Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People (496 Views)

What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by hakeem4(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2019
In my opinion I think the reason why people believe in god is probably the way we evolved. It deals with the way the human mind is. We natural seek answers for things we cannot answer like “where did we come from”, “where are we going”. The human mind is very good at imagination, that was how we imagine different faces in sky. We are just good at recognising patterns. Using our common sense to deduct answers all made sense Before science came.

Now that children become indoctrinated with different religious myth from birth, it becomes difficult for them to accept how the universe works without the need of a creator.

We humans did not evolve to think or understand quantum mechanics, we evolved to survive that’s why it is easy for people to believe this religious myths than to think deeply.

So what’s your opinion on why we have people who believe in god

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by budaatum: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:

We humans did not evolve to think or understand quantum mechanics, we evolved to survive that’s why it is easy for people to believe this religious myths than to think deeply.
Someone made fun of one old school asking if they didn't teach evolution in their school. Apparently, I'm told, its on the curriculum today. There was nothing like it in my day.

We 'believe' simply because early education had 'believe' in its dna from when school was church and the teacher was pastor. Now that education is school with proper teachers we are gradually mutating to education as 'understanding'.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by Akinbahm(m): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:
In my opinion I think the reason why people believe in god is probably the way we evolved. It deals with the way the human mind is. We natural seek answers for things we cannot answer like “where did we come from”, “where are we going”.

Now that children become indoctrinated with different religious myth from birth, it becomes difficult for them to accept how the universe works without the need of a creator.

Philosophy has been a blessing to Revelation in disguise...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by budaatum: 10:51am On Jun 19, 2019
Here's another reason:

kkins25:
i graduated with a bsc in biology too. Trust me the little i now know of evolution i learnt outside the lecture halls. They dont teach shit in Nigeria unis about evolution becuase the person teaching it doesn't want to stimulate doubt in the religious beliefs of the student which of cause he also subscribes to
Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by LordReed(m): 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2019
One explanation that someone gave that made sense was, we grew up having mothers or parents that nurtured us and it is natural that our response to this world we find ourselves in, is to imagine that a similar nurturing being is out there that has provided this world for us. Its an intuitive emotional leap not really a logical one so when the belief comes up against the logic of establishing proof and evidence it inspires an emotional reaction. Even faith is an emotional attribute, the ability to inspire yourself to unwarranted confidence.
Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by johnydon22(m): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
hakeem4:
In my opinion I think the reason why people believe in god is probably the way we evolved. It deals with the way the human mind is. We natural seek answers for things we cannot answer like “where did we come from”, “where are we going”. The human mind is very good at imagination, that was how we imagine different faces in sky. We are just good at recognising patterns. Using our common sense to deduct answers all made sense Before science came.

I will divide this into two groups:

1. Philosophical reasons
- Propensity to attribute arrangements, design, functioning systems to intelligence
- Causality
- Cosmological argument from contingency
- Consciousness as a pointer to the transcendence of the immaterial
- Simulation theory
- Alien Gods theory
- Ultimate moral authority argument
- Ontological reason

2. Religious reasons:
- Vulnerability in the face of death
- Short cut to problems
- Moral - Political authority legitimacy
- Need for hope
- A succor to the grandeur of the cosmological scale and man's apparent insignificance
- Unknown
- Paranoia of immaterial enmity
Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by hayoholla(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
hakeem4:

[sup][/sup]

what if human imagination are not just there for imagination sake, what if they are kind of a template, a rubic cube for us to unravel. what if we yet to lead the anchor down to the deepest trench of our imaginations to find the answers
Re: Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People by hakeem4(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
hayoholla:
[sup][/sup]

what if human imagination are not just there for imagination sake, what if they are kind of a template, a rubic cube for us to unravel. what if we yet to lead the anchor down to the deepest trench of our imaginations to find the answers
well this isn’t true as our imagination are based on what we’ve sensed before. Why is it that when we look at the arrangement of stars or the cloud we tend to say this stars looks like Jesus or Obama or what ever thing we’ve seen.
Nowadays we don’t use imaginations find any answer to questions rather we use the scientific method.

(1) (Reply)

Does God Smoke Weed Or Shisha? / The Four Primary Temperaments (man,know Thyself) / RIP: Pray For Rev Fr Hosea Jatau Titus Who Died In Road Accident Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.