Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE (6311 Views)

BUA Cement Lists 33.86 Billion Shares On NSE, Now Third Largest Listed Company / Akin Alabi Calls Out Jumia For Listing His Book For Sale Without His Approval / Ibeto Cement Firm Set For Listing In US Stock Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by Onyemadonald(m): 4:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Telecommunication giant, Airtel Nigeria has officially filed an application with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the listing of its shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

It was revealed by sources at the commission that the telecom company’s application was filed two weeks ago. The Security and Exchange Commission, SEC, was presently examining the application in line with its rules and regulations, the News Agency of Nigeria reported.

SEC would continue in its quest to protect the interest of investors in the market in line with its mandate to regulate and develop the capital market, the source said. The application would be given fast consideration if the company met all the requirements for listing on the nation’s bourse .

The parent company of the telco, Bharti Airtel, in its filing in London on Monday, said that it intended to list the shares on the NSE at the same time with the listing of its Africa unit at the London Stock Exchange.

However, it said its plans were subject to regulatory approval of the SEC and the NSE.

Its African unit had been set at a share price of 80 to100 pence a share for its initial public offer on the LSE to raise about $750m.

According to the India-based network operator, the offer is expected to comprise approximately 595.2 million to 744.0 million new shares to be issued by the company

SOURCE: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/06/airtel-nigeria-files-application-for.html

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by fjjc(m): 5:08am On Jun 20, 2019
Why this?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by Jestin: 6:09am On Jun 20, 2019
I think Glo is even better than this network

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by itoski(m): 6:10am On Jun 20, 2019
Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by richmoneyoliver(m): 6:10am On Jun 20, 2019
uhnm
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by tunwumi: 6:11am On Jun 20, 2019
They are looking for someone to share their cooked loss book with. They should just exit the busines.

5 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by Realist5: 6:11am On Jun 20, 2019
Copy Copy.

Just because my neighbor is selling akara I must also fry akara to rival him.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by maisauki: 6:14am On Jun 20, 2019
Dem too wan chop money like eMpTy heN
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by sage101: 6:15am On Jun 20, 2019
Same VAR we castigated has helped Super Falcons to qualify as one of the best losers by awarding a penalty to Argentina.......

Congratz to Super Falcons!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by chloride6: 6:16am On Jun 20, 2019
tunwumi:
They are looking for someone to share their cooked loss book with. They should just exit the busines.

Lol.

Lets see their books...

Their losses maybe an earnings management strategy.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by NoBetterNigeria: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2019
Anytime I see any news about listing with NSE, I just feel it's all scam. I can list over 10 companies listed on this local MMM stock and nowhere to be found.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by rman: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2019
I think I have an idea why majority of Nigerians are poor.

Our quality of thoughts is also very poor going by what people posts in response to majority of the topics on Nairaland.

Especially important subjects like this one.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by STRENGTHesq(m): 6:23am On Jun 20, 2019
rman:
I think I have an idea why majority of Nigerians are poor.

Our quality of thoughts is also very poor going by what people posts in response to majority of the topics on Nairaland.

Especially important subjects like this one.

angry
You that is talking about quality of thought
What have you contributed?
Mtcheew
Nonsense talk

5 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by N2B2: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2019
Jestin:

Are you high on dettol? Even 9mobile is better than Glo.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by rman: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2019
STRENGTHesq:
angry
You that is talking about quality of thought
What have you contributed?
Mtcheew
Nonsense talk

Keep mute.

Airtel is listing on stock exchange and what you peeps could post are:

They are thieves
They are copy copy
They are worst than Glo etc

Is that the response to such a topic?

I expect contributions like:

Impact on the economy

Nigerians will now have an opportunity to own part of these successful telecommunications companies

Is this part of political bully or it’s just a coincidence that MTN and now Airtel are towing the same part by listing?.

These and many more are comments that will make young peeps learn but majority are so poor in thoughts they write rubbish.

Read and learn kid. And don’t be quick to insult, it is also a great sign of lack of quality in your thought process.

Have a nice day .

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by omoadeleye(m): 6:36am On Jun 20, 2019
Jestin:

Nope ... Airtel is better
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2019
Keep dumping worthless stocks

On them cheesy

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by peeta4u(m): 6:51am On Jun 20, 2019
Jestin:
Not in real life....
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by deltateam: 6:55am On Jun 20, 2019
itoski:
Impressive!
What's impressive about a company that hasn't stabilized yet?

