Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal (17452 Views)

Demola Adeleke: I Went Back To School When People Said I Had No WAEC Certificate / "No WAEC" - Kemi Olunloyo Reacts To Ademola Adeleke's Victory At The Tribunal / Abacha's Daughter, Zainab Yakubu Lado Dan Marke Endorses Atiku - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by iammo1(m): 8:09am On Jun 20, 2019
shocked

some politicians are stubbornly foolish, constituition requires him to write waec at anytime even if he cant pass it

1 Like

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Flyingngel(m): 8:10am On Jun 20, 2019
These are people that will be fighting graduate teachers for certification.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Housing(m): 8:15am On Jun 20, 2019
According to Nigeria constitution, ability to read and write is the least requirement for the office of Governor, President and most elective post unless we change the constitution or amend it.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2019
Nigerians are ignorant. The law says to be qualified to contest as governor one must be educated up to school certificate level or its equivalent. Not that you must possess a waec certificate. The question now is, how do you interpret school cert level or its equivalent when people write GCE from ss1 and ss2.
dre11:
...... He only has "to whom it may concern"

..... Different names on school results

https://dailynigerian.com/senator-lado-questions-masaris-qualification-says-governor-has-no-waec-certificate-but-to-whom-it-may-concern/

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Tobosin(m): 8:20am On Jun 20, 2019
[quote author=timay post=79499417]All this politicians with no certificate. Anyway, I don't blame them, I only blame the people that vote them in.

Meanwhile, Pls I want to sell my Laptop to pay my fee. Lenovo G550, 4GB RAM, HDD 250GB.
Still in good condition and working perfectly
Location is Apata, Ibadan. Check my signature for my contact number. Thank you
Price is 40k( Negotiable) send the pix to me.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Mcreloaded(m): 8:20am On Jun 20, 2019
Since WAEC is the minimum then before any political party nominates a candidate to be it's flag bearer it should get WAEC certificate clearance as part of criteria for INEC to put your name on the ballot papers.

Who am I deceiving INEC and political parties know this but why can't it be a law to stop all these waste of court time.

1 Like

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Megatrix: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2019
buhari sef no get
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by MicroBox: 8:28am On Jun 20, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:
The ones with WAEC certificates holding offices nko? Are they better? undecided

Buhari nor get.
Tinubu nor get.
Adeleke nor get.

This is the TRUE standard in Nigeria.

Make we hia word abegggggi! kiss

Tinubu worked for all these American companies with primary school certificate abi? Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, GTE Services Corporation and Mobil Oil Nigeria.
Abeg get your facts right..
Don't be educated illiterate and don't reason like one
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Skodiswayze(m): 8:29am On Jun 20, 2019
C'mon pipe the fvck down
Adeleke get waec, e nor just complete (which makes it different)

KanwuliaExtra:
The ones with WAEC certificates holding offices nko? Are they better? undecided

Buhari nor get.
Tinubu nor get.
Adeleke nor get.

This is the TRUE standard in Nigeria.

Make we hia word abegggggi! kiss

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by udemzyudex(m): 8:32am On Jun 20, 2019
Intellectual201:
Nigerians are ignorant. The law says to be qualified to contest as governor one must be educated up to school certificate level or its equivalent. Not that you must possess a waec certificate. The question now is, how do you interpret school cert level or its equivalent when people write GCE from ss1 and ss2.

Whether you write GCE or NECO in ss1, ss2 or ss3, the cert will definitely come with the logo and certified stamp of the body issuing it. I guess that's what they are arguing about including age falsification.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by KanwuliaExtra: 8:37am On Jun 20, 2019
Skodiswayze:
C'mon pipe the fvck down
Adeleke get waec, e nor just complete (which makes it different)

Forgery! wink

MicroBox:

Tinubu worked for all these American companies with primary school certificate abi? Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins & Sells, GTE Services Corporation and Mobil Oil Nigeria.
Abeg get your facts right..
Don't be educated illiterate and don't reason like one

Forgery! wink

1 Like

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Skodiswayze(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2019
My Mom was a year ahead of him during secondary school days, my Dad was a grade II teacher then bro
Muslim grammar school Ede.

