Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu (864 Views)

PDP Governors Mount Pressure On Wike To Drop Ayu-Must-Go Call / Peter Obi Supporters Mount Billboard To Felicitate With Ọọni On Ọọlọjọ Festival / Peter Obi's Supporters Mount Huge Campaign Billboard In Sokoto State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
Supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC have launched a massive campaign to have the appointment of Festus Adedayo as the media aide to the President of the 9th Senate, Ahmed Lawan, revoked.
Festus Adedayo, a renowned journalist with the Nigerian Tribune is thought to have been chosen by the Senate president to serve as his special assistant on media and publicity – a decision that hasn’t gone down well with most APC faithful.

According to the supporter, who was obviously outraged by the news, Mr Adedayo has been accused of using his newspaper column to criticize President Muhammadu Buhari in the past.
Some also accused him of being an apologist to the opposition PDP.

Consequently, a massive call for his sack was lunch with the hashtag #SackFestusAdedayo and it had emerged the number one trending topic in Nigerian twitter on Wednesday.
You can read some of the complaints below.

@Balarabee: #SackFestusAdedayo Yes sack Festus Adebayo Those who abuse and disparage Apc and President cannot be given an appointment within its folds.

@tessyolusekun: Dear @SenLawan
, release FestusAdedayo now and appoint a pro APC aid. #sackFestusAdedayo

@seguntomori: You are right Bright. Festus was an acerbic critic filled with discernible bile. We won’t allow him to stay a day longer!

@OlalekanSulaim6: Why to appoint a bad critic, he was never fair to this administration let him go #sackFestusAdedayo

@FelixNonny: SP @DrAhmadLawan You can not appoint your enemy as your adviser! 1. You cannot appoint Saraki loyalists, with all due respect HE. 2. You cannot appoint a rabid critic of our party as Media adviser. #SackFestusAdedayo

@aliyusulebala: @DrAhmadLawan Dear Senate President We have Competent, Loyal & Experienced People from the APC family that can handle your media with no traces of any attacks on Mr President or our party the APC. Festus Adebayo is a Wrong Choice. #SackFestusAdedayo.

@PeckyOfficial: Others will labour for us to enjoy
We should allow Festus to be please, it is his time to enjoy. #sackFestusAdedayo

@iam_FPresiden: Don’t lose your support base and loyalists on the streets @DrAhmadLawan @SPNigeria

revoke the appointment of Festus Adedayo now #SackFestusAdedayo.

@BulamaAhmed1: This happens ONLY in APC government. Castigating d government and still come back to the same govt. for an appointment.

@basilabia: My biggest problem with Festus’s appointment is that it now sets a precedence that you can write bigoted and hate-filled stuff in columns/op-eds and get rewarded with public office. This vile man referred to Fulani Nigerians as “Futa Djallon Animals” FFS!!!

@lanreneville: So Tribune Newspaper is deleting all Festus’s article. I just hope and pray that won’t protect him. We have printed copies already, we have archived it and even have screenshots. You deleting them are enough evidence that your goat of staff is evil. #sackFestusAdedayo
Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by darocha1: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2019
I will comment after the SE decides
Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
Is buhari bigger than criticism?

3 Likes

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by SarkinYarki: 11:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
When people call out Buharis failures APC zombies get pained

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by mrvitalis(m): 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
And some people would come here and claim how they are united and igbos are not

I stand strong n say no tribe in nigeria is more united than the igbo nation in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by Joshmodest(m): 11:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
I pray make rain beat the bed of that baba , wey help buhari in jazzing some Nigerians , imagine one idyot up there saying "no one who criticizes APC government should get any post under its folds " and I know him very well he is not even a floor member in APC , he's a common Nigerian that has been living on garri support machine !
Until Nigeria looks beyond party , religion and tribalism , and go for who is capable ,we are going nowhere - Buhari blamed PDP for four years and did nothing .
Ihedioha is in imo state , finding fault in every thing good or bad rochas did .
Fashola is still blaming The Jonathan admin , for his inability to fulfil his promise of 24 hour electricity !
We get ill treatment daily from countries that shouldn't be mentioned when Akpombo road is mentioned, if we don't change this our ideology Gabon , Burundi , Mozambique and Swaziland would soon start deporting Nigerians !!!

2 Likes

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by NOC1(m): 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
and he was sacked, when i saw my friends overseas calling for his sack i know that water din pass garri.
when i mean friends overseas , i mean people that came down all the way from USA to campaign for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by aolawale025: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
Some macabre moves here. As long as he's qualified its OK. We cannot all be sycophants

1 Like

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by Joshmodest(m): 12:04am On Jun 20, 2019
NOC1:
and he was sacked, when i saw my friends overseas calling for his sack i know that water din pass garri.
when i mean friends overseas , i mean people that came down all the way from USA to campaign for Buhari.

People like those your friends are the problem we have in this country !
no offense intended ..
So you mean they came all the way from the states to vote the lifeless one for us , and left for America !!

4 Likes

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by Born2Breed(f): 3:01am On Jun 20, 2019
APC minons are well known liars and hungry dudes.

Lawan knows he needs someone who says it as it is not Zombies who says it as commanded.

2 Likes

Re: APC Supporters Mount Pressure On Senate President To Sack Aide Who Criticized Bu by Flyingngel(m): 6:28am On Jun 20, 2019
Wetin Apc think say e good for their matter make dem do am.
Their running around the circle don tire me Mbok.
Se mmo ekid abo ke afon yak ammo enam.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: DSS Takes El-zakzaky Into Custody, Moment He Arrived In Nigeria / See Reactions As Forest Guards Come Alive In Enugu State / Donald Trump Sends Strong Message To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.