They should get consumer attention with their products and services before flooring themselves voluntarily.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by deltateam: 6:57am On Jun 20, 2019
N2B2:

Are you high on dettol? Even 9mobile is better than Glo.

Agreed 9mobile is better than glo but airtel stands alone. No comparison with any existing network. I still remember what I suffered in their hands that year that made me lose their sim. Subscribed for about 3gig data but barely used 20mb.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by deltateam: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2019
Checkout the number of people viewing this thread and know if anyone is interested in buying shares.

In fact the Nigerian stock exchange market is a no no after the infamous crash that saw shares valued at #250 dropping to #14. Fortunes dipped.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by Nerro042: 7:15am On Jun 20, 2019
I'd think twice before buying their shares.. Airtel looks kinda shaky and the nse ain't reliable at all
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by dannybomb(m): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2019
rman:

Keep mute.

They are thieves
They are copy copy

Impact on the economy

Nigerians will now have an opportunity to own part of these successful telecommunications companies

Is this part of political bully or it’s just a coincidence that MTN and now Airtel are towing the same part by listing?.

These and many more are comments that will make young peeps learn but majority are so poor in thoughts they write rubbish.

Read and learn kid. And don’t be quick to insult, it is also a great sign of lack of quality in your thought process.

Have a nice day .
my brother I just tire oh. which is copy copy, right now many investors have contacted their stock brokers to get a handful of their shares. they fail to understand that buying this shares, makes one eligible to be a shareholder of the firm. and any funds generated to the firm. will equally be use to improve the firm service across the country, not leaving behind the huge dividends these investors will be getting annually

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by STRENGTHesq(m): 7:19am On Jun 20, 2019
rman:

Keep mute.

They are thieves
They are copy copy

Impact on the economy

Have a nice day .
Then why didn't you write those first before castigating ?
Learn how to proffer quality ideas before criticizing kid.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by rman: 7:24am On Jun 20, 2019
dannybomb:

my brother I just tire oh. which is copy copy, right now many investors have contacted their stock brokers to get a handful of their shares. they fail to understand that buying this shares, makes one eligible to be a shareholder of the firm. and any funds generated to the firm. will equally be use to improve the firm service across the country, not leaving behind the huge dividends these investors will be getting annually

It’s appalling really.
Same peeps will come and say foreign companies are cheating them by making profits here and sending it to investors abroad.
Now they have been compelled to list on Nigerian stock exchange at least which means their transactions will now be public knowledge.
And peeps can now make informed decisions to buy or not.
But what do I read from our youths? Poor comments.

If this were to be a Tonto Dike or Naira Marley topic, I will understand. But this is a very important topic that can have far reaching implications on a critical sector of our economy but they still cannot reason that out.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by rman: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2019
STRENGTHesq:
Then why didn't write those first before castigating ?
Learn how to proffer quality ideas before criticizing kid.

Check my profile before attaching the word kid.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by dannybomb(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2019
rman:

It’s appalling really.
Same peeps will come and say foreign companies are cheating them by making profits here and sending it to investors abroad.
Now they have been compelled to list on Nigerian stock exchange at least which means their transactions will now be public knowledge.
And peeps can now make informed decisions to buy or not.
But what do I read from our youths? Poor comments.

If this were to be a Tonto Dike or Naira Marley topic, I will understand. But this is a very important topic that can have far reaching implications on a critical sector of our economy but they still cannot reason that out.
really bad, wish I had some few cash lying around, and had a stock broker, would have opted to buy few units of their shares

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by agabusta: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2019
sage101:
Same VAR we castigated has helped Super Falcons to qualify as one of the best losers by awarding a penalty to Argentina.......

Congratz to Super Falcons!!!

Really? Good to know. So who are we going to meet?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by STRENGTHesq(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2019
rman:

Check my profile before attaching the word kid.
undecided
Whatever
Note the Golden Rule
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by rman: 7:43am On Jun 20, 2019
STRENGTHesq:
undecided
Whatever
Note the Golden Rule

Arrogance in ignorance won’t get you anywhere in life

3 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by STRENGTHesq(m): 7:46am On Jun 20, 2019
rman:

Arrogance in ignorance won’t get you anywhere in life
Talk go the man in the mirror
Re: Airtel Nigeria Files Application For Listing On NSE by sage101: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2019
agabusta:

Really? Good to know. So who are we going to meet?
Dnt know for now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exxonmobil, Shell, Chevron To Withdraw $3bn Suits Against NNPC / Kolanut Prices/supply Needed Urgently / Check Out 7 Nigeria Banks That Operate Zero Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.