Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! (1789 Views)

Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / What Is The Maximum Daily Deposit In Nigerian Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by Araoye001: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2010
IN 1996 when I visited Nigeria, I opened an account with WEMA Bank with a large sum of money . I have withdrawn majority of the money but still have a healthy balance with Wema Bank. When I went to my branch 2 months ago, I was told that the account is weeded and does not exist on the system? What should I do PLS?
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by saridonp2: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2010
Go to their head office to complain, Probably your account is a savings account and since you didnt operate it for some time it has been dormant and if your account is dormant they cant access it unless you write a letter to re-activate it.Its better to do it from the head office of the bank.
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by Araoye001: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
Thank you! I would do that first thing 2moro morning
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by xreal: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
saridon_p:

Go to their head office to complain, Probably your account is a savings account and since you didnt operate it for some time it has been dormant and if your account is dormant they cant access it unless you write a letter to re-activate it.Its better to do it from the head office of the bank.

,,, on point.
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by Araoye001: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2010
After all send and done. Wema Bank at Olubadan on New Ife Ibadan could not find my detailed statement of account and after 6 week has decided to give 1/3 of my balance back. What a sub- standard service!
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by Outstrip(f): 6:14am On Nov 16, 2010
If they are giving you 1/3rd back then they are admitting that they have your money. You should not let it go. That is armed robbery
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by sgsltd(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2010
invest or save your money in property,it is save

or

without lifting a stone ,you can make cool 10% of your money everymonth ,and we will give you colatera worth double of your money ,what u need to do is to be smilling to the bank,for details text your e-mail to 08169267593
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by kg(f): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2010
Outstrip:

If they are giving you 1/3rd back then they are admitting that they have your money. You should not let it go. That is armed robbery

True talk!

@Araoye001
Don't let it rest, if you have to use the media use it, expose them. GTBank is a good bank, why did you opt for old school Wema in the first place?
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by Araoye001: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
Thanks for your contribution!

As the old saying goes "SAVER ARE LOSER"Wema bank as ran around in circles over the past 10 weeks but I finally received a phone call, an apology and Email from the head office.

'Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Just to reiterate what i said during our conversation on the phone, I assure you that your complaint is being taken very seriously and the issue would be resolved in the shortest possible time. Please expect a call from us soon.

Best Regards,

Babawale Odeyemi
Customer Interaction Centre, Wema Bank Plc|Wema Towers, 54 Marina, Lagos|Tel: +234 - 1 - 4613146-7|email: cic@wemabank.com | url: www.wemabank.com

4 days after the gesture no other response. INCREDIBLE

Hummm the fight goes on!
Re: Are Nigerian Banks Safe? Help! Help!help! by Outstrip(f): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2010
You have his email and phone number now so follow up. He might be the one that can help. Find out exactly what the next step they are taking is.

(1) (Reply)

Indomie Promo Short Code Diverted? / Pls Where Can I Get The Following? / Very Urgent 1,000 Units Of Metal Drums Needed Within Phc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.