Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? (11379 Views)

1st Bank Customer Care On Strike? / Banks Embark On Strike In Port-Harcourt City. / Nigeria Customs Licensed Clearing Agents Stops Consignment Clearance ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by cargonaija(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
You never know if the above question is true of false. At times you need to be sure whether your clearing agent is giving you the right information or not. I've checked online, brushed through all media means that are most likely to broadcast the news of the strike but I am yet to find anything of this nature. Honestly, I am beginning to doubt my agent .

For the sake of my customers who sent their cargo to Nigeria through my company for the past two weeks, please can anyone here let me know if this is true or another clever way by which Nigeria clearing agents intentionally leave shippers job undone?

Links to news on this subject matter would be much appreciated, as this will let me have an up to date information for my customers.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
Yes we have been on strike since last week due to new development on increment of Nacho Handling charges.We are trying as an Agent to ensure this new development is not accomplished.The strike suppose to end tomorrow as the case maybe.

The only thing I promise myself that I will never try with my customers is lies because when you tell lies and you're caught you became untrustworthy and looking for ways to cover the other lies.

6 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by TreasuredGlory: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by klodike(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Owk ooh
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by CharlieMaria(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lemme ask Google.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by klodike(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Kini eleyi?
TreasuredGlory: .
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by jiddodo: 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
I was here.[color=][/color][color=][/color] grin
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by tempem: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lol

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by shadowwalker101: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Clearing agents kwa!!

Wetin be their own Wahalah?

Wetin concern me self?

* continues workings with my soap* grin
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Tadeus(m): 11:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
It depend on the port sir. NO strike at Seme border. If you cargo is coming in via Benin Republic ( Cotonou) port to Seme border or idi iroko border, no delay sir

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by koreat(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2014
CharlieMaria: Lemme ask Google.
Be fast
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 14, 2014
TreasuredGlory: .
I m feeling sleepy.
Last Bullet
I ll comment my reserve tomorrow!
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by manny4life(m): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
I think they are on strike because I got this email today

Information About Your Shipment

Dear Valued Customer,

This is to update you that that there will be a slight delay to the US shipments that departed on the 7th and 14th of July, 2014. This is as result of the halted operations at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) terminal by the Customs Agents and freight forwarders over alleged arbitrary charges by foreign cargo airlines.

Reactions and protests still continue between the involved parties as explained in the link below. In the meantime, we are hopeful of a quick resolution to ensure the shipments are cleared and processed for delivery to you as soon as possible.

http://nigerianpilot.com/customs-agents-freight-forwarders-cripple-cargo-operations-at-mmia/

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding, we appreciate your business.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
Oya na omo onile don come.one plot na 100m...............

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by OCTAVO: 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by zurine(f): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
whoah
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 15, 2014
Dis pple have started again again resting for 6months. I got a mail too from my shippin company as regard a delay..what's rily going on wit dis port authorities. My customers don dey disturb like madt since friday. I hope dey beta start work back 2mao
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Lawcurrent(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2014
#observing, is a part of view, isn't it?
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Dygeasy(m): 12:36am On Jul 15, 2014
Clearing and forwarding agents?

You mean what prospective husbands who are thieves or 419 introduce themselves as to their father-in-law?

They'll be like "I'm a clearing and forwarding agent"

gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Swiftboy(m): 12:51am On Jul 15, 2014
cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Swiftboy(m): 12:55am On Jul 15, 2014
I got the same message. Shoptomydoor right?
manny4life: I think they are on strike because I got this email today

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by mavinc4u(f): 1:21am On Jul 15, 2014
yes, they are on strike at Nahco

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 15, 2014
this government wants your very last kobo so they can easily get ur vote with 5 cups of rice..... angry angry

why do u think the price of everything is increasing yet salary is constant

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by manny4life(m): 3:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Swiftboy: I got the same message. Shoptomydoor right?

Yep, that's them.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by M4gunners: 4:34am On Jul 15, 2014
Mrcdorv: Yes we have been on strike since last week due to new development on increment of Nacho Handling charges.We are trying as an Agent to ensure this new development is not accomplished.The strike suppose to end tomorrow as the case maybe.

The only thing I promise myself that I will never try with my customers is lies because when you tell lies and you're caught you became untrustworthy and looking for ways to cover the other lies.
Then i may have to rethink because for me all Agents lies.Talking of strike, an agent just clear my Car last week Friday.Which he collected 370k from me.For ordinary (Saloon Car).

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by tigonana: 5:00am On Jul 15, 2014
Wettin con be my own for dere.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 15, 2014
M4gunners: Then i may have to rethink because for me all Agents lies.Talking of strike, an agent just clear my Car last week Friday.Which he collected 370k from me.For ordinary (Saloon Car).
The strike does not affec operation at Apapa port,well for the charges I can really say anything on this.
Re: Are Nigerian Clearing Agents Actually On Strike? by justi4jesu(f): 5:54am On Jul 15, 2014
NAHCO will always be the same, there is no time they dont go on strike just to extort the last penny from people. SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Price Jumps As OPEC Keeps Output Steady, Hits Four year High / Diamond Bank Appoints Chris Ubosi As New Non-executive Director / What's Happening On The Ikorodu Axis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.