Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? (1036 Views)

Either There Are Multiple Gods Or There Are None / What Intimacy In Marriage Really Mean And How To Build It - Faith Oyedepo / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
The concept of God/god (Elohim) in the Bible is deceptive and can easily be translated as one wishes.

Son of God
In the Bible we see that Moses was God for Pharaoh, Satan is the God of the world, Sons of God came to sleep with humans, God fought Jacob and lost, Jesus is the son of God, Even you are Gods. Most of these Gods are from "Elohim" in Hebrew. Elohim which can be translated as "gods" can be used in the singular sense for God, for god, Angels, Superhuman, and for people of authority such as a Judge or ruler.

Elohim as God aka Yahweh
Take note that in Gen 1:1 In the Beginning God (Elohim) created the heaven and earth.

Used as gods
Now I know that the LORD (Yahweh) is greater than all other gods (Elohim), for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.” Exo 18:11

“Whoever sacrifices to any god (Elohim) other than the LORD (Yahweh) must be destroyed. Exo 22:20

As an Angel (Cos i don't think Jacob can fight God.)
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” Gen 32:28

Humans are God (Elohim)
Then the LORD (Yahweh) said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God (Elohim) to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. Exo 7:1

“I said, ‘You are “gods"(Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

Rightchannel
TenQ
Mightysparrow
Ovacoma
Fzmasterz
Gaskiyamagana
43Ronin
SIRTee15
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by TheBillyonaire: 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
Looks like someone's mind is about to go online.

Ignorance is bliss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by RightChannel: 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:
The concept of God/god (Elohim) in the Bible is deceptive and can easily be translated as one wishes.

Son of God
In the Bible we see that Moses was God for Pharaoh, Satan is the God of the world, Sons of God came to sleep with humans, God fought Jacob and lost, Jesus is the son of God, Even you are Gods. Most of these Gods are from "Elohim" in Hebrew. Elohim which can be translated as "gods" can be used in the singular sense for God, for god, Angels, Superhuman, and for people of authority such as a Judge or ruler.

Elohim as God aka Yahweh
Take note that in Gen 1:1 In the Beginning God (Elohim) created the heaven and earth.

Used as gods
Now I know that the LORD (Yahweh) is greater than all other gods (Elohim), for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly.” Exo 18:11

“Whoever sacrifices to any god (Elohim) other than the LORD (Yahweh) must be destroyed. Exo 22:20

As an Angel (Cos i don't think Jacob can fight God.)
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.” Gen 32:28

Humans are God (Elohim)
Then the LORD (Yahweh) said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God (Elohim) to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. Exo 7:1

“I said, ‘You are “gods"(Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

Rightchannel

Where did you get your own version from, I am expecting you to name the version you get it from as simple as ABC

AntiChristian:

Deuteronomy 13 from 6
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods "(Elohim)” (which neither you nor your fathers have known, 7the gods (Elohe) of the peoples around you, whether near or far, whether from one end of the earth or the other), 8you must not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity, and do not spare him or shield him.

Here is another attachment

AntiChristian:

“I said, ‘You are “gods" (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.’ Psalm 82:6

I hope where you copied them from has a version's name
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
RightChannel:

Where did you get your own version from, I am expecting you to name the version you get it from as simple as ABC

Here is another attachment
I hope where you copied them from has a version's name

I will show you a sample.

Genesis 1:1

Go to the link:
https://biblehub.com/genesis/1-1.htm

Scroll down. After the commentaries you'll see the Hebrew translated to English!

You should see the attached:

What was translated as "God" is "Elohim" in Hebrew!

Try this on another verse and attach here!

Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by RightChannel: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

I will show you a sample.

Genesis 1:1

Go to the link:
https://biblehub.com/genesis/1-1.htm

Scroll down. After the commentaries you'll see the Hebrew translated to English!

You should see the attached:

What was translated as "God" is "Elohim" in Hebrew!

Try this on another verse and attach here!

Can you now see the reason why I said you're a colossal failure?

What is the name of the Bible version you copied them from is the question. Maybe we should tagged your fellow Muslims to help you out
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
RightChannel:

Can you now see the reason why I said you're a colossal failure?

What is the name of the Bible version you copied them from is the question. Maybe we should tagged your fellow Muslims to help you out

So Hebrew Bible have names? grin

TenQ
Mightysparrow
Ovacoma
Fzmasterz
Gaskiyamagana
43Ronin
SIRTee15
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
That’s right, and hope you know , Elohim and Allah means same thing, gods.
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:
That’s right, and hope you know , Elohim and Allah means same thing, gods.

It is proven from the Bible that Elohim = gods/God/Man/Angel etc!

But you can prove such from the Qur'an that Allah = gods!

Never!

I don't need your wikipedia or other online sources!
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

It is proven from the Bible that Elohim = gods/God/Man/Angel etc!

But you can prove such from the Qur'an that Allah = gods!

Never!

I don't need your wikipedia or other online sources!
The bible and quran are written in a language.
Elohim and Allah means same thing, the “allah” in your quran is hubal.