KanwuliaExtra:

Forgery! wink

Forgery! wink
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Lovelyn451(f): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2019
Should I be surprised?
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by KanwuliaExtra: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Skodiswayze:
My Mom was a year ahead of him during secondary school days, my Dad was a grade II teacher then bro
Muslim grammar school Ede.

We need to check ya mama and papa own too! lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by balonaija(f): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2019
well that is strange
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
very funny enough...most northern politicians lack basic qualifications and paper degree they claim to possess....well time will tell
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Skodiswayze(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
U free, e legit

KanwuliaExtra:

We need to check ya mama and papa own too! lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by codedguy1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
So INEC accepted a "To whom it may concern" as his qualification.

APC is Shagging INEC grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by codedguy1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Intellectual201:

You are too "intellectual" to understand simple logic.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
That's not the point. The bone of contention is if the governor is qualified to have contested the election in the first place, and I am saying that based on the law, one need not possess a waec cert to be governor. All you need is to be educated up to school cert level or its equivalent. To whom it may concern, if it was issued from a verifiable source is enough prove that the governor is qualified. You need to understand the position of our law as it concerns this issue. As for age falsification, how do you prove it?
udemzyudex:

Whether you write GCE or NECO in ss1, ss2 or ss3, the cert will definitely come with the logo and certified stamp of the body issuing it. I guess that's what they are arguing about including age falsification.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
First, you must be logical, then factual before you can become intellectual. So if you agree that I am intellectual, it means I am also logical. wink
codedguy1:

You are too "intellectual" to understand simple logic.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by codedguy1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
Intellectual201:
First, you must be logical, then factual before you can become intellectual. So if you agree that I am intellectual, it means I am also logical. wink

Agree that you are intellectual? grin

Please as intellectual as you are, try find out the meaning of intellectual in inverted coma's.

Lets even agree the law can exenorate him on the qualification as per being educated to primary or secondary school. Did he even write WAEC? Mr intellectual please what do you say about the diploma he presented to INEC that bears no logo. Which institution gave him that kinda diploma. I believe that should be a diploma certificate, no? I won't mention the word FORGERY now grin

If you can intellectually explain that logically, then I might not refer to your intellectualism with inverted comas again.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
For starters, an intellectual is a person possessing a highly developed intellect. Now because I am logical and factual, I won't take your word for what its worth unless you present an imperical evidence that he presented a diploma without logo I won't rush into conclusion. Besides, Inec won't accept an unverifiable document from any candidate. Please, we are all not stupid as to believe any cork and bull story online. If you have proof, present it.
codedguy1:

Agree that you are intellectual? grin

Please as intellectual as you are, try find out the meaning of intellectual in inverted coma's.

Lets even agree the law can exenorate him on the qualification as per being educated to primary or secondary school. Did he even write WAEC? Mr intellectual please what do you say about the diploma he presented to INEC that bears no logo. Which institution gave him that kinda diploma. I believe that should be a diploma certificate, no? I won't mention the word FORGERY now grin

If you can intellectually explain that logically, then I might not refer to your intellectualism with inverted comas again.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by codedguy1(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
Intellectual201:
For starters, an intellectual is a person possessing a highly developed intellect. Now because I am logical and factual, I won't take your word for what its worth unless you present an imperical evidence that he presented a diploma without logo I won't rush into conclusion. Besides, Inec won't accept an unverifiable document from any candidate. Please, we are all not stupid as to believe any cork and bull story online. If you have proof, present it.

Guy, let's stop supporting what is awkward. Someone produces a "To whom it may concern" as qualification and you are justifying it based on our laws.

The law says educated to secondary or its equivalent. Firstly if you went to sec sch, are you not supposed yo do waec and have a certicate, but in Nigeria because we want yo accommodate unqualified thieves who never did waec we inteprete the law as saying as long as he has attended sec sch he has met the criteria. Its absurd.let's not even talk about doing the waec and not passing any subject like the adeleke scenario.

