phone to make call.

This is not a joke or staged whatever.

Davash222:
How did they get the man's photos

Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by seangy4konji: 9:56am On Jun 19, 2019
She will get it tmr.

Enu GBE
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Abfinest007(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2019
that guy is in hot soup
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Thandiubani(m): 10:09am On Jun 19, 2019
It was not staged. I have spoken with the victim and she confirmed it.

The brother of the thief has reached out to her after seeing the post on Facebook but the thief is nowhere to be found.

She wants her phone back because of the important documents stored there.

majamajic:
how did she get his names and details.

another staged stuff !!
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by majamajic(m): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2019
Thandiubani:
It was not staged. I have spoken with the victim and she confirmed it.

The brother of the thief has reached out to her after seeing the post on Facebook but the thief is nowhere to be found.

She wants her phone back because of the important documents stored there.

so u want me to believe that if u give me phone to make call , u will definitely have my details , as in know my name's and my fbk profile ?
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Thandiubani(m): 10:25am On Jun 19, 2019
You don't get it - the guy told her his name before she released the phone. When he disappeared with the phone, she went on Facebook and matched her face with the name. That is very simple to understand na. I am not speaking grammar.

majamajic:

so u want me to believe that if u give me phone to make call , u will definitely have my details , as in know my name's and my fbk profile ?
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Sammydanny: 11:00am On Jun 19, 2019
Front page straight!!!
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by ERockson: 11:19am On Jun 19, 2019
You mean real Thief will give real name. more lies pls
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by ERockson: 11:23am On Jun 19, 2019
This could be another blackmail
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Thandiubani(m): 11:35am On Jun 19, 2019
More weirder things happen in Lagos.

ERockson:
You mean real Thief will give real name. more lies pls
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by ERockson: 11:40am On Jun 19, 2019
Thandiubani:

Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by ERockson: 11:42am On Jun 19, 2019
Thandiubani:
I will not be surprise If you are the same person behind the blackmail.
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by Thandiubani(m): 11:55am On Jun 19, 2019
This is a very serious matter. I am not here to banter with you. I hope when he's arrested, you will not be on the run.

ERockson:
I will not be surprise If you are the same person behind the blackmail.
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by BlackfireX: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
Woman how much is the phone sef that you won't let social media rest....

Phone that you lock, password , pin.....so many restrictions on ya phone sef....
Re: Thief Uses New Tactics To Steal Expensive Phone From Woman In Lagos (Photo) by majamajic(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2019
Thandiubani:
You don't get it - the guy told her his name before she released the phone. When he disappeared with the phone, she went on Facebook and matched her face with the name. That is very simple to understand na. I am not speaking grammar.

so if I come to meet u to beg u for a minute call , I will have to give u my full name ? where does that happen ? and me knowing fully well I wanted to steal the phone I will still give u my correct info ? ahhh

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Aye Cultist Threatens To Kill Those Behind His Arrest. / Xenophobia: White Men Attacked In Lekki, Lagos / 13 Year Old American Murder Suspect Who Escaped From Cell Has Been Recaptured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.