I don’t need your assumption and ignorance!
Both you and christians are abrahamaic gods worshipper, you shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by RightChannel: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

So Hebrew Bible have names? grin

Dumbass displaying yet again but the context of that Bible verses in question was written in English as you pasted here

AntiChristian:

Deuteronomy 13 from 6
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods "(Elohim)” (which neither you nor your fathers have known, 7the gods (Elohe) of the peoples around you, whether near or far, whether from one end of the earth or the other), 8you must not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity, and do not spare him or shield him.

You attached Elohim just to console yourself cheesy
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

The bible and quran are written in a language.
Elohim and Allah means same thing, the “allah” in your quran is hubal.

I don’t need your assumption and ignorance!

Were is your proof?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
RightChannel:

Dumbass displaying yet again but the context of that Bible verses in question was written in English as you pasted here

You attached Elohim just to console yourself cheesy

I have attached the Hebrew and its translation for you!
Wetin remain?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Were is your proof?
It’s all over the hebrew, aramaic and Arabic language.

Both you and Christians are worshipping Abrahamaic gods.

Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

It’s all over the hebrew, aramaic and Arabic language.

Both you and Christians are worshipping Abrahamaic gods.

This is where i disagree with you!

Allah says He is one! Where did you get your gods?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

This is where i disagree with you!

Allah says He is one! Where did you get your gods?
That’s what they said Allah said in a book.

Allah and Elohim means same thing.
Al lah means “the gods”.
Elohim means “the gods”.
It could be use as singular too.
Yahweh, hubal, zeus, ogun, marduk are all gods/allah.

In the quraysh kabal, Hubal was the head god, Allah.
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

That’s what they said Allah said in a book.
Allah and Elohim means same thing.
Al lah means “the gods”.
Elohim means “the gods”.
It could be use as singular too.
Yahweh, hubal, zeus, ogun, marduk are all gods/allah.

In the quraysh kabal, Hubal was the head god, Allah.

I asked of a proof and are these proofs?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

I asked of a proof and are these proofs?

I told you, They are all over the hebrew, aramaic and arabic language.
Your quran was written in a language..
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

I told you, They are all over the hebrew, aramaic and arabic language.
Your quran was written in a language..

Give me proof from what I believe in!
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Give me proof from what I believe in!
I don’t want you to believe it.

They are all over the hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic language.

When jesus was alive in the New Testament, he spoke Aramaic, what’s “god” in Aramaic?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

I don’t want you to believe it.

They are all over the hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic language.

When jesus was alive in the New Testament, he spoke Aramaic, what’s “god” in Aramaic?

Is it Elah or Alah?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Is it Elah or Alah?
They come from the same Semitic language.
Semitic means Shem.
What’s god in semitic language?

Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by RightChannel: 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

I have attached the Hebrew and its translation for you!
Wetin remain?

Wait just relax, I am not here to frustrate you pls cheesy

Let me come down to your level, what did you understand by the masculine plural from the picture attached or you didn't see where masculine plural was written there?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by RightChannel: 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Were is your proof?

I can proof it, should I?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
RightChannel:

I can proof it, should I?

Where's it?
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
RightChannel:

Wait just relax, I am not here to frustrate you pls cheesy

Let me come down to your level, what did you understand by the masculine plural from the picture attached or you didn't see where masculine plural was written there?

Bring your attachment!
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

They come from the same Semitic language.
Semitic means Shem.
What’s god in semitic language?

But Allah said He is one! Not multiple gods!
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

But Allah said He is one! Not multiple gods!
That’s what they said Hubal said.

I know it’s hard to leave.
I wrote an article on the Kaaba.
https://www.nairaland.com/7717600/kaabas
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by 43Ronin: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
@mayaman has closed the chapter. but yahwe and Allah and elohim mean the same thing. I have told you this before antichristIan. one person concocted both religion. cheesy grin if you turn upside-down the spelling of Allah in Arabic it spells yahwe in aramaic.
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

That’s what they said Hubal said.

I know it’s hard to leave.
I wrote an article on the Kaaba.
https://www.nairaland.com/7717600/kaabas

The Prophet ordered the destruction of all idols!

And I didn't see Abraham and his son Ishmael in your story!
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

The Prophet ordered the destruction of all idols!
Yea but not the black stones that represented them.
The idols were placed side by side with the stones pre-islamic, other kaabas also had their own stones with different colors, but the one in quraysh was black.

You can start from the etymology of the word “allah”.

Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by Maynman: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

And I didn't see Abraham and his son Ishmael in your story!
You think it was them that built the Kaaba? 😂😂

The link was on the origin of Kaaba.
Re: What Does "Elohim" Really Mean, God or gods or both? by AntiChristian: 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maynman:

Yea but not the black stones that represented them.
The idols were placed side by side with the stones pre-islamic, other kaabas also had their own stones with different colors, but the one in quraysh was black.
Which of these was Abraham and Ishmael involved in building?

You can start from the etymology of the word “allah”.
No be etymology i won chop! Proof!

Hubal, Uzza, Manat and others were destroyed!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forum For C & S (cherubium And Seraphim) / Muhammed In The Bible / Ako Letter To Abuzola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.