Now you are asking if I have evidence for something we both read here on nairaland and don't want to believe the story because it can be cock and bull story.

This is the reason why we would never move forward when people continue to support things like this and lawyers exploit the law.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by freeze001(f): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
They will tell you he is a serving governor and immunity covers him...
gratiaeo:
I hope police will bundle him immediately and throw into prison the way they did Adeleke in osun state
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
If you are unbiased then you won't get pissed offbecause someone didnt believe the story like you. From observation, most people who rush to believe stories without proof are guilty of what I will like to call cover up reaction. If you have not subverted the law yourself, why will you believe such a story even without evidence? smiley
codedguy1:

Guy, let's stop supporting what is awkward. Someone produces a "To whom it may concern" as qualification and you are justifying it based on our laws.

The law says educated to secondary or its equivalent. Firstly if you went to sec sch, are you not supposed yo do waec and have a certicate, but in Nigeria because we want yo accommodate unqualified thieves who never did waec we inteprete the law as saying as long as he has attended sec sch he has met the criteria. Its absurd.let's not even talk about doing the waec and not passing any subject like the adeleke scenario.

Now you are asking if I have evidence for something we both read here on nairaland and don't want to believe the story because it can be cock and bull story.

This is the reason why we would never move forward when people continue to support things like this and lawyers exploit the law.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by freeze001(f): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
Beyond abiity to read and write, the Constitution requires docuentary evidence as proof of such ability which is in contention here...
Housing:
According to Nigeria constitution, ability to read and write is the least requirement for the office of Governor, President and most elective post unless we change the constitution or amend it.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Any verifiable document from a recognised institution is OK.
freeze001:
Beyond abiity to read and write, the Constitution requires docuentary evidence as proof of such ability which is in contention here...
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by freeze001(f): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Like I said, that is the crux of the matter. Does a letter/document headed 'To Whom It May Concern' qualify as a verifiable document from a recognised institution when the statutorily recognised means of recording and attesting to the genuine results of a student is at least a statement of result and then a certificate? Same issue arises with the other certificate without the stamp and seal of the issuing authority/institution. Anyway, they are in court and all isses will be addressed.

Intellectual201:
Any verifiable document from a recognised institution is OK.
Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by Intellectual201: 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
You still don't understand the position of the law. The constitution says, educated upto school cert level and not possession of a waec certificate. A letter or a whom it may concern (as you put it) from a recognised institution is a verifiable document.
freeze001:
Like I said, that is the crux of the matter. Does a letter/document headed 'To Whom It May Concern' qualify as a verifiable document from a recognised institution when the statutorily recognised means of recording and attesting to the genuine results of a student is at least a statement of result and then a certificate? Same issue arises with the other certificate without the stamp and seal of the issuing authority/institution. Anyway, they are in court and all isses will be addressed.

Re: Governor Masari Has No WAEC Certificate: Senator Lado To Tribunal by codedguy1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
Intellectual201:
If you are unbiased then you won't get pissed offbecause someone didnt believe the story like you. From observation, most people who rush to believe stories without proof are guilty of what I will like to call cover up reaction. If you have not subverted the law yourself, why will you believe such a story even without evidence? smiley

This is gibberish!

Intellectual201:
You still don't understand the position of the law. The constitution says, educated upto school cert level and not possession of a waec certificate. A letter or a whom it may concern (as you put it) from a recognised institution is a verifiable document.

According to the law, what is the meaning of educated to school cert level?

My understanding of that is that you have been educated to the level of taking your final exams which qualifies you to getting an authentic and verifiable document from the institution that you left.

Where does a "To whom it may concern" come in here? What is the "To whom it may concern" letter addressing?

Does the constitution say anything about getting a "To whom it may concern" document in place of an authentic sch cert?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Declares Another Free Passage At Lekki, Ikoyi Toll Plazas On Wednesday / Same Faith Ticket: Catholic Bishop Warns Christians Against Voting For APC / Buhari And APC Three And Half Year Score Card Part 1: